Joining?

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Bassa
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Joining?

Post by Bassa »

If making it hell to try and find out how to join Hala as a new player, you guys have truly outdone yourselves. ;)

So, point is, how in the nine hells do I get the password for the server, so that I may join and kick in on some spectacular roleplay?

Cheers,
Bassa
Fredegar
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Fredegar »

Hala is a member of CoPaP. A collection of various servers that operate off a similar set of rules regarding experience, classes, gold, etc.

To join CoPaP you will need to fill out this form:

http://www.copap.org/portal.php?getpage ... ation_form

It can take up to a week(rarely) so patience.

Be sure to browse over the information contained in the World Info forum.

To add: Each server that belongs to CoPaP requires different hakpaks. The ones for Hala are listed under the News and Downloads Forums.
Bassa

Post by Bassa »

Alright, thanks.

I did the application earlier today, so I'm just waiting for the response.

I've played on Avlis before, but not on any of the other servers.

Cheers,
Bassa
Fredegar
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Fredegar »

Ah, if you have played on Avlis before you should have an email from the CoPaP usergroup. With the list of Passwords for all the Avlis servers is also the listings for the Passwords to Glantri, Outlands, The Wastes, Hala, Rockhome, Abyss404, EA and Tairis.
Bassa

Post by Bassa »

Yeah, but it's been a little while since I played on Avlis, and since then, I've formatted my harddrive, thus loosing old e-mails, documents and the likes... typical, huh? ;)

And to think that Microsoft would've made the NTFS-system a bit more stable when handling partitioning. *Sighs and slaps Bill*

I tried re-joining Avlis a few hours ago, but of course, they're still running the 1.65 version. Hrmpf.

Cheers,
Bassa
Bassa

Post by Bassa »

By the way, are the Glantri, Outlands, The Wastes, Hala, Rockhome, Abyss404, EA and Tairis worlds new? I'm a nwn-veteran and have known about Avlis for ages, but I don't seem to recall those worlds.

Are they new or?

Cheers,
Bassa
Final Shinryuu
Newb of the Year: First Place

Post by Final Shinryuu »

Some are newer than others, but all have been around for years. (except Grey Wastes, just went live 2 months ago, and Tairis, went up about a year ago)
The rest have been around for quite a bit of time, Abyss 404 especially started up in the first year of NWN.
oblivion404

Post by oblivion404 »

Hi - I thought I'd try out Hala too... normally play in the abyss.

I can't seem to get in to Hala, password problems, but I'll try again making sure about lower/upper case.

In my joining email I didn't get info about the Outlands password - how can I find that out now?

also, does Arborea still exist? I wanted to have a look at that one too.
VIpAcT
Veteran DM

Post by VIpAcT »

Oblivion404,

Be sure to get the capitalization correct, you can probably see it by logging on to Abyss404 and looking up the journal with all the rules. I think there is some sort of list to join for getting new passwords, which is probably the reason why I don't have the outland one either. And for Arborea, they are not apart of CoPaP anymore to my knowledge.

Hope that helps -- cheers.
[size=75]<Sarmanoloth> I should have went Dirty Harry with the Solar
<Sarmanoloth> "See this? Its a Celestial crafted greatsword with three runes of enchanted and loaded with Holy Avenger Caliber magic. So I have to ask you a question? Do you feel lucky? Punk?" [/size]