Beowulf

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Beowulf

Post by Tremayne7 »

Greetings all! Seamus and I just got back from a hot date to Beowulf in 3D. Neil Gaiman (Sandman comics and "Mirrormask") co wrote the script.

I want the soundtrack....

Ok, it was a fun flick and I recommend seeing it in 3D if you can find a showing of it in your area. I thought of you all and thought I'd recommend it if anyone wanted to see a flick soon.

Maybe I can get Seamus to post his impressions of it. (Beowulf was hot! And Lexy would have just melted! :wink: *Love you, Lexy kiss, kiss*)

Had good time and it was very entertaining.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Druid523 »

I dunno.......I had a hot date with Matt to see Beowulf and we both agree: not so great. Honestly, the CGI kinda ruined it. Just another man's opinion (or two men's opinions). :)
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

This makes me wonder what peoples favorite (and least favorite) films are. I'm notoriously picky myself. What do youse guys recommend?
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
JD Smith

Post by JD Smith »

Rudiki wrote:This makes me wonder what peoples favorite (and least favorite) films are. I'm notoriously picky myself. What do youse guys recommend?
CONAN the BARBARIAN
The Bridge on the Rive Kwai
(damn; this is embarassing ... but I can't think of the name of the movie while in brain freeze. Bogart and Hepburn in a boat traveling an African river during WWI ... )
The Queen of the Damned
HEAVY METAL

those were the top 5 currently

As far as least favorite - I guess I don't care enough about bad movies keep track of them.

Bad Movies the I like to see repeatedly :

The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?
Shiba_Ujimitsu
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Shiba_Ujimitsu »

Bogart and Hepburn were in African Queen.
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Favorite films of all time? Hummm. Ok, I am a notorious film fiend. I love movies so it's kind of hard to narrow the list. But if I had to pick my top favorite ones....

Star Wars: A New Hope (1977 Original Theatrical release version)
The Wizard of Oz
Singing in the Rain
Fifth Element
Peter Pan (1953 Disney version)
Pirates of the Caribbean
Beauty and the Beast (1991 Disney version)

Ok, I'm a girl. What can I say? And I still love Luke Skywalker (no, Han was ok) and Captain Jack Sparrow is my hero in Pirates (I'm giving you warning now, Rudiki *big grin* "But why is the rum gone?")

And yes, I'm crazy. :D

The 3D part of Beowulf was the entertaining part, but I do want the soundtrack (Aria was busy taking notes) which was really nice. The CGI part I can say would be distracting if I had been watching it as a regular movie. But as the 3D was kind of fun. I think Robert Zemeckus needs to get off the CGI movie kick and go back to making fun films again (Roger Rabbit and Back to the Future).

I tend to forget my least favorite films so I can't answer for me there.

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Save yourself the ticket prices and buy The 13th Warrior instead. Much, much better film.
Lir'ana
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Lir'ana »

Wow this is a tough one. Guess my question would have to be if this includes anime? :)

Favorite movies in no certain order:
Boondock Saints
Army of Darkness (Bruce campbell is the bomb)
Evil Dead 1 & 2
Fist of Legend
White Christmas (ROFL)
StarShip Troopers
Better off Dead
Alot of the historical epics like braveheart, the patriot ect....
Almost all the bond flicks

Anime:
Gantz
Beserk
Macross
Record of Lodoss War

This list goes on and on rofl. Between me and vilmi we have probaly close to over 1000 movies. Majority are Vilmi's lol

lets see my least favorite movies:
Manos The Hands of Fate ( Can only watch this when its shown on mystery science theater 3000)
Eye of the beholder
Muriels wedding
Last edited by Lir'ana on Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b]"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."[/b] - [i]General MacArthur [/i]
blue wolfy
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by blue wolfy »

I've said for years that they've ran out of movie ideas, most now and days are either remakes (though i admit some remakes are good) or they are the same old thing all over again.

I watch alot of Anime movie so on my favorite list unless you like them too wont make much sense.

Fifth Element (wife and i describe it as one of those movies that if you catch 5 mins of it something compels you to have to watch the rest of it)

A Wind Named Amesia (anime, dunno really why but this is by far always has and will be one of my favs.)

Vampire Hunter D (anime.. i LOVE the opening, watching her shoot the thing bout 20 time then it still kills her horse so she shoots it again til its vaporised, then a werewolf eats her horse, funny stuff)

Vampire Hunter D : Bloodlust (anime, awsome move even if you dont like animes, seriously, even my mother liked this)

My wife has her favs too as well as ones we enjoy together, and we have them on a small shelf set away from the others right at hand at the tv, included are

Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2 (wife's all time fav, shes dieing to see 3)
Ghost Ship
Thirteen Ghosts
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park 3
Final Destination 1-3

and...

Futurama Season one

movies we hated/huge letdowns

Jeepers Creepers, (seriouly even watchin it for free on cable your paying to much)
Open Water (wife sat there for an hour and ahalf wondering when the movie was gunna start, yeah its that slow)
Saw (i dunno i thought this was sorta okish, wife didnt like it so much she refuses to watch any sequals)
blue wolfy

Post by blue wolfy »

Lir'ana wrote:Wow this is a tough one. Guess my question would have to be if this includes anime? :)
It better lol
funny we posted bout anime almost the exact time.

ive collected anime since about '96 or so so i;ve alot i didnt have room to mention. I joke about having a collection ranging from

A-ko to Zeriam: the animation
and from
pokemon (pg-7ish) to Cool Devices (xxxxish)[yes it earned the extra x]
Drakuul
Veteran DM

Post by Drakuul »

historical epics like braveheart
Please never put the words "Braveheart" and "Historical" in the same sentence again... unless there's the words "not at all" in between them :)
I think, therefore I am right. QED.
JD Smith

Post by JD Smith »

D'OH

like I sad - brain freeze

And I even totally forgot

THE BREAKFAST CLUB
Lord Droke
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Lord Droke »

LOL. I don't have list. I worked at the largest DVD store in my area for years until it closed down. Got all my discs at cost, so I have like a thousand movies and anime's. Most of my personal favorites have been listed already.....as you could imagine though, I have many. Here is a couple I haven't seen.....

Battle Royale
((Japanese film, if you haven't seen it you should))

Versus
((Another Japanese film, Zombies, gore and Martial arts, need I say more))

Dragonslayer
((a disney classic, lol))

I don't want to leave a long post, so that is all I am going to mention.

On a side note however, I read at Robotech.com that Warner Brothers has baught the rights and we can expect to see a Robotech movie in 2010 (That's right in 2010 we get the true space odyssey ). For me this is both exciting and frightening.

And I won't even start with Anime, like Blue Wolfy, I have a hell of a lot, can't say I have any Pokemon though.....you got me there lol.
"Professional assasination is the highest form of public service" - Chiun, Master of Sinanju
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

If we're talking anime....

Fullmetal Alchemist -Ed and Al rock!
Cowboy Beebop - go Ed
.hack//sign - Tsukasa is my car license tags
Ghost in the Shell

And movies all the Studio Ghibli's. I love Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away and Whispers of the Heart. (I own most of them on DVD). Mad we won't get Earthsea until several years from now (stupid SciFi channel grumbles a lot)

I also own most all the Disney animated features on either DVD or VHS.

Oh, yeah how could I forget Fantasia (1940). That movie is so good even now.

Jenai

Post by Jenai »

Omg! roflmao! Lord droke when you said that you worked at a video store all I could see was clerks in my head *big hugs*.

Big scifi fan. Love all and everything starwars . I even collect the dolls. Got over a thosand dollars worth and some are real old.

well everything that begins wit the word star. I even love the b movies.

Favorite movie of all time..
Return of the Jedi
Lady Hawke
OMG.. Highlander the original and all the other movies.
Beast Master

Favorite tv show of all time. Stargate SG-1 I can watch the shows over and over again. almost have all the seasons.
Buffy
and Angel
Loved the way they made me laugh.

Favorite Anime. Got lots but best ever Robotech. Got everyone..
Voltron Got season 1
I even loved He-Man and J. I. Joe

Favorite pnp love all, got almost all White Wolf , love Rifts and Robotech
2nd and 3rd addintion D&D. Got Stargate, Starwars, and even Robert Jordans Wheel of Time.
So anyone ever comes to visit name your game we will play it.

Sorry I wrote so much but left a whole lot out.
:D
Quote:
Jenai even at near death is about as helpless as that kitten in Mithro. *Daemona*
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

"He-Man and the Maaaasters of the Universe!"

I loved that show. I got a collection of DVD of some of the episodes. They were such fun shows.

For table top/pnp games we have at our house:

Star Wars (both West End games and the basic rule book for the new one)
White Wolf (a good deal of the 2nd edition Vampires sourcebooks, almost all the Changeling books, and Mage and Werewolf)
Shadowrun (still play every Friday night with Seamus as DM)
D&D of course!
Arcanium
Lace and Steel (Lexy would feel right at home here)
Champions (Heros Systems)

Seamus when we first met owned a game store called the Gaming Guru. So yeah, we have a lot of games at our house.

So anytime you're going to be in our neighborhood, PM us and we'd love to have you over.

JD Smith

Post by JD Smith »

ARS MAGICA anyone?
T'Holoth Shadowborn

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

I just saw this last night.

Probably the 2nd worst move I've ever seen at a theater. (I can't even remember the 1st, i walked out)

I wanted to walk out of this one too but the person I was with felt it would be too embarassing to get up and leave.
*I* thought staying to watch i would be embarassing. I couldn't even bring myself to make eye contact with anyone else as we left.
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.