Deleting Unused Characters

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Redda
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Deleting Unused Characters

Post by Redda »

Just a question...you know when you get to the screen "Choose Available Character"just before you log in.....

Is there a way to delete characters that you will never want or use again?
There is a button there that says "Delete Character" but it is always 'greyed out" and so does not have any effect.

I'd just like to tidy up, and....maybe free us some names that I used when messing about and created the wrong class/look/voice set etc.,
Last edited by Redda on Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deathshard
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Deathshard »

Yes im wondering the same... same reasons too...
Lord Droke
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Lord Droke »

I think the delete button is rendered unuseable to save the headache of the accidentally deleted chars. If you want some chars deleted I would imagine all you have to do is pm the team with the names of the bics you want removed.
"Professional assasination is the highest form of public service" - Chiun, Master of Sinanju
Dengar
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Dengar »

LordDroke is correct. :lol:
Why do they call him Boris the bullet dodger?

Because he dodges bulltes Avi!
Lir'ana

Post by Lir'ana »

LoL Team should add in a player usable bic deleter :) would probaly save them some time and hassel. until people start posting " I uh... accidently deleted my charcter......" I've seen this available on other servers in diffrent ways. I know the abyss has a special trash can in their OOC area that allows you to delete your bic. And I remember another server that actually allowed you a minimal access to your bic while not in game. You connected to their server and were able to do minor things to your bic like delete it or change your ig description/story couldn't touch anything else though, as I said minimal changes nothing was allowed past that I believe.
[b]"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."[/b] - [i]General MacArthur [/i]
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

The systems those abilities of description changing and bic deletion require more then just scripts, And as such why you don't see them as often. If I remember correctly, there is a conflict issue in implementing them currently
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
Starslayer_D

Post by Starslayer_D »

abyss404 had working versions of both in the penguin hut (afk lounge)
Trinity
Veteran DM

Post by Trinity »

Once we get our system working again it auto delete any unused pc's in a certain amout of days.So for now just deal with it.
Starslayer_D

Post by Starslayer_D »

Heh.. that would be bad.. I am reactivating people after at times year long pauses on a whim. eg. Legewiel.