Dungeons and Dragons is Evil!

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

ApproachingWinter
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Dungeons and Dragons is Evil!

Post by ApproachingWinter »

Not sure if anyone has ever seen this very old Christian tract against DnD but it still makes me snicker every time I read it.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.asp
“Divine being creates petting zoo. It gets out of hand.”
- The Bible (summarised by John W. Mangrum)

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
Edgar Allan Poe (1809 - 1849), "Eleonora"

Characters: Kal Shadowhand, Streea Arisa.
Chemical-Burn
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Chemical-Burn »

read? READ?! if its not a vid or at least lots of pictures (think comic book) then im not going through the torture!
Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Druid523 »

Chemical-Burn wrote:(think comic book)
It is a comic! :wink:

It's kinda sad that some religious peoples cling to unique cases such as that illustrated in the comic. I'm sure that the illustrated story is based on a true story, but I sincerely doubt that there has been a significant number of people who have taken this game (or any game) that far. If there have been, those people were probably mentally ill beforehand.
"The ways in which they are different are maybe more visible but less important than the ways in which they are alike." -Rudiki about Alexis and Sceluscio

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Sceluscio_Potementia]Scel's Wiki Entry[/url]
nwmtrigger
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by nwmtrigger »

There is lots of pictures.
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

Oh how I love religion :)

That comic was hard to read through, basically what I got from it was that playing dungeons and dragons caused a girl to join a witches or whatever their called AND hang hr self? She hung herself because she felt it was her fault her character died?

crazyness
Thank you extremists for considering mankind so stupid. OH please save us.
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Dengar
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Dengar »

That was pretty lame. :shock:

No Tholoth her friend hung her self.

Better luck next time Jesus :twisted:
Why do they call him Boris the bullet dodger?

Because he dodges bulltes Avi!
Odin Hammersong
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Odin Hammersong »

Dengar wrote:Better luck next time Jesus :twisted:

ROFLMAO! Can I put that in my sig? :lol:

Jack Chick is famous for these cartoons, he's been doing it a long time. Most people think they are satirical, but unfortunately they are earnest and sincere in their message. True stories? No. Not necessarily. I would definetely consider them creative fiction. Many "chicklets" are passed out to the congregation at sunday service. There's a fire and brimstone chicklet for any situation you can think of.
Predictably, they all have a common ending.
"All tryin' to do as we should, but that doesn't always rhyme with doin' what feels good"

[quote="micah ormane"]I'm dedicated? I just take your spells away then abandon you!

Muah ha ha! RP that, bitch![/quote]
T'Holoth Shadowborn

Lets email him and see if he can do a chicklet about the EVILS of playing a drow character.

Drow whorship a WOMAN! You know how the church feels about women in power! And this HALA gang whorship false idols! NORSE mythology? Cavemen! Barbarians!

They even had players pretending to be ina demonarmy!

MAN that guy would go beserk over us, maybe we shouldnt get in his sights..
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

Jesus loves you all even if you mock him. I'll pray for your souls.

J
Odin Hammersong

Seriously though:

Black Leaf got SO PWNED! Haha n00b! Perma-deadified! I bet Dune did it.

Typical expression of a Hala DM during an event:
"All tryin' to do as we should, but that doesn't always rhyme with doin' what feels good"

[quote="micah ormane"]I'm dedicated? I just take your spells away then abandon you!

Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Either this thread stays on topic from here onwards or the whole thing goes.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Odin Hammersong

Right on time with the Word Police. :roll:

I emailed Jack Chick. He said there's a special kind of hell for us DnD types. It's the same hell that's populated by child molesters and people who talk at the theater. ;)

LadyPhoenix77
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Whats the use of have names if you lose all your friends. That's where I'm from.

Post by LadyPhoenix77 »

End it now.

You have something you want to say about the team, there is a little button at the bottom of my message that says PM. Use it.

If you guys want to stir up crap with this Jack Chick fellow, that's fine and dandy, if it comes back on Hala, I will NOT be a happy camper.

This is my FINAL warning.
Jskee
Dead man walking...

Post by Jskee »

LadyPhoenix77 wrote:End it now.

You have something you want to say about the team, there is a little button at the bottom of my message that says PM. Use it.

If you guys want to stir up crap with this Jack Chick fellow, that's fine and dandy, if it comes back on Hala, I will NOT be a happy camper.

This is my FINAL warning.
Wow.
Grimm

Post by Grimm »

I read the comic, yeah its funny I gues, I mean its pretty extreme. Who are we to make assumptions about Jack Chick, perhaps if you met him in person you wouldnt be laughing so hard. I was recently saved (in real life, not refering to Grimm) and my life has changed significantly. Is DnD evil or even fantasy for that matter, God gave us imaginations for a reason. I still enjoy playing RPG's with my friends in real life, but I really spend more time getting closer to God. If anyone wishes to mock me they are more then welcome to do so. I'm not here to preach to anyone, I just felt I should say something as the topic was brought up.

-Sam
T'Holoth Shadowborn

ALmost dying can really alter how you see stuff, I know exactly what you mean bro.

I've recently begun looking a lot into native american spirituality mixed with eastern stuff (fm aikido)

It's always hard defending your beliefs becauses its all too easy for someone to find an example of a nutbar wh has taken your beliefs to the extream.
Slogth
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Slogth »

I do find it humurous though that D&D is frowned upon like that and is said to be evil. I grew up in a christian family went to a christian grade school and highschool. The highschool was ran by the Christian Brothers and I actually had a conversation with one about D&D because I was reading it in school and to my suprise he thought it was great that I played it. In fact he told me that the Christian Brothers promoted children to play D&D to get them to use their imagination and keep them off the streets!
Mabus

Post by Mabus »

That's quite sad. :cry: :twisted:
"If you say you're going crazy then you must be perfectly sane for a lunatic never has doubts about his sanity."
T'Holoth Shadowborn

You find kids using their imagination and keeping off the streets sad?

Monster!
Mabus

Post by Mabus »

I am not a monster......I'M A HUMAN BEING!!! *suddenly see forked tongue briefly flicker out of his mouth*
"If you say you're going crazy then you must be perfectly sane for a lunatic never has doubts about his sanity."