Can an RDD have horns?

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Crystalactite
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Can an RDD have horns?

Post by Crystalactite »

Can an RDD character use the headset with horns without being too cheesy?
DarknessFallsLight

Post by DarknessFallsLight »

Tieflings can have horns and can go RDD given they meet the standards of course. I just think would be a little hard to describe why your not RDD human/elf/dwarf/gnome (you get the picture) would have horns growing out of his head
Crystalactite

Post by Crystalactite »

Yea but the ECL system messes up multiclassing~

As far as I know you've got to get approval for an RDD, so it'd be for the DMs to decide on a person to person basis anyway...
Kat J

Post by Kat J »

Crystalactite wrote:Yea but the ECL system messes up multiclassing~

As far as I know you've got to get approval for an RDD, so it'd be for the DMs to decide on a person to person basis anyway...
Only RDD prereq is 5 ranks in Lore and a level in Bard or Sorc, so you could be a RDD Tiefling (Sorc/Outsider/RDD or Bard/Outsider/RDD).
Crystalactite

Post by Crystalactite »

The sp[color=blue]ark[/color]ly one wrote:Just as a reminder to all players. RDD is a prestige class, so do yourself, and us a favor. Do not create a character with the sole purpose of making him an RDD unless you have sent the DM staff a request for it along with a good background story surrounding it. The reason I say this is because you may think the character is worthy of the PrC... but we may not. We treat PrCs here the same way other worlds do. We give them to players and characters who have established themselves in the world. Characters that want PrCs that tend to require a lot of forehand roleplay such as Shifters and RDDs really should have a back up plan ready in case the team decides not to grant the request for whatever reason. If you have (prior to making the character) sent in a request to the team and it has been given a favorable decision, you are much more likely to gain the PrC when we deem it time. If you do not do this and do not get forehand approval... the chances are much lower that you will be granted these PrCs. Not saying you won't get them, the chances are not as high as someone who had obtained a favorable decision earlier on.

Though in both cases the Team reserves the right to refuse these PrCs.
Kat J

Post by Kat J »

Crystalactite wrote:Yea but the ECL system messes up multiclassing~
I was posting in reference to...
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

RDD do not normaly get horns as they progress through the class. They do get claws, fangs and wings though. Well, this was last time I looked at the prc in pen and paper.
Crystalactite

Post by Crystalactite »

*blinks at Zombie* Okie.

Well I wanna get writing my character's background. I reckon he's probably going to have lived his life around Hala, probably mostly as a bandit without actually knowing his roots too well. Then he finds out about his bloodline somehow (still fleshing it out -.^) and decides to learn about it (thus going to the RDD class). Does that sound reasonable?
DarknessFallsLight

Post by DarknessFallsLight »

Its Hala, anything is possible :wink:
e'Kieron
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by e'Kieron »

In order for you to plan this Crystal, it will take some serious story board to submit to the DM team. As well as stellar RP. RDD is the leas given PrC due to its rareness and complexity in nature.

-e'Kieron
"Every night has a day, even forever has to end... Sometimes." -Magus, Chronotrigger
slave_of_emotions
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by slave_of_emotions »

Some dragons have horns, dont know about red ones though.
[url=http://www.dynasig.net/?id=2052][img]http://serve.dynasig.net/2052.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/a296/6_loverboy_9/NWN/]screenshots[/url][url=http://slaveofemotions.sl.funpic.de/mx/index.php?page=4&smartor_mode=album_cat&cat_id=1]and more[/url]