Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Wha....?
But... but... but....

Pepsi's the best! =D

As the company says up here "Aujourd'hui, c'est Pepsi." (literrally, "Today, it's Pepsi.") ;-)

I hardly ever remember my dreams, so I can't tell if I ever dreamed of the game itself. I do, however, sometimes have vivid scenes playing in my mind about some hypothetical situations.

I have had a few dreams involving some players, though. Like at a meet or something. Even if I have no idea what those players look like, in my dreams I knew who they were and who they played. Heh.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

I dreamed Lexy was investigating a city, and there was an anime-style scene of him bounding up the outside of a very tall building, ledge to ledge until he got to the top where he had to leap and catch the edge and swing up, and then I found out he was being chased by bad guys, and there was, on the roof of this building high above the city an exact replica scale model of the entire city, and there was only one room in it that wasn’t in the city, a disused nursery, and to get away from them he had to enter the scale model and hide there, and there was a cat, too, and I think the bad guys were looking for the cat and Lexy had to protect it, so Lexy followed the cat to the secret room, but the bad guys were coming...

...and then it sort of became a live game, and to represent the scale model of the city there was this huge warehous space that had been made into an antique mall, with all these little cubicles crowded with antiques, and I found my way through to a stairway that led upstairs, a wide straight stairway, and upstairs it looked like it had been a disused combination hospital/old peoples home/motel, and there was a hall with doors off it, and rooms, and the rooms got more and more filthy and disgusting the farther I went down the hall, with junk and dirty bedclothes and stuff piled up in them...

...so I went back the other way toward the stairs again and I heard the bad guys coming for me, so I ran into the nearest room, and it was a bathroom, and it had a tub, and it was directly across the hall from where the stairs came up, and I didn’t have time to shut the door, and I/Lexy looked in the tub and it was...not clean. Wasn’t as bad as the rest of the place, just dusty and dirty, and I/Lexy thought: “I have to lie down in *that*? But I did, and then I was thinking: Well this is silly; there’s no way they aren’t going to come right in and check the tub, but I knew it was alright because actually I had told the DM I was following the cat to the secret room and hiding there, I had just gotten lost, really.

And then the DM came up, and he was very nice. He was a huge black guy with short hair and he turned out to be a famous football (American football) player though I didn’t recognize him, I just knew he was one, and he said that was where we would break for this session, with Lexy hiding in the secret extra room of the scale model with the cat, and we’d pick up there next time, and I wouldn’t be able to play my character until this adventure was done, and that would be a month, month and a half, tops, and I thought “Dang!”, but I didn’t say anything. And one of the other players said that was okay, because the same thing was the best thing to happen to so-and-so, who was gaming too much and was saved by having to wait like this and while waiting found other RL things to do, and that was where I woke up. :)
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
ambrosia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by ambrosia »

Last night I dreamed that Lexy was sooo happy Scel had come to the poetry workshop he made out with an Illithid. Afterward they went to the fair and bought strawberry ice cream from Blue Wolfy's character "Bob" (the fairy chick with the really long floaty name) and had blue-fish-tacos.

Then the illithid wanted to go to Vegas to Get Married and when Alexis turned around to wave down a cab he got run over by Scel riding a pony.

(p.s. yes, it was confirmed I am very sick and am officially on antibiotics, so I happily blame this mess on you all and medication. :lol: )
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

o.O

*blinkblink*

O.o

So the meds just break down through your dream inhibitions and just let your imagination run wild?.... like it's not wild enough already?
sinn
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by sinn »

ambrosia wrote:Last night I dreamed that Lexy was sooo happy Scel had come to the poetry workshop he made out with an Illithid. Afterward they went to the fair and bought strawberry ice cream from Blue Wolfy's character "Bob" (the fairy chick with the really long floaty name) and had blue-fish-tacos.

Then the illithid wanted to go to Vegas to Get Married and when Alexis turned around to wave down a cab he got run over by Scel riding a pony.

(p.s. yes, it was confirmed I am very sick and am officially on antibiotics, so I happily blame this mess on you all and medication. :lol: )
does not sound like antibiotics.. sounds like LSD!
[i]"Zee cabbage does not run away from zee corn-beef."[/i]
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Ever since I've been playing fairly regularly these last few weeks, I've been having NWNightmares. Though they haven't been so much about IG stuff as the people who play.

The first one I dreamed Dune had become an EVIL OVERLORD and was out to get me, in real life. If you remember Dune, you probably know why. Who knows, maybe they really are. :?

The one I had last night was about LP77. No, he wasn't out to get me...at least not in that way. I like to think he and I are on good terms, but LP isn't one for small talk. At least not with me. So, when in my dream I get in game and LP starts sending me tells, chatting me up and getting way too friendly I get freaked out. I think my final reply before waking up was "Who the F* are you and how did you steal LP's account?"

Sorry LP
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
Jenai
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Jenai »

*Gigglefit*. Sorry I cannot help it! Having just got back IG myself I have found the times I actually get to play cathartic. :) sometimes it is nice to escape.
Quote:
Jenai even at near death is about as helpless as that kitten in Mithro. *Daemona*
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

*gigglefits*
Nice new light on LP... :D

I haven't dreamt (as in at night when I sleep) of the game in ages... but I get sorta "visions" in my head at times about stuff that could happen and such.

One recent one triggered an idea for a plot. Another recent one has given birth to a post (that is currently being written).

Not telling what.... yet! :P
Jenai

Post by Jenai »

So a week or two back I had a dream that I was Jenai and that dream reminded me of something that happened along time ago IG. It was one of Corwin and Jenai's first little DM events and it was about him becoming a Paladin. I had forgot all about it and the little boy Corwin saved. It was a blast and it was one of the first moments where I truly fell in love with the game.

Who was the DM??? I cannot remember the details but it was so much fun. Thank you!

The second also had a big impression on me. It was about the Maker. I do not remember details but I still have the item I was rewarded.

I have had a blast through out the years and with the help of the DM's and players I have fallen in love with the game.
Thank you!
Quote:
Jenai even at near death is about as helpless as that kitten in Mithro. *Daemona*
silverdragonams
Head DM

Who was the DM??? I cannot remember the details but it was so much fun. Thank you!
That was a joint effort between Psye and myself. Mostly Psye I think :)
Characters:

Jenai

Post by Jenai »

Ha! I should have known. :D
Quote:
silverdragonams
Head DM

So, I had another Hala dream last night.
I was standing in Mirtho and ther were lots of people there but I didn't recognize hardly anyone because they were all drawn in an Anime/Manga style. I did see Killy and Vicky walk past giggling at each other. Then Sara walked up behind them, all shiny silver-blue and towering over them both (which is wrong, she's relativly small for a half-dragon, only about 5'5). My last thought before waking up was " What idiot drew this? ....Oh. Right. That would be me."
Characters:

bidocks
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by bidocks »

Wow, Vicky is taller than Sara.... by one inch. But.... Sara usually wears heels, so....

I have little tiny "dreamettes" every so often. Like ten seconds or so. Then I wake up and go..... damn, I should try that!

Where do you think most of my alts came from? :D
Player of:
[b]Victoria DeVitale:[/b] "You know that little voice in your head? The one that tells you not to say things you probably shouldn't? Uhm.... yeah, I don't have one of those."
[b]Nixiana:[/b] *with a look of complete seriousness* "All true elves come from the forest...."
Derica
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Derica »

Bwahahahaha! We have invaded your dreeeeeeeeams! Bwahahahahaha! :twisted:
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

A couple of nights ago I dreamed I was writing a journal post about Scel and the current situation, and when I woke up I remembered one line of it and wrote it down:

"The next thing I know he shall be shaving his head and tattooing wings on his shoulder-blades!"

In the dream I thought it was really clever and appropriate, but of course when I woke up I realized it makes no sense. :)
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

davicurtistaggart

dreaming?

Post by davicurtistaggart »

unless,of course,he shaves his head and tattoos wings on his shoulders :)
silverdragonams
Head DM

What happens when you spend way to much time playing NWN while the hubby plays Skyrim in the background:

I'm ~me~ and standing on the top floor of one of the older stone buildings in Philly. I dont remember the name of the place, but its one I'd been in when I was a kid. At least, that's that it is on the outside. The inside is a library/wizards tower. The kind of place I imagine Sara went to for schooling.

So I am looking out the window and a Skyrim dragon shows up. Its starts circling the building, spouting fire at it, but not doing any real damage because its a big, tough, old, stone building that doesnt burn easy. Thats where this very vivid internal conversation with myself starts.

Hmm. I should go out there and kick that dragons ass!.

I should buff first!

"A bees-abees-abee...." no...thats just the sound effects. What were the words?

I cant remember the words to my own spells? *facepalm* What kind of sorceress am I?

Oh...right. Sorceress. Low Intelligence.

Theres a spell book downstairs. I could go take a peek at the incantations....

But then everyone down there will laugh at me for forgetting my spells again.

Wait. Again!? What kind of dream is this?

Screw it. The Air Force can handle the damn dragon.
Characters:

davicurtistaggart

dreaming?

off we go into the wild blue yonder...! :)
<former cadet airman first class!>
JD Smith
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by JD Smith »

Ok; so this might be better understood if you've been following the Goblins comix updated every Tues and Fri (more or less). In it, basically; those that are PC's know all the rules to D&D.

Also; knowing a bit of my earlier life would help. I'm pretty much an unobtrusive and quiet person. Back during my school years I on numerous occassions had been marked as absent from classes that I had in fact been in attendace of. People started callig me "Spook" and one teacher suggested I work for the CIA. I use a pocketknife as a tool a great deal; and enjoy making firewood. Ever since I was knee-high to a grasshopper; I've had an archery set of some time; whether a toy set with rubber pop-stick type tips or a real set. And almost the entire time in high school; I was wearing a back brace; so I had non-physical classes like Archery for Phy-Ed. I have had a number of leather jackets, and own a set of chain mail. During my time in the Marine Corps; I was assigned to attend NCO School. In that; we had a brief bit of training on the manual of arms with the NCO sword.

So; the dream.

I was DMing a table top game of D&D; one made by myself. I was running a group through one of the dungeons and they had recently killed off a group of lizard men; looked at the gear and left it behind. And now they had just finished killing a dragon and grabbing its loot. As they turned a corner in a hallway; they ran into a stranger. Someone dressed as they had never seen before (someone wearing sneakers; jeans and a t-shirt). Somehow; I had been transported from running the game to becoming a person actually in the game. But; having not grown up in that D&D world; I had no experience in certain things. And; since I don't easily fit into a standard character class; I had special abilities/limitations. And; I knew what these were. I had no real experience with the weapons sets of the world; so I had a -5 penalty to using weapons - with a few exceptions. When using a saber; there was no penalty. When using a bow; dagger; hatchet or axe; I had a +5 bonus. I was restricted to wearing only chain mail or leather armors. And I had a +50% bonus to HS and MS.

After they had met me in the hallway; and we talked a bit, it was decided that I could join their adventuring group. After that was decided; I ran off and quickly came back carrying a couple swords. Ones that I explained to the group they would find useful; but that they had left behind with the lizard men they had killed. Since I made the dungeon; I gave the lizard men some swords from an early Dragon Magazine, ones that stated in their descriptions that they could not be determined as being magical until they were used in combat. The group also found me useful because I seemed to be able to sense when danger was lurking about - and yeah, since I designed the place, I knew exactly where danger lies. When traveling through wilderness areas; we never got lost, and I could even point out short cuts. And I was still living in the D&D world and traveling with that group when I woke up.
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

I dreamed that Druid wrote to me asking me please not to kill off Sceluscio because he liked the character and might want to come back and play him again, and I was in the process of writing back to say that of course I would not kill off Sceluscio because he was not my character and I therefore had no authority to do so when I woke up.

davicurtistaggart

dreaming?

hmmm...rudiki having power over sceluscio...could be dangerous... :)
Lir'ana

Post by Lir'ana »

isn't sceluscio old and dead by now? :)
[b]"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."[/b] - [i]General MacArthur [/i]
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Last night I had a long involved dream that I don't remember most of the details of, but it had to do with a plot by the bad guys to kidnap a man who was really a whale, or who was the avatar of all whales, somehow, even though he looked just like a man, and then the bad guys were going to use him as bait to catch more good guys, and I was a young man who didn't have any magical powers that he knew of, but really he was very powerful and just didn't know it.

So when the bad guys sent a message, he/I saw it; it looked like black letters on the surface of a pond, and it was a one-word command to come find the kidnapped guy, but I forget what the word was; it was short. So he/I took a stick and wrote on the surface of the pond "No", and the bad guys saw that as black letters on their pond, and they were all: "How did he do that? He should not know how to do that!"

And then the dream shifted and things were being explained to him/me by someone who understood what was going on, and he started explaining by telling him/me that there was a giant turtle that lived on a reef and it carried all of us and the whole world on its back...

And then all of a sudden Rali was there, and she said, with perfect certainty: "Neh. When does a Turtle live in a Reef?"

And I remember thinking that yeah, she would know turtles don't live on reefs because she does have Druid levels, and then I woke up. :)

Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Rudiki wrote:Last night I had a long involved dream that I don't remember most of the details of, but it had to do with a plot by the bad guys to kidnap a man who was really a whale, or who was the avatar of all whales, somehow, even though he looked just like a man, and then the bad guys were going to use him as bait to catch more good guys, and I was a young man who didn't have any magical powers that he knew of, but really he was very powerful and just didn't know it.
Have you watched Star Trek IV recently...?
Rudiki wrote: there was a giant turtle that lived on a reef and it carried all of us and the whole world on its back...
Can you remember elephants? Sounds a bit Great A'Tuin to me.... :wink:

as for the writing on the lake and Rali's insight.. no idea there :?
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Ditto what Psye said... and...
Rudiki wrote:[...]I was a young man who didn't have any magical powers that he knew of, but really he was very powerful and just didn't know it.
... it's Lexy! :)