Hala Crafting Association (HCA)

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

SIlvermane
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by SIlvermane »

Fellow Craters....

I am happy to say we have enough funds to get under way, sorry it has taken so long, but with all that has been going on in Hala of late it has been difficult to collect funds.

Please be abit more patient as we get together the needed contractors to do the job.

Thank you,

Fiona Silvermane
SIlvermane

Post by SIlvermane »

Fellow Crafters,

I have said many times in the past that the plan for a crafting hall in Hala has been in my vision, one that will be open to all residents of Hala. One that crafters can get together, one that builds a great sence of community for the people of Hala, one that will have the needed materials available to buy that are not available elsewhere, one that will be free of the politics that are so prevailant in other guilds of its type. I hope that others can have the same vision and enjoy the Crafting Hall when it does go up.

Thank you,

Fiona Silvermane

PS: to all those who think I have been gone, I have not giving up on this Dream that I shared with Almara, along time ago.
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

Our duties sometimes carry us away from our peers for long periods of time. Some of us can spend more time in an about Nagrtch and the surrounding areas than others. It is a part of the job. Sometimes things slow down but as long as we are moving forward with our objectives in sight we are winning.

Politics, or rather a desire to escape from them, is what led me to this land. Politics are about compromising your morales to get what you want. It steals land from farmers, lives from soldiers and brings deciet and trechery to the supper table. To be surrounded by politics is to have to always watch your back, which takes your eyes off your objective. It introduces fear, greed and paranoia to friendships. We start to lose.

I see knowledge as a treasure of sorts, say a piece of art like a beautiful painting. A dragon will hoarde it's treasure, sitting atop it's pile incinerating anyone who gets too close. What good does this hording accomplish? For 1200 years a dragon may sit on this gold, keeping it away from people who could better use it, like people to feed their starving families. Cities to purchase walls, buy weapons and pay guards to protect them. It's wasted.
Knowledge is like a work of art in that when you keep it locked away hidden from sight it looses it's purpose. It becomes lost, no one bennifits. The work of art should be put on display fo rall to see and all to enjoy. The Gods grant us this knowledge to use for the good of mankind, let's not let greed and politics creep their way into this well of knowledge.

I appologize for preaching here but I think crafting is a very important function, especially to an army. I have next to no skill in actually crafting but I understand how important bandages, weapons, armor, arrows and magical potions are to an army. A unit that is well trained and very well equipped and prepared can defeat a force ten times their number, which is the situation we litterally face.

Therion Shadowborn
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Post by Void Hamlet »

A young elf with blood red hair, bruised hands and suspicious sparkle in his eyes lifts his head from the alchemy table in Nagritch and looks at the sky.

"So," he mutters, "the healing potions recipies that T'Nanshi maid gave me work pretty much the same way here ... I just have to wait for the results of the explosion from the previous attempt to come down, then I may be able to make some more ..."
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and you have to make fortitude saves, you know it's a druid. -Cap'n Charlie
Sable
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Sable »

errrr... is it me, or isn't this an OOC board? :?
"Abash'd the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely” John Milton
Anniko
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Anniko »

Its an OOC thread
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

Ahh, right.
Oopsie :)
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
SIlvermane

Post by SIlvermane »

Just so everone knows what this thread IS...and since I started it, i'll let you all know...

This thread can be whatever you want to use it as...feel free to post IC or OOC here

When the Crafting Hall is made and up, hopefully a new thread in the Guild area will be made, at that time it should be all IC

Thank you,

Fiona

PS: a good RP'er can tell the difference....
Last edited by SIlvermane on Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sable
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Sable »

*looks at his sig, looks back and winks*
"Abash'd the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely” John Milton