What is "Auto follow?"

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Chastened Phoenix
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

What is "Auto follow?"

Post by Chastened Phoenix »

So, mostly what it says on the tin.
What is this ability, how is it used, and how can I get it?

Mostly curious.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from technology."

Insanely Curious
Curiously Insane ;)
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Re: What is "Auto follow?"

Post by Rudiki »

The Autofollow Widget is an OOC widget that as far as I know used to come standard with all new characters, and then at some point years ago it stopped being standard. My characters have it because they are old enough that they were created way back when.

What it does is allow you to target another PC and automatically follow that PC. I find it invaluable because I suck at the technical aspects of this game, and it allows me to have Lexy, who is very talkative, talk while moving and not get left behind when I'm trying to keep up with a group.

However, it is also fairly buggy, and will sometimes make your character run off in the wrong direction and fall off autofollow, thereby getting you more lost than if you weren't using it, so when I use it I try to be at the computer watching so I can nip that in the bud if it happens.

Very occasionally I will use it if I don't want to have a group wait for me and I have to be AFK for a minute or two; in that case I will tell the group (OOCly) that I have soandso on autofollow so they can go ahead and my character will move with the group (unless he falls off, which can easily happen).

I do not know why it stopped being standard issue; perhaps someone else can explain that. I know that Akai has gotten an autofollow widget using earned tokens for a character that was created more recently; therefore I know that a person can spend tokens to get one if they so choose.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Chastened Phoenix
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Chastened Phoenix »

Thank you for enlightening me on this feature.
Are there any other similar features I'm not yet aware of?
(i.e. ooc player features)
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from technology."

Insanely Curious
Curiously Insane ;)
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]