CvC and the Gentlemans Agreement

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Significant Owl
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Significant Owl »

oneioscope wrote:My char likes to cast Bigby's Interposing Hand on people every once in a great while, just stand there at a distance and chuckle. It kinda sucks when someone uses it as an excuse to try killing me while my char is still just standing there doing absolutely nothing. I really wouldn't consider that attacking someone, especially if my char isn't buffed what so ever and/or holding a weapon. It's should be easy to tell the difference if someone is using a spell to harm you or if they're only playing. It's quite lame if the one character can't defend themselves and gets deathplaned before they're able to cast their first spell or pull out a weapon. *slaps forehead* Kinda lame. LOL.

I oughta give peeps a reason to attack my char by casting Bigby's Crushing Hand, deathplane them before they have a fighting chance, stick around for them to return to their corpse and wait for them to buff themselves for a real fight :D
A giant green hand comes out of nowhere and begins squeezing the life out of you quite hardly, must be unpleasant. I know that I would at least bring your character to bleeding if it was done to me, though probably not DP (Even if it would be IC). Simply throwing around hands now and then because your character can (Or because he/she is "Insane") is what's lame here, IMO.
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

If your characters are still breathing, that's all the reason I need to attack! :shock: :D :D :P

j/k
oneioscope wrote:My char likes to cast Bigby's Interposing Hand on people every once in a great while, just stand there at a distance and chuckle. It kinda sucks when someone uses it as an excuse to try killing me while my char is still just standing there doing absolutely nothing. I really wouldn't consider that attacking someone, especially if my char isn't buffed what so ever and/or holding a weapon. It's should be easy to tell the difference if someone is using a spell to harm you or if they're only playing. It's quite lame if the one character can't defend themselves and gets deathplaned before they're able to cast their first spell or pull out a weapon. *slaps forehead* Kinda lame. LOL.

I oughta give peeps a reason to attack my char by casting Bigby's Crushing Hand, deathplane them before they have a fighting chance, stick around for them to return to their corpse and wait for them to buff themselves for a real fight :D
Lir'ana
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Lir'ana »

Arcane wrote:
I know we are playing in a magical fantasy setting but still i think arcane magic is nothing that radiates or you get a vague feeling of unless the practitioner really wants to radiate or show his power (through clothing, staff or protection aura's, ...)

As far as i know arcane magic is something that is learnt, not gained like the divine powers of a priest. I'd rather believe a priest radiates power even if he doesn't want to than an arcane wizard. Unless ofcourse the wizard has been altered in a physical way and become a magical being like a lich or something.
Kind of agreed but think that would apply really to lower level mages and wizards. Sorcerer's would definetly raidiat an aura of some kind seeing as how their arcane magic is gained not really learned like a wizard or mage, and I think higher level mages would as well because of how much they have been around magic. Its not really a choice thing is it? A mage/wizard who spends years using and being around magic would surely have some kind of aura just due to there close proximity to it for so long. Kind of like a residue. So maybe that would be something only a magic user could see though. Much like a monk sizing up another monk.
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

*stands next to another monk and pulls out a measuring tape*
Gladenfar

Post by Gladenfar »

Much like a monk sizing up another monk.
Indeed.. some monks are bigger than others. :wink: :P
*smiles*
Enverex
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Enverex »

Xanthalas wrote:*stands next to another monk and pulls out a measuring tape*
*changes form* :lol:
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

Enverex wrote:
Xanthalas wrote:*stands next to another monk and pulls out a measuring tape*
*changes form* :lol:
*puts away measuring tape and pulls out a magnifying glass* Hmm... still nothing.
oneioscope

Post by oneioscope »

What's being measured here? :shock:
Sex is like snow; you never know how many inches you are going to get or how long it is going to last.
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Cranial capacity of course.

Thats why its just the guys measuring. They know they can't compete with the gals! :wink: :lol:
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

*coughs* Hamster *coughs* wheel *coughs*
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

silverdragonams wrote:Cranial capacity of course.

Thats why its just the guys measuring. They know they can't compete with the gals! :wink: :lol:
Wait? Women ~have~ craniums? My eyes never make it that high...
:oops:

j/k
e'Kieron
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by e'Kieron »

The last five posts were deleted for content.

It is not that they contained content not suitabe to viewers, but this thread is *not* a rant or flaming thread.

I am not saying that anything said was inappropriate, however, it does not belong in a public posting area. Please take those discussions to PMs.

Thank you,

The Hala DM Staff
"Every night has a day, even forever has to end... Sometimes." -Magus, Chronotrigger