Elysia, Avlis quarantined : To those who are there IC

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Elysia, Avlis quarantined : To those who are there IC

Post by Void Hamlet »

In relation to this thread (click)

You have logged out from Elysia last time you played your character. You log back in there and as the city is quarantined (all exits including the portal to Hala closed) ... you stay there or find an IC way out. NO server hopping.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and you have to make fortitude saves, you know it's a druid. -Cap'n Charlie
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

so players shouldn't use the portal and assume, IC, that its not working?
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Post by Void Hamlet »

Apologies, it appears I have not used the correct wording (as usual). :wink:
The portal is active at the moment I write this, but there is a matherial baricade on the Avlis side. What I mean is : Use the portal if you feel like it IC and if you can somehow get through the baricade. However, don't relog directly from Elysia to Hala or from Hala to Elysia just because you are stuck on one side of the baricade. Find an IC way in or out. :roll:
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and you have to make fortitude saves, you know it's a druid. -Cap'n Charlie
Kat J
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Kat J »

Void Hamlet wrote:Apologies, it appears I have not used the correct wording (as usual). :wink:
The portal is active at the moment I write this, but there is a matherial baricade on the Avlis side. What I mean is : Use the portal if you feel like it IC and if you can somehow get through the baricade. However, don't relog directly from Elysia to Hala or from Hala to Elysia just because you are stuck on one side of the baricade. Find an IC way in or out. :roll:
That would be a bad idea even under normal circumstances considering it isn't a shared vault so you would lose everything that you do on one server when you hop back to the next.
Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Post by Void Hamlet »

• Kat J : Believe it or not, some people do it under one or another set of circumstances. * Sighs *
Crystalactite
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Crystalactite »

On Avlis there's a single map attributed to being part of Hala (after the portal in the mage tower). Is that considered within the quarentine zone or not?
NWDuneAuron
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by NWDuneAuron »

You'll know about the Quarantine when you find it. It has barricades.
slave_of_emotions
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by slave_of_emotions »

NWDuneAuron wrote:You'll know about the Quarantine when you find it. It has barricades.
well I just hope it is not at some to early spot. I for example dont start in the ysgard area but already lower in the tower.
[url=http://www.dynasig.net/?id=2052][img]http://serve.dynasig.net/2052.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/a296/6_loverboy_9/NWN/]screenshots[/url][url=http://slaveofemotions.sl.funpic.de/mx/index.php?page=4&smartor_mode=album_cat&cat_id=1]and more[/url]
Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Post by Void Hamlet »

slave_of_emotions wrote:well I just hope it is not at some to early spot. I for example dont start in the ysgard area but already lower in the tower.
Now that you mention it, the portal to Avlis in the Heroic Domain of Ysgard is labeled "For living souls only!" :twisted:
Don't worry, the baricade is placed where it should be. :wink: