Farewells

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Odin Hammersong
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Farewells

Post by Odin Hammersong »

The time has come for me to move on, folks. I can't begin to explain how much fun I've had here. So let me give a quick rundown of my time.

When I came into CoPaP and created Wyland Dandafar on the Moonsea server in early 2003, I really didn't know what to expect. I ran around Moonsea and had a blast, meeting people from Avlis and Rockhome and Hala. The first PC I ever met in CoPaP was Tyrius Rune, some here will know of that name. After going through a couple plots on Moonsea, Wyland found the portal to Rockhome. Over time the Moonsea server became defunct and eventually shut down. Wyland explored the world of Rockhome, made it his new "home", and ultimately met several folks whom most of you may know: Calandra, Lir'ana, Niko Waynn, and many others(forgive me for not mentioning you all).

Many a good time was had on Rockhome, and many good IC relationships formed. Rockhome was cool and all, but there was some serious DM presence missing, and plots were hard to come by. Over time, Wyland found the portal to Hala along with Cal and Lir. The girls got pulled into the infamous Hala Blood War due to their alignment while the young(yes, he was young at one point) Wyland was left behind due to his not so evil mentality. A few RL months went by and Wyland ran around mostly alone and missing his friends.

He tested the waters in the strange world they called Hala, and was simply astounded. First, every single PC he met seemed to have years of history behind them; the depth of the characters just amazed me. Second, the storylines going on were incredible and scary and altogether jaw-dropping. I was very intimidated by it as a player, thinking I just didn't have the RP skills to hang with these folks. I mean there was monstrous RPing going on with major politics and intrigue and wow! Yeah it blew my mind for a bit.

Eventually, I said f*ck it, and Wyland jumped through the portal to Hala...for better or worse.

Turns out it was for the better, and how! Wyland steps out of the portal into the famous New Havens....on fire! the whole place was burning! First person he sees is Sarakin Fyne, the beautiful and talented sorceress. She welcomes him to the world and then saves his life from some wicked demon. Nice intro to Hala, heh.

So I hang out on the forums for a few months, and just read, listen to folks, and get the general vibe of the place. Very in depth RP, very detailed storylines. Just the place to be for a RP focused fella like me. But still very intimidating to "break into", so to speak. Eventually I find Wyland wrapped up in the Demon Army with Cal and Lir, with the infamous Grimm leading. What a time THAT was.

Over time, I realized what I really wanted out of my experience with CoPaP: I wanted to leave a permanent mark on the world I play in. So I really got into Wyland' personality and who he was, and what he was after. I made IC posts, and RP'd my ass off. Eventually DM Micah decided I was worth the time and got me going on a storyline: He took away Wyland's spells! LOL. This was in May or June of 2005?, and it was simply a rollercoaster. Everytime I logged in, it was a "RP your ass off or die trying" situation. It really made Wyland grow as a character, which is what I was after. FOUR months this goes on, and by September I am seriously at my wit's end, as is Wyland.

Finally, rumor hears of a "new berg". Well, Micah built the the Infinite Staircase and Rockgate. And Wyland (and Niko) got to discover it first, along with Shaundakul making an appearance and "granting" Wyland his spells back. Not to mention the Rider named Wyland his Chosen (The Hand of the Rider). Along with that, Wyland had the Shrine of Shaundakul built and his home alongside it.

It really was a mind blowing experience as a player. I never dreamed I could make that sort of permanent mark on a world and get that sort of attention. Let it be said right now that I was spoiled as hell, and I think they made some sort of rule against that sort of treatment after that, right Arkon? ;)

In the time after I got to see some fantastic RP and DMing by all sorts of people and I give you all props for it. Plots abound, intruige left and right. You name it, Hala likely had it. What a trip it's been. :)

Alright enough rambling. That's the condensed story of Wyland Dandafar and his time in Hala and CoPaP. I sincerely thank everyone who I've ever RP'd with (or for) and wish you nothing but the best. The DM's here work their butts off to make it the best experience for everyone, and if you question their methods, just have faith they are doing what's best for the world. I'm not even going to start naming names of who to thank and such, since I can't remember half of them anyway.

Let's just finish with something the old man would say: "Safe travels to you! May the winds be at your back and the path before you clear."

Take care Hala,

--Odin Hammersong
"All tryin' to do as we should, but that doesn't always rhyme with doin' what feels good"

[quote="micah ormane"]I'm dedicated? I just take your spells away then abandon you!

Muah ha ha! RP that, bitch![/quote]
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

You will be missed. :cry:
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
corwink
Wiki Pioneer

Post by corwink »

And I was just getting to know Wyland :(
You will be missed very much.
Gone
darkserra
Craftmaster

Post by darkserra »

Fare Well Wyland,

You will be missed.

Fair Winds in your travels.
-- [i]People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.[/i]
George Orwell
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

Shane! Come back Shane! *Snif* :(
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Dengar
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Dengar »

We will all miss you man! =) from Dengar, to Amash!
Last Chancellor
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Last Chancellor »

Aww...

I'll miss you, Odin. I had a lot of fun in the limited time I got to RP with you. Liera and Wyland made quite a pair- drink besotten priests. ;-) It was a lot of fun and I've got to say you helped in the development of Liera's fun loving side.

To echo the refrain that revereberates in this topic: You will be missed.

*waves*

~Chancellor
I joined CoPaP and all I got was this lousy signature.
charlierazor
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by charlierazor »

You are definetly going to be missed man. Damn......

Charlie
Days Awake
Resident DM Griefer

Post by Days Awake »

:(
Sex is like a box of chocolates, sometimes your fingers get sticky! >=) -

Jskee:Jeezus, you're cuddly as a porcupine sometimes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcBc9iwPN50&feature=related
Asbendale
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Asbendale »

I dont like that your leaving one bit. Be safe Odin and have fun in what ever world you will go play in, be safe man.

Asbendale Silverblade
Coco1
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Coco1 »

:shock: This comes like a HUGE supprise.

Im very sorry that you leave us - you have been given Dala quite a few experiences. It has always been fun hanging with you, but i guess, everything as an ending sooner or later.
I hope deep in my heart that you know, what a great player you have been and how much you will be missed....its A LOT.

Take care Odin.

Dala Blake :)
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Odin Hammersong wrote:Over time, I realized what I really wanted out of my experience with CoPaP: I wanted to leave a permanent mark on the world I play in
The posts above show that you certainly achieved this. There are very few who don't know the name Wyland Dandafar and even fewer that could say he didn't have a positive influence on their gaming enjoyment.

You will be missed but you know the door's always open, be it for Wyland or maybe someone new.

But.. whether you ever play on Hala again or not, take care and don't be a stranger :)
Idonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Idonia »

Nooooo! :( I'm not very good at goodbyes... I don't have anything uplifting to say, but, good luck! And I hope you make a big impression in real life as well. :) The good kind, dear. :)
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
Redda
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Redda »

one moment of sad silence, she lowers her head to pause and reflect a wee while then lifts her chin and in her soft quiet voice she adds, hoping to be heard above to the crowd around Him.

Redda had only just come to know You, Sir, and she will regret not knowing You better now.

May she wish that the winds always be to Your back

and with a sad smile ...and may ye be deid half-an-hour before the de'il knows it!

respecfully,
Redda
obburner

Post by obburner »

*sniffles* Wyland ... you have affected the entire world of Hala... Your RPing was always entertaining and your character well built .. I as a player feel you were like a "father" of my RP skills today. I wish you the best of luck in your adventures in the RL and any other server you play on. Without overstepping my bounds i want to say thank you on behalf of everyone in Hala thank you Wyland.. You will be missed greatly :( But never forgotten...
Lets give it up for Wyland...
Hip hip Hooray !
Hip Hip Hooray !
Hip Hip Hooray !
(Perform check = 0 + 5=5 )
*sings horridly making dogs and cats nearby bark and meow*
For hes a jolly good fellow for hes a jolly good fellow ...
Good bye Wyland (odin hammersong) you will be missed
*raises a mug of beer for you *
Grimm
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Grimm »

When I think of Odin... I think of someone with great integrity... Someone that makes you want to be the best RP'r you can be because you know he notices.
Noticing other people is probably one of the greatest characteristics of an exceptional RP'r and Odin isnt anything but that.
It feels like our time playing together has been short, (over a year) but perhaps the good bye is just so abrupt. It makes me wish I had been around more and not taken so many breaks. Im going to miss playing with you and hope that everything goes well for you in the future.

Take care, and as previously stated dont be a stranger.
-Sam
princessofjustice
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by princessofjustice »

Awes!!!*cries* Im a miss you Odin!!!!!!! you were a good person to talk to when i had issues.. you will be missed greatly

Shannon
Earill
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Earill »

:( well, this kinda sucks, just when i meet some old guy with a cool beard he leaves=/ oh well, It was great playing with you for the short time Odin and You really gave my char a great start here. You were really friendly and helpful with my Qs and I really appreciate that.

Llew
kazlaan

Post by kazlaan »

*grins*

Thanks for helping my PC in his first steps here.....

hope to see you soon.... somewhere.... sometime :D
T'Holoth Shadowborn

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

I'm sorry to see you leave my friend but I'm glad it's on a good note!

Your character made an obvious impact on both a lot of characters AND the players behind them. I'm still adamint (sp?) that I couldn't have pulled off RPing a priest who lost his faith and couldn't cast spells. Awesome stuff. Thats a big disadvantage to put on yourself and in my opinion a perfect example of roleplaying. You put your characters concept before exp, gold and power.

Whether you choose to retire your character for good or hide him out for a while I hope you as a player still visit the board and contribute OOCly because lets face it, with the amount of chatting and interaction done OOCly it's imposible not to form friendships.

Cheers

Grant
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

YAY HE'S GONE!!!!

I mean... umm.. HEY! HE'S GONE?!?

WTF... FTW... you can't leave... I'm not done griefing you for the spoiling you received so long ago...

Seriously though.. it's been good having you around and I'm sorry to see you go. You've been a good addition to Hala and have grown a lot as an RPer and Player in the time you've been here. You'll be sorely missed.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
albonia

Post by albonia »

Best wishes go with you. Come back and see us now and then :)
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
micah ormane

Post by micah ormane »

Damn you! How am I supposed to repossess all that phat lewt if you leave right as I return?

Take care man, you have been as much fun to watch grow as a player and character as I bet you had playing your character yourself. Working with you was a truly memorable experience. I have one piece of wisdom for you as you depart: Don't forget your lube!
Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Druid523 »

I wish you all the best, sir. You were one of the first players I encountered on Hala, and Wyland has been one of my favorite characters. We weren't terribly close, but I will honestly miss you very much. Take care!

-Andrew
"The ways in which they are different are maybe more visible but less important than the ways in which they are alike." -Rudiki about Alexis and Sceluscio

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Sceluscio_Potementia]Scel's Wiki Entry[/url]
stormgrim

Post by stormgrim »

Ah yes, I will never forget my first night on Hala..

Sorry to see you go, Wyland. After a rough start, you were actually starting to grow on Randolph.

Safe travels and good luck to you.
Stormgrim

Humble To The Humble
Inflexible To The Arrogant