Hala Meet-Up: Colorado, End of October

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Odin Hammersong
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Hala Meet-Up: Colorado, End of October

Post by Odin Hammersong »

After what began as just jskee(Niko) and teagirl(Calandra) coming out to my place has turned into a full blown meet up with E'Keiron and several others joining up. So I figure why not open the gates to everyone else? :D

Right now the tentative dates are the last weekend in October, the 28th through the 30th. I live about an hour north of Denver in Fort Collins, and e'Keiron lives somewhere in Denver (5 points, right E'? ;) )

Anyone else wanting to join us is more than welcome. I don't have much more room at my place for guests, so if someone needs a place to stay I would suggest asking E'Keiron if he has some room or knows of cheap lodging nearby.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post here or PM me or E'Keiron.

Cheers! :)

Oh, and here's a nice word from our friend jskee:

"and, this last attraction is not for the faint of heart....why it's NIKO...NIKO WAYNN. Why settle for getting insulted and abused only IG and IRC, come get it in person!" :shock:
"All tryin' to do as we should, but that doesn't always rhyme with doin' what feels good"

[quote="micah ormane"]I'm dedicated? I just take your spells away then abandon you!

Muah ha ha! RP that, bitch![/quote]
Coco1
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Coco1 »

*Sighs*...if Asben and I could, we would really love to have joined... but because we are both from Denmark, it will be a bit diffecult for us to come...lol..
We may however come next year, if a similar invitation comes again...ill just ask Asben to use the gym some more, so he will be able to row us across the Atlantic Ocean :D .Thanks for the invitation though. We will be thinking of you and are hoping you will all have a great time.

Asbendale and Dala
Lir'ana

Post by Lir'ana »

Hmmmm maybe I will see if I can join Cal depending on how she travels out there :)
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

If anyone goes through North Utah / South Idaho wouldnt mind a momuntain excursion to get a lost puerto rican tribal boy. I dbe willing to help on gas ;)
Slogth
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Slogth »

If I can figure out how to do a disappearing act and run real fast maybe my wife wont catch me! :lol:

To many demons in one place at once I can't miss this one. We'll see what kind of miracle I can pull off on this one. Maybe I can hide in Lir's or Cal's suitcase.
Idonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Idonia »

Well I would, but my hard drive's broken and even if it wasn't I couldn't run Lily over there because I dont know where the portal is a-

kidding :P

I can't afford a flight up to the big city anyway.
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Ok.. I know I shouldn't hijack this thread, but from a European's perspective, I was feeling left out...

What?... if any.... is the likelyhood of sorting one of these get-togethers a few months in advance so that maybe us foriegners make the effort to pop over and say hi.... ?

It may be a bit far-fetched, but if I don't ask, then we'll never know...
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Slogth
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Slogth »

Not far fetched at all, we can try to get something together a few months in advanced and party out here in Chicago. Not sure exactally how many people I could house or who would actually want to house here cause I got a three bedroom apartment with three crazy childeren, but a few of us live out here and I'm sure between all of us we could definetly figure something out! So if anyones interested in planning something in Chicago a few months down the line let me know and we'll get this going and figured out!
micah ormane

Post by micah ormane »

Chi-town (depending on which side you are on...) is a 6-10 hour drive for me, depending on traffic =)
Asbendale
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Asbendale »

*grubles*..ok lisen up all of you...those of you that aint in the US send me a tell or a pm ill try to figure out if it will be possibel to all meet here in Denmark.......Dala and i will need to rearange some stuff, but im sure it could be fun.

Asbendale
Odin Hammersong

*points to thread title* :roll:

This is about me, Maurice Chavez. This isn't a game show.
"All tryin' to do as we should, but that doesn't always rhyme with doin' what feels good"

[quote="micah ormane"]I'm dedicated? I just take your spells away then abandon you!

T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

assuming you guys dont hate canadians :)

I'm 8 hours north of new york city. How far is the meet from NYC?
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

NYC to Denver....about 30 hours give or take a day.

I might be able to come. Depends a lot on what happens the next couple of weeks.
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
Odin Hammersong

Wow, that's a long trip! Let's see I would have to have a cold beer waiting for Tholoth and maybe an ice pack for silverdragon's shoulders since she would be hanging onto the wheel the whole time? Ahh hell, cold beer for everyone!

Tholoth, hehe, :twisted: I could show you my guns, hehe. hrmm, :twisted:

*looks around nervously* :D

Aiquandol
Team Member

Post by Aiquandol »

Well, since there's no way I'm getting out there, if I get astral projection down by then I'll be there in spirit.
oneioscope
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Re: Hala Meet-Up: Colorado, End of October

Post by oneioscope »

Odin Hammersong wrote:Oh, and here's a nice word from our friend jskee:

"and, this last attraction is not for the faint of heart....why it's NIKO...NIKO WAYNN. Why settle for getting insulted and abused only IG and IRC, come get it in person!" :shock:

... the abuse part doesn't sound all that bad :shock: :o
Sex is like snow; you never know how many inches you are going to get or how long it is going to last.
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Re: Hala Meet-Up: Colorado, End of October

Post by Jskee »

oneioscope wrote:
Odin Hammersong wrote:Oh, and here's a nice word from our friend jskee:

... the abuse part doesn't sound all that bad :shock: :o
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
micah ormane

Post by micah ormane »

*wonders how far it is from minneapolis to colorado*
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

micah ormane wrote:*wonders how far it is from minneapolis to colorado*
900 miles. That's not too far!
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

Just bumping this thread.

Some things have come up in my life to where it will be difficult for me to make the trip, HOWEVER, if other people are definitely going to come, then I'll be there. So, please post whether you are coming or not, that way we'll know what to expect. Also, if the October trip doesn't pan out...then Odin and I were thinking about a Spring '06 meeting and inviting all of Hala.

Please post as soon as you read this, on your intentions for the October meet in CO....as airfare is going up daily from this point on.

Jskee
teagirl03
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by teagirl03 »

Unfortuanately, I just got the estimate back for my car (it was being funky on my drive to DC) and i found that i have to replace the motor mounts. SOoooooOOOoooo... that's quite a bit of cashola, and i don't have it to be taking vacations anytime soon. So it will have to wait. Odin said something ot me about spring or summer though... and I would definately be game for that!!!
I thought we were having stove top? I want none of this soul toast!
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

I myself might be takig a trip to Texas, Which is going to be enough of a strain on my wallet. So I will have to save. Summer or such sounds perfect for me though.
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

If a spring one can be sorted, then i'll almost defnitely make it. Any good excuse to get away for a while is welcomed :)
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Kevin5656
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Kevin5656 »

Well considering E'Kieron and I live in the same town I may have to join this little excursion. Hope to see you all soon.
"My kitchen was infested with Koala bears... it was the cutest infestation EVER...."
micah ormane

Post by micah ormane »

I've always wanted to see something farther west than the mall...

I would so come, were RL not pwning!