Hello folks

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

aquasoup
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Hello folks

Post by aquasoup »

General wave to everyone :) I Was thinking of bringing my avlis character over to visit for a while, how do I go about it or are the worlds not linked up at the moment?
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

The worlds haven't been linked since July of '05, and there's no ETA on when they will be linked again...if ever.

Start a new char, we'd love to have ya!

*cheers*

Jskee
aquasoup

Post by aquasoup »

ah thats a shame, lessens the whole CoPaP thing if none of the worlds link up anymore, I thought I'd be able to explore in lots of directions :(
Traces Of Reality
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Traces Of Reality »

Jskee wrote:Start a new char, we'd love to have ya!
...yup, best thing to do for now
[size=150][b]♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫[/b][/size]
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █
Min- - - - - - - - - - - -●Max
http://youtu.be/Bx95X4tVCqg
NWDuneAuron
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Did everyone miss the bit where we're linked to Arkaz and Hades, who are linked to Greyhawk and have other links on the way...?
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

Not me.

Aquasoup, Hala is linked to Avlis through..err some portals.>.>

However I shall toorrtture you now by saying FOIG!
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Avlis are spoilsports! Their poor players miss out on all the world-hopping fun.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Cat
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Cat »

upholstery_imp wrote:Not me.

as far i know is not, it was only a test portal for one of the beta servers... and if you mean that one portal named "portal to tairis", it is not active. i have tried it out, just responds something like "failed finding Tairis" even if server is up.

But yeah the new worlds are fully linked among eachother. ^^ thats cool.
want to graveyard asben ? ;)
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

Cat wrote:

as far i know is not, it was only a test portal for one of the beta servers... and if you mean that one portal named "portal to tairis", it is not active. i have tried it out, just responds something like "failed finding Tairis" even if server is up.

No that's not the one I mean. I just tested the Avlis<->Tairis portal myself today and it worked.
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
albonia

Post by albonia »

Zombie wrote:Avlis are spoilsports! Their poor players miss out on all the world-hopping fun.
It seems Avlis policy is what we have we keep as regards players. The portal to Avlis was closed and no proper reason given. And dispite talks of linking to other worlds Avlis do not seem to be in any great rush to link again.
Cat
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Cat »

upholstery_imp wrote:
Cat wrote:

No that's not the one I mean. I just tested the Avlis<->Tairis portal myself today and it worked.
That portal worked always, Tairis is ~almost~ Avlis.
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Would you mind just using the one account to post? =p.
Last edited by NWDuneAuron on Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cat
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Cat »

i have multiple personality ^^
Final Shinryuu
Newb of the Year: First Place

Post by Final Shinryuu »

Guys, speculate all you want to about the portals. That doesn't change the fact that you're wrong about half of them. ^^
So, don't dis the system, I'm working to get all of CoPaP linked up again. And it should be happening soon. Avlis has nothing against linking with other worlds, there's no super secret agenda to destroy CoPaP, and lots of things are in the works. So, just be patient and see what happens in the coming months.
*hides* No secrets for you!
Last edited by Final Shinryuu on Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

Final Shinryuu wrote:Guys, speculate all you want to about the portals. That doesn't change the fact that you're wrong about half of them. ^^
So, don't dis the system, I'm working to get all of CoPaP linked up again. And it should be happening soon.
*hides* No secrets for you!
God you are such a miserable know it all at times....
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Final Shinryuu wrote:I'm working to get all of CoPaP linked up again
Wow! All by yourself? Thats impressive.
Final Shinryuu

Post by Final Shinryuu »

silverdragonams wrote:
Final Shinryuu wrote:I'm working to get all of CoPaP linked up again
Wow! All by yourself? Thats impressive.
Thank you, Dragon. I try.
I was trying to reassure everyone that more links are in the works, but if all that I'm going to get is sarcasm, I'll just stop trying. Sorry.
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Or you could just give credit where credit is due. There's a great big long list of people who are working their asses off to get CoPaP linked. You are not doing this on your own, therefore saying "I'm working to get all of CoPaP linked up again" is quite insulting to all the people who are working as a team.
Final Shinryuu

Post by Final Shinryuu »

I'm sorry, Dragon, but it wasn't my intention to make it seem that I meant that. I don't know what additional links Arkon or the Hala team is planning, just the batch of ones I am working on myself at the moment. I'm sure there are plenty of others coming up, too, but I was specifically refering to my linking plans for Hades.
Serenyddion, talking about Upholstery_Imp and myself:
"Wow, it's like the insanity of both of you somehow refracts off the other and is magnified in the process."
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

upholstery_imp wrote:Aquasoup, Hala is linked to Avlis through..err some portals.>.>
Currently there is NO WAY to get from Hala to Avlis. Please, only state the facts. What are all the Hades dm's drinking? Please share....
Final Shinryuu

Post by Final Shinryuu »

Portal information can't be given out OOCly.
The facts are FOIG.
Themicles and others are taking a hard stance on portal metagaming now, after a big rash of it earlier.
What I will say is that there are many more links in progress, and to be patient.
aquasoup

Post by aquasoup »

please don't take this the wrong way, but whilst FOIG is an admirable idea, I'd contend it's only really viable when there are always people IG to FO from, otherwise forums are needed to pickup the slack because NPC's IG cannot intelligently answer enquiriess as they realistically should be able to. Obviously I don't expect my opinion to change how you deal with things, but I wanted to make the point anyway.
Last edited by aquasoup on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

Final Shinryuu wrote:Portal information can't be given out OOCly.
The facts are FOIG.
Themicles and others are taking a hard stance on portal metagaming now, after a big rash of it earlier.
What I will say is that there are many more links in progress, and to be patient.
Ok, I deleted my last response because it was too negative.

Where a portal resides in a particular world is FOIG. (Find out in Game)

IF two worlds are linked, it is NOT FOIG, it's ooc knowledge that is freely shared. That's the whole point of CoPaP. When you go to their homepage it has a list of LINKED WORLDS....or is this now hidden?

http://www.copap.org/
slave_of_emotions
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by slave_of_emotions »

Final Shinryuu wrote: Themicles and others are taking a hard stance on portal metagaming now, after a big rash of it earlier.
The reason for it was that a general opinion among players is that avlis and tairis dont want any portals, not wanting to risk lossing players to other worlds, and dont give any informations related to it ingame. Especialy that orleron was posting for 5 months that COPAP is fully linked, not making any differences between, link in progress, test portals, or working live accesable links. No wonder that at some point palyers had enought to wait for any signs ingame and started to look after them.
You harvest what you seed.
And whats so metagaming to look for a portal to other world ? I thought exploring was part of adventuring. If there was no real portal then they could not metagame its location, all that remains is character looking for those. The idea and knowledge that there are other worlds and its possible to travel between those is no revolution and its especialy normal that character that were used to travel between worlds look for those portals.
[url=http://www.dynasig.net/?id=2052][img]http://serve.dynasig.net/2052.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://photobucket.com/albums/a296/6_loverboy_9/NWN/]screenshots[/url][url=http://slaveofemotions.sl.funpic.de/mx/index.php?page=4&smartor_mode=album_cat&cat_id=1]and more[/url]
Fredegar
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Chimes

Post by Fredegar »

Personally, I am unaware of a live connection from Avlis to Hala, in any form. I am aware of connections awaiting the ending of plots that would link up Avlis to Hala, in some fashion.

Plots, can of course, take a variety of twists and/or never come to fruitation. As to the approximate location of portals, tavern posts popping up about where said portal is, etc.. That should all be done IG. As to when a connection goes 'live'.. That should be done out of game and listed with updates or somesuch, a thing some worlds do do.

It is always up to the players themselves to decide if metagaming occurs. If 'Now Linked to Baator' is listed in an update and suddenly ten IC posts are popping up with people asking about how/where/what baator is. Who the fiends are, what they eat, etc.. That is a bad thing and shouldn't be done, but it does happen with the best of em.