oocly misplaced a shield, hoping someone's seen it.

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Gairus
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

oocly misplaced a shield, hoping someone's seen it.

Post by Gairus »

I seem to have managed to unintentionally drop or vendor my featherweight tower shield. I do so hate being encumbered @ 12 str and have no idea if such items still exist. Don't suppose anyone bumped into it before it got cleared off/reset or such? :c

Odds are i'm buggered but can't hurt to check :p
The joy of IRC.
<Tholotron_praying> I came back from fighting rightious warfare to see Aiq using TK to play with Doss's balls? :/
Final Shinryuu
Newb of the Year: First Place

Post by Final Shinryuu »

Here's a couple of common ways that I see people loose things.

First, not a bug, but you'd be surprised how many people do this: If you unequip something while your inventory is full, the item drops to the ground. Easy to loose things this way.

Second: If your shield is quickslotted, and kept inside a bag, it can vanish utterly on area transition. This seems more likely to happen to people with larger character .bic file size, caused by bloated inventories. This happens most often to shields, and I don't know why.

People have also reported shields vanishing on Avlis on area transition while their shield is equipped and they have a full inventory. (Usually after mining)
Not sure if any of these apply to you, but it's always good to know what to keep an eye out for.
albonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by albonia »

If you drop a shield or anything and then pick it up remember to save your character when you have get it back. I have actually had a shield drop because of an overloaded inventoryi then picked it up and fought with it.

But i then got the message dropped shield when i finally uploaded at a crafting table. And the shield vanished from my inventory.

Needless to say the shield was nowhere in sight
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Gairus

Post by Gairus »

(In this case i'm 90% sure I sold it in a bit of a vendor-frenzy, but sage words regardless :) )
The joy of IRC.
<Tholotron_praying> I came back from fighting rightious warfare to see Aiq using TK to play with Doss's balls? :/
whirlin_merlin

Post by whirlin_merlin »

FWIW, these items still exist so you can probably get a new one if you don't get the one you lost back.
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Post a message on the in character boards and someone is bound to either tell you where to get one or offer to get one for you.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Gairus

Post by Gairus »

Harassing people ingame is the obvious and planned next step, yes :)
The joy of IRC.