Posting things...

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

NWDuneAuron
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Posting things...

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Currently there seems to be a trend for posting things that either didn't happen, need DM supervision to have happened, or need fullon DM interaction to have happened. If you've posted something of this nature, you might notice it doesn't exist anymore. Please don't do it again.

Oh, and, um. Happy christmas!
Drakuul
Veteran DM

Post by Drakuul »

*Cheers for rules and wields a spiky stick covered in boric acid*
I think, therefore I am right. QED.
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

I also notice people speaking OOC in IC postings, some because they are too lazy to make another OOC post. Isn't OOC in IC posts frowned upon and/or against the rules? Not to mention that it's super lame.

*dodges the spiky stick covered in boric acid and shoots a blow dart at Drakuul covered in hyrdro-fluoric acid*
Trinity
Veteran DM

Post by Trinity »

Yes it is and is metagamming posts.....please make sure your postings are suitable for the threads please.
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Ok, something that requires DM intervention must be anything that requires a response from an NPC or has a visible effect that cannot be reproduced by the mechanics available, right? The thing to do is to post your actions and wait for a DM to post the NPC's reaction or visible effect, right?

A metagaming post must be if you take knowledge not available IC and apply it IC...

But what d'you mean by speaking OOC in an IC post? May I have an example?
NWDuneAuron
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Akai wrote:Ok, something that requires DM intervention must be anything that requires a response from an NPC or has a visible effect that cannot be reproduced by the mechanics available, right? The thing to do is to post your actions and wait for a DM to post the NPC's reaction or visible effect, right?
No, you contact a DM and arrange a time to do it IG, or corner a DM with spare time online.
A metagaming post must be if you take knowledge not available IC and apply it IC...
Yes. Floaty names of PCs is one example.
But what d'you mean by speaking OOC in an IC post? May I have an example?
Making entirely, or mostly OOC posts in an IC thread isn't strictly kosher. Giving an OOC post some IC content just to bypass this doesn't make it right, either. OOC comments should be at a complete minimum in IC threads and forums.
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

Akai wrote:...But what d'you mean by speaking OOC in an IC post? May I have an example?
Example:

*Niko saunters into the Starlight Inn and goes upstairs to his room for a long nap*

((OOC: DUDES, I DON'T KNOW WHEN NIKO WILL BE BACK 'CAUSE I'M HEADING OVER TO MARK SHOUTEN'S PLACE TO MAKE BISCUITS AND GRAVY, THEN I'M OFF TO ARKON'S TO DELIVER HIS CUSTOM FIT MAN-BRA AND FINALLY I'M STAYING OVER AT DARK SERRA'S FOR A WEEK WHILE HE GETS HIS ADAM'S APPLE REMOVED SO HE CAN "BLEND IN" BETTER! WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!))

/example