Just a reminder

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Meredia
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Just a reminder

Post by Meredia »

A little common courtesy doesn't kill you. Maybe your character on an IC level wouldn't do such things, but when you go to the mine, consider what you're doing. When you mine ALL the silver and gold, and leave none for anyone else, this is terribly inconsiderate. When you come in and there are lower-level people in the mines, you're going to get them killed just by virtue of walking around. Maybe your character doesn't mind if some people get killed by monsters, but on an OOC level, it is HIDEOUSLY frustrating. My last FOUR mining trips have been ruined because high-level characters have come in while I was mining where I can get to without them there and then I get gang-attacked by BATTLE DEVOURERS. It costs 1,000 coin per trip to Hangate with a pack beetle, an endeavor which I already gain zero back for in return just trying to get my skill up enough so I can make *thread*.

So for the love of all that is HOLY, PLEASE consider other people when you go into the mines!
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

If you're a solo high level on the road to Hangate, and you see a party of low levels with pack beetles on the road...
Granted, IC you're evil and would kick them out of your way....
But OOC, consider sending them a tell and asking if they're on their way to mine... consider asking for a tell when they're done with the mine, and having your high-level have a sudden whim to do something else for the meantime.
Getting nearly killed and run out of the mine can be awfully frustrating when it happens on a recurring basis, and yes, the expense is considerable for those PC's who have no wealth to speak of.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

I'll make a couple of quick statements regarding this...

#1. Clean up your spawns... if you do this, then lower levels won't have to deal with them.

#2. Low levels... A higher level character isn't always going to know you are in the mines when they get there. It is NOT realistic for anyone to ask anyone else to send tells to everyone in the server asking them if they are mining.

#3. If you get someone killed VIA your spawns... be willing to spend the 2k to use a raise dead on them even if it's OOC. (Not an order, just a kindness)

#4. There are places scattered throughout the server where you can get crafting things such as ore. If one area is out, go find another area. We have a fairly large number of people who come and play on this server, so it may not be just one person cleaning an area out, but then again it might be. Who knows. Telling someone they shouldn't mine all they are capable of mining is NOT cool in my book. As you get up into the higher crafting levels you require more ingrediants to make your items.

#5. Low levels, keep in mind where you are. If you are in an area where high level creatures can spawn, It would behoove you to take some protection, either in the form of a higher level character, or some Invisibility potions. You never know who may end up wandering into the area and it's not their fault if they wander into the mines not knowing you are there and you get smoked.

#6. I will reverse your own statement back to you. Consider other people when you enter the mines low levels. If a high level is there.. it may be a good idea for you to stay out if you don't want to chance running into a battle devourer. They are not required to leave the area just because a low level showed up and to be honest, it's not a first come first serve deal either.

On the server, as much as in real life the law of Nature rules. The strongest survive. While it may be frustrating to you to have to leave the mines everytime a higher level comes into the area... consider yourself fortunate that a high level character hasn't decided they own the mines and put out an I'll kill you if you enter order on them like I've heard some groups have done in Avlis.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Trinity
Veteran DM

Post by Trinity »

Meredia,I fail to see your complaint,I was there this morning when Chert came through the mines,matter of fact I drove her from the ruins to the mines with certain Stingers.
She didnt know you were there,and yes as she may have spawned devourers but she quickly cleaned them up and went right after the ones that went after you,then proceeded to buff Jal and her pack bug in which you responded as Jal.."I can take care of myself"...then quickly responded ooc that you just reached 100 in your skill.
Granted this is just one episode you speak of but making others skeptical that are higher levels to go through the mines will not happen.
Now if this happens by the same player/pc to you and you are certain they are doing it to greif you then please make the team aware.But be asured this was not the case if this is what you are referring to.
Last edited by Trinity on Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

What Arkon said +1.

Also, remember there are people watching, even when you think they may not be.

And if this thread degenerates into ranting I will lock and delete any and all offending posts.
Meredia

Post by Meredia »

It wasn't her I was complaining about. She was every bit courteous regarding this. It wasn't her I was referring to, but rather another incident where another play and I lost both our pack animals and quite nearly our lives when a high level came in, and kept on moving around and causing things to spawn on us even well aware that we were in there.

Either way, I was more than a little angry and ranty when I wrote that, so I'd like to apologize. I just find it very frustrating to lose a thousand a pop over nothing because someone else came in, or come upon a field of battle devourerers even with no one else is there.
Last edited by Meredia on Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trinity
Veteran DM

Post by Trinity »

Then please notify the team of this.
Chemical-Burn
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Chemical-Burn »

Well Nikki went there last night looking for the 'people that went mining' since she was so bored. I dont even oocly know the mines that well to begin to look so the most i saw was Vrok leaving it and then Nikki killed what i saw of my devourer spawns and ended up in the ruins place picking on the winning stinger folk *shrugs* didnt see any of you three there so im sure there must have been other places to go that i didnt visit.

So if it was me im sorry, but i never saw you three around so im unsure.
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

Chemical-Burn wrote:So if it was me im sorry, but i never saw you three around so im unsure.
There inlies the problem with bitching about spawns. Many times you spawn creatures that you never see. For instance in the Ruins, sometimes right before you transition to another area, a large group spawns well behind you. If you stayed IC, you wouldn't even know they were there. However, this thread is suggesting that you don't transition, but turn around and go kill them. Heh. When I play Niko, I like to be as fully immersed as possible and running around looking for every possible creature that he may have spawned is not IC nor fun. Low level players have to take some responsibility as well. Take invisibility potions and use them. It's very unrealistic thinking that as a low level player that there will not be things roaming around in the world you're in that can pwn you easily. Why wouldn't those devourers be walking about in the mines randomly? Your character knows that they inhabit the mines, so why would they not be prepared to flee or fight if they showed up again?

I understand it's not fun losing your pack animal. I understand it's not fun getting pwnd by other characters spawns. However, you're placing the burden on the high level players alone when it should be a shared burden to begin with. Just my .02. Good luck to you.

J
BPanther

Post by BPanther »

when i was in hala first time i got nuked about evry second map when i was exploring. adventuring is dangerous.
i still know my own spawns can kill me pretty fast on some areas and somedays even familiar places some monsters made a good reserve of hitting power.

that is why i alvays carry one or two invis potion, they are adventurers number 1 item to carry.
<@HumbugCause> Lir's in and out more than a red light girl's regular :P
<@CoffeeDragon> Sorry Lir, I traded you to Zombie this morning for 2 cookies and a collectible digipokimonster card.
ChukchiDog
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by ChukchiDog »

It wasn't you, Nikki, so don't feel bad.
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Also, there are far safer places on Hala and Ysgard to mine silver and gold if you plan on bringing a pack animal with you. My pack animals died all the time in Hangate, even when I was strong enough to defend myself against the spawns.

I took all the money I was spending on pack animals and invested in some magic bags and a few choice items to increase my carying capacity.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Fredegar
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Fredegar »

I may be wrong, but I don't believe ore respawns so the longer the server is up the more chance of resources becoming depleted.

Another thing with spawns, keep in mind that not everyone can kill what they spawn. Antara can't kill the stingers without resorting to cheesy tactics, she could barely handle the lizard folk before that. Two levels ago Antara could not kill devourers without a five minute fight per creature, and she has been spawning four devourers for about six levels now. By the time the last fell they'd respawn...

Hangate is an unsafe place to mine, as others have said some are easier to mine but farther out of the way. Perhaps Hangate can be prodded into establishing a larger militia to keep the mines a bit safer for all.

Of course that means the stranglehold by the White Star organization would need dealing with. :wink:

All in all, courtesy and respect is a good thing to keep in mind when wandering around!
Chemical-Burn

Post by Chemical-Burn »

Maybe its someones secret plot to keep the vixen Jala out of the mines and somewhere like Mithro so she can be tied down (in a good way this time) :wink:
Lord Droke
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Lord Droke »

Mining team brings pack animals into monster filled mine and complains when animals are eaten and lives are endangered.......news at eleven
"Professional assasination is the highest form of public service" - Chiun, Master of Sinanju
ChukchiDog

Post by ChukchiDog »

Chemical-Burn wrote:Maybe its someones secret plot to keep the vixen Jala out of the mines and somewhere like Mithro so she can be tied down (in a good way this time) :wink:
Get in line. :D
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

ChukchiDog wrote:
Chemical-Burn wrote:Maybe its someones secret plot to keep the vixen Jala out of the mines and somewhere like Mithro so she can be tied down (in a good way this time) :wink:
Get in line. :D
*throws up a little bit in his mouth* :!:
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

If mining becomes too easy it will quickly be taken advantage of.

I hate getting killed by crazy spawns just as much as the next guy but talk to a player whos character can wade through everything with easy. Game starts to loose it's challange and appeal.

Thats when people start to get political and cause shit ;)
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Final Shinryuu
Newb of the Year: First Place

Post by Final Shinryuu »

*waves a little flower*
Why can't we all just get along?
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

Final Shinryuu wrote:*waves a little flower*
Why can't we all just get along?
Because some people only view things from their eyes and not from a global perspective. Egocentric is the word.
Meredia

Post by Meredia »

What, like the last time wasn't a good one? :D
Chemical-Burn

Post by Chemical-Burn »

Yeah but the last time the only ones that got to have fun with Jala was the DM's and they are freaky enouph to want her as a Drider. Now that Jala is back to 2 legs its the PC's turn!
ChukchiDog

Post by ChukchiDog »

2 legs good. 8 legs baaad!