Three things - "courtesy rule" reminders

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

ambrosia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Three things - "courtesy rule" reminders

Post by ambrosia »

The following items have come up enough lately they are starting to turn into fun-drains. Thought I'd say something so they might be clarified, Either to me so I can adjust my own expectations or be of a help if not:

1) I can't seem to find a link, but the last I knew only DMs can require and interpret die rolls for other players. Unless something has changed they can't be "demanded" and certainly not interpreted by players. Use of rolls between chars is basically by consent and up to the person rolling what to do with the results. For example, I don't care how high your wisdom roll, if you are not a DM you cannot "know" if another player is lying -only- by said roll.

2) just because you oocly know something about any IC info (say, by an alt) you cannot demand other people know/remember/use that information in game. You also should not "correct" people OOCly for IC info you know. Let people RP their own characters and if you have a problem with information shared take it up ICly. If you can't, then that's probably a big clue you should either stay out of it or -politely-ask the other player if they want an ooc reminder about your information.

3) generally speaking: don't argue with people, especially DMs via tells or OOC in game, especially during an event . Trust the DM knows what's going on and ask later or post on the forums. You don't -know- what the DM is doing. You also can't -know- what motivates another player. If you suspect something, keep it IC. If you want to argue, keep it IC.

Thanks!
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Re: Three things - "courtesy rule" reminders

Post by Akai »

Sounds right to me.
Chastened Phoenix
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Re: Three things - "courtesy rule" reminders

Post by Chastened Phoenix »

Noted

Sorry.