Hala Crafting Association (HCA)

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

SIlvermane
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Hala Crafting Association (HCA)

Post by SIlvermane »

In responce to teleri's post...see elsewhere in the forum....

Tha crafting hall still can happen, if the people of Hala want it. Please if you will show or have showed support in the past sent me a PM, so that I may get an idea of the level of desire for a crafting hall and that it may still happen.

Hala has many things that make it what it is... a Crafting Hall would only make us better.

Thank you,

Fiona Silvermane
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

I'm interested in the HCA

let me know how i can help
jarman
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by jarman »

I am also interested.

OOC: I was told awhile back that there MAY be a possibility of having crafting skills carry over from other servers such as Avlis. If this is true then I am definately interested because my currect characters have done a lot of crafting on Avlis and all that time would not be wasted with having to start over in Hala.

Signed,
Merom Runt
Blaatmeister
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Blaatmeister »

Since this forum is OOC anyway. A system to transfer crafting skills from one world to another is in progress.
[Random supposedly funny line of text that causes your intestines to implode.]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TapijtGeit/?chartstyle=basicrt10][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basicrt10/recenttracks/3/TapijtGeit.gif[/img][/url]
Drakuul
Veteran DM

Post by Drakuul »

If there is enough interest, I can design a hall for 2 million with approx 45 persistant chests and four of each crafting placeable
I think, therefore I am right. QED.
Malifax
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Malifax »

Thanks Drak... I know I for one would like to see it happen, and I'll be happy to do whatever I can. 2 million... man.. I'm going to be chopping a lot of wood! lol
Malifax
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Malifax »

jarman wrote:I am also interested.

OOC: I was told awhile back that there MAY be a possibility of having crafting skills carry over from other servers such as Avlis. If this is true then I am definately interested because my currect characters have done a lot of crafting on Avlis and all that time would not be wasted with having to start over in Hala.

Signed,
Merom Runt
I'm curious as to what issues the crafting system has in carrying over the experience from one world to another. Is it a CoPaP thing that they are trying to resolve?
Syclya
Minor DM

Post by Syclya »

*raises hand*

Interested
Drakuul
Veteran DM

Post by Drakuul »

The system is currently under tests - it's basically a custom skin that will tell the next server what your crafting xp is - not sure yet how it will be done for characters with a custom skin already.
I think, therefore I am right. QED.
Blaatmeister
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Blaatmeister »

I think that chars who allready have a custom skin can get variables added to the existing one.
[Random supposedly funny line of text that causes your intestines to implode.]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TapijtGeit/?chartstyle=basicrt10][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basicrt10/recenttracks/3/TapijtGeit.gif[/img][/url]
Khaelindra

Post by Khaelindra »

Malifax wrote:Thanks Drak... I know I for one would like to see it happen, and I'll be happy to do whatever I can. 2 million... man.. I'm going to be chopping a lot of wood! lol
Last time i asked, they already had 2.1 million. :D
Gary Gygax wrote:
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved.
SIlvermane

Post by SIlvermane »

Hi All,

First I have to say that I am very happy that ppl have taken an interest, special thanks to Mark and Drak=), as some of you know I have been helping with the craft hall idea for a while and I was holding the gold for the hall. And Khea is right
Khaelindra wrote:Last time i asked, they already had 2.1 million. :D
that was close as far I remember also. I was carrying 1.65 mil on me, and gave it to teleri about 4 days ago with the understanding that she was going to meet up with Mark (mark, I hope this is right) that night. But as most of you know teleri has quit Hala, so I am hoping to meet her in Alvis to get our gold returned to us. That assumes that all the ppl who donated still want their gold to go to the Crafting Hall. Anyone who does not Please contact me and I will arrange to have your gold returned to you.

I hope this update will help everyone invovled, keep your spirits up and it will work out... :D :D :D

Fiona
Last edited by SIlvermane on Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flakey

Post by Flakey »

Last edited by Flakey on Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
T'Holoth Shadowborn

:shock:
Last edited by T'Holoth Shadowborn on Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIlvermane

Post by SIlvermane »

Hello Fellow Crafters,

I am asking that all players who have in the past giving gold to the cause of creating a Crafting Hall in Hala, please PM me and let me know what there intentions are on continued support....

Any new donations will help get this moving towards a reality, those people can PM me and Ill meet with then happily....

Thank you for everyones donations now and in the future....

Fiona
Anniko

Post by Anniko »

SIlvermane wrote:But as most of you know teleri has quit Hala, so I am hoping to meet her in Alvis to get our gold returned to us. That assumes that all the ppl who donated still want their gold to go to the Crafting Hall. Anyone who does not Please contact me and I will arrange to have your gold returned to you.

I hope this update will help everyone invovled, keep your spirits up and it will work out... :D :D :D

Fiona
Sounds like she was scamming you all, donate all your money then she quits, pretty good plan if you ask me :P
Flakey

Post by Flakey »

Teleri is handing the money back as she finds people, she has not scammed any one.
Khaelindra

Post by Khaelindra »

If she really wants to, she should have no problem doing this within 48 hours. It's called private messages. How long has she been gone now?
Gary Gygax wrote:
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved.
Flakey

Post by Flakey »

Teleri arrived back a few hours ago from holiday, and has already returned the money to T'Holoth, Breanne, and Kay.
Flakey

Post by Flakey »

This forum is not titled "Rants" for a reason. If the team sees a rant or whine it will be deleted.
Last edited by Flakey on Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
SIlvermane

Post by SIlvermane »

Fellow Crafters,
Flakey wrote:Teleri arrived back a few hours ago from holiday, and has already returned the money to T'Holoth, Breanne, and Kay.
Flakey is right, teleri was on vaction and is returning the funds. Please do not rant here as flakey states in the above post.

My intentions are to find out what funds are left and whom and where they are coming from, I have gotten several PM's back and it looks pretty good so far.....I will post what we have when I have a total in hand, so we know what we will need to meet our goal.

Fiona
timb

Post by timb »

I think Anniko was joking. Lighten up everyone. :-)
Khaelindra

Post by Khaelindra »

:shock:

Aw...this is an OOC-thread...right... :lol: :lol:

Well, continuing OOC'ly then...

Glad things are being settled then. It would have been nice if Teleri had left a small notice telling us of being offline for a few weeks right after the rather confronting message about no more crafting hall, so we knew that the character's (and her funds) unavailability was due to OOC-reasons. Good to hear this has been resolved now. :)

Maybe a silly question but...
My intentions are to find out what funds are left and whom and where they are coming from
...Wouldn't this be answered IC'ly by how many characters would come to reclaim their funds? Basically what we have IG is one character having decided to not continue her enterprise towards the crafting hall (assuming she told someone relevant IC'ly for simplicity sake), and you take it from there. I'd say that IC'ly she's very wise to take her crafting to ELysia because Nagritch (or the entirety of Hala for that case) just is much too violent, eratic and subject to change to make for a good crafting environment, but if the remaining interested characters would like to continue the build and not too much funds are reclaimed, they should just go ahead.

As an aside, i will have a very nice building designed for me which is ready in 1-2 weeks that can easily be adapted to be also built here on Hala to accomodate crafters. It's the temple of Cha'reth, of which i had already intended to have a copy built on Hala as first real temple and symbol of our/Divinia's link to Avlis. It's already set up to accomodate a dozen private rooms and have each crafting device present once. A few extra crafting devices won't be too much of an additional cost, and as crafting is about the only peaceful activity to be found on this world, Divinia will be happy to accomodate the HCA as sponsor.
Gary Gygax wrote:
SIlvermane

Post by SIlvermane »

Fellow Crafters,

Just a quick note to say that the Crafting Hall for Hala is still in the works, nothing has changed. I am waiting to recieve a donation from one person and we should be able to start breaking ground on getting it built....YEAH!!!!

Thank you all for being understanding in all that is happening,

Fiona
T'Holoth Shadowborn

I would be willing to cover said persons donation if it will mean opening the doors to your guild sooner.