Dreaming of this game?

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

I have had a few dreams about Morgan going insane. I guess they are more ‘imaginings’ than dreams. I also had a very vivid dream of her fighting Scel.

Scel wore a trench coat that would ripple with colour from bottom to top. It would start at the ground and make its way up the coat and down the arms towards the hands where it would blast out and hit Morgan. Every time she swung her axe he would raise his hand and an incandescent blue disk would appear and block the blow.

After a few exchanges a transparent tower (like a rook on a chess board) sprang up around Scel and yellow ‘lightning’ blades came from his hands and they started hand to hand combat. Scel got in a lot of blows and Morgan was bleeding heavily. Morgan kinda just stood there whacking at the tower. Eventually she roared and took a mighty swing at Scel, shattering the tower and cutting off his arm in one fluid stroke.

He went down then. Morgan sat next to him and cradled his head. He reached up and stroked her face, said ‘thank you for stopping me’ then died.

:cry:
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
thetamlyone
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by thetamlyone »

Druid523 wrote:Although Scel is pretty fugly, so it's understandable.
You think so? I've always thought Scel was pretty sexy..... *shrugs*
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

AWESOME dream, Zombie! And despite Scel's seriously hot IG appearance he's actually supposed to be average-looking (which of course doesn't mean he can't still be sexy). And he doesn't have the dredlocks, btw (at least not now that Lexy gave him that hairbrush...) :)
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
thetamlyone

Post by thetamlyone »

I do remember reading about fixing up his hair, but I loved the dreds. :( Still....you are absolutely right that being sexy isn't really even mostly about looks.
Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Tremayne7 »

And Aria keep his hair trimmed now. :wink:
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Druid523 »

Kickass dream, Zombie! :)
blue wolfy
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by blue wolfy »

ok, corans not been on much since shes not really felt up to being around people, most know by now her 'curse' is constant and anything that touches her skin is instantly burned....well....

i dont know who it was or why but i had a dream very clearly of coran slugging someone then placing her left golved hand on their chest to steady them against a wall, before they could more coran raised her right hand to her mouth and bite down on the widdle finger of the glove almost sensually pulling her hand from it, next she released the person from her left hand but slammed a chokehold on the (pretty sure males) thoat lifting him off the ground and pinning him to the wall as the sound and sizzle of his throat in her hand was all that could be heard.
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

This is a rave to Michi, Trin, and Arkon.

Wednesday night I had my first dream about Hala. I had a nightmare about Michi's "visions" and Triah. It was AWFUL!!

.. you guys are really getting under my skin.

In a good way!

*grin*
blue wolfy
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by blue wolfy »

few nights back i wasnt sleeping well, really restless. the next morning still half asleep i told my wife i couldnt sleep cause i was casting healing spells and remove disese..... i have no idea why.
Verandis

Post by Verandis »

Way too long dream says:

Had a dream in which Lalant got too near demon influence- I don't recall what is is he did that was 'too far'- but something went wrong and he went mad. It started off with just little things and ended up being that he was seeing hallucinations of stuff attacking him that wasn't there, and talking weird phrases and speaking some sort of language he didn't know.

Eventually it became overwhelming and he found some sort of portal, which led to a sanctuary with a large tome.

The tome contained stories of those who had died and who had followed Dru'El at some point during their lives. The stories were all depressing and dealt with purpose unfulfilled or falling from grace, etc.

If you looked closely at the paragraphs, instead of getting caught in the stories, then you would see that there were individual words written in bold throughout each story. Reading just these formed a letter written for the reader, of hope and encouragement, and end to madness; and it was the way out.

Lalant, however, had flipped the pages, and accidentally stumbled upon a life story of someone he knew...and for some reason the last part of the tragic story involved Lalant himself and shiprides and unfulfilled things. He got stuck on the story....I don't know how he eventually made it out.

Later, he went to speak to the person, and found he couldn't remember the specifics anymore; it was as if he was reading text in a dream.
Bianca

Post by Bianca »

oooh, dream in a dream.. fun stuff, Verandis. 8)

Last night I dreamed Xune was attacked by a bunch of evil people and he psionically turned them into fairy dragons and made them dance through the Fields of Ysgard singing "The Sound of Music" with Bianca. :lol:
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Oh! Sounds like fun!

*goes off singing "The hills are alive with the sound of music...."*
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Last night I dreamed of seeing a dark green minivan drive by with the license plate "WITNER".
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

ChukchiDog
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by ChukchiDog »

And last night I dreamed that Gildan was with a group of about 8 or so others patroling in a desert area, and the group met about 3 strangers who said we should all go check out the "ends of the earth" together, but Gildan was suspicious of the strangers and thought it might be some kind of trap.

Gildan was trying to convince the others to not all just rush off after these guys, but investigate first to see if it seemed like a wise thing to do, and if they didn't investigate first he was not going to go along, but instead go tell other people what had happened and where the group was headed in case there was trouble and they needed rescuing.

The leader of the strangers was very young and enthusiastic and gung-ho and was pushing hard for people to go NOW! I don't recall or didn't recognize who else was in our group. I think Nerice may have been there, and I think Soleis and KalGalaz were not there.
Gildan: "I'm not as good as I once was, but i'm as good once as I ever was."

"I'm stubborn as those garbage bags that time cannot decay; I'm junk, but I'm still holding up this little wild bouquet." -Leonard Cohen, "Democracy"
JD Smith

Post by JD Smith »

Last night (more acurately; this morning, since I got home about 0615) ... the dream went something like this :

I was logged in on Hala - but with my Avlis character rather than with my Hala character. Got together with a bunch of folks and went adventuring. However; for some reason ... I possessed the PC's familar (a small ice elemental) and ran the entire adventure as the familar; with the PC just tagging along. At the end of the adventure - the DM awarded XP and an item ... to the familiar. The item was a metamagic gem to allow the familiar to use any of the elements as her bolt; at choice, rather than just having always a cold blast - with unlimited uses.
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Two nights ago I dreamed that Rayne was standing on a bluff overlooking a valley where apparently she had been watching Lexy fight unbeknownst to him, and she turned to her companion who was standing beside her, a male character that for some reason I knew was being played by Picaki, and she said something like: "See how he did that, so ruthlessly? We need him back", and it was clear she meant she wanted Lexy to come back to the Dark Side. :)

Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Very brief flash of a dream as I was waking up:

I was in game and so was Mel Gibson, playing a character, and the rest of the players were all playing Jewish characters with broad Jewish accents to piss him off. Oy!

Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

do NOT anger the road warrior.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
sinn
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by sinn »

I normally only dream of Rali all green dressed in next to nothing serving me pepsi and chocolate donuts
[i]"Zee cabbage does not run away from zee corn-beef."[/i]
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Funny; I have that same dream, only with Ash! (Just kidding...I hate pepsi!) :D

Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Wha....?
But... but... but....

Pepsi's the best! =D

As the company says up here "Aujourd'hui, c'est Pepsi." (literrally, "Today, it's Pepsi.") ;-)

I hardly ever remember my dreams, so I can't tell if I ever dreamed of the game itself. I do, however, sometimes have vivid scenes playing in my mind about some hypothetical situations.

I have had a few dreams involving some players, though. Like at a meet or something. Even if I have no idea what those players look like, in my dreams I knew who they were and who they played. Heh.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

I dreamed Lexy was investigating a city, and there was an anime-style scene of him bounding up the outside of a very tall building, ledge to ledge until he got to the top where he had to leap and catch the edge and swing up, and then I found out he was being chased by bad guys, and there was, on the roof of this building high above the city an exact replica scale model of the entire city, and there was only one room in it that wasn’t in the city, a disused nursery, and to get away from them he had to enter the scale model and hide there, and there was a cat, too, and I think the bad guys were looking for the cat and Lexy had to protect it, so Lexy followed the cat to the secret room, but the bad guys were coming...

...and then it sort of became a live game, and to represent the scale model of the city there was this huge warehous space that had been made into an antique mall, with all these little cubicles crowded with antiques, and I found my way through to a stairway that led upstairs, a wide straight stairway, and upstairs it looked like it had been a disused combination hospital/old peoples home/motel, and there was a hall with doors off it, and rooms, and the rooms got more and more filthy and disgusting the farther I went down the hall, with junk and dirty bedclothes and stuff piled up in them...

...so I went back the other way toward the stairs again and I heard the bad guys coming for me, so I ran into the nearest room, and it was a bathroom, and it had a tub, and it was directly across the hall from where the stairs came up, and I didn’t have time to shut the door, and I/Lexy looked in the tub and it was...not clean. Wasn’t as bad as the rest of the place, just dusty and dirty, and I/Lexy thought: “I have to lie down in *that*? But I did, and then I was thinking: Well this is silly; there’s no way they aren’t going to come right in and check the tub, but I knew it was alright because actually I had told the DM I was following the cat to the secret room and hiding there, I had just gotten lost, really.

And then the DM came up, and he was very nice. He was a huge black guy with short hair and he turned out to be a famous football (American football) player though I didn’t recognize him, I just knew he was one, and he said that was where we would break for this session, with Lexy hiding in the secret extra room of the scale model with the cat, and we’d pick up there next time, and I wouldn’t be able to play my character until this adventure was done, and that would be a month, month and a half, tops, and I thought “Dang!”, but I didn’t say anything. And one of the other players said that was okay, because the same thing was the best thing to happen to so-and-so, who was gaming too much and was saved by having to wait like this and while waiting found other RL things to do, and that was where I woke up. :)

ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

Last night I dreamed that Lexy was sooo happy Scel had come to the poetry workshop he made out with an Illithid. Afterward they went to the fair and bought strawberry ice cream from Blue Wolfy's character "Bob" (the fairy chick with the really long floaty name) and had blue-fish-tacos.

Then the illithid wanted to go to Vegas to Get Married and when Alexis turned around to wave down a cab he got run over by Scel riding a pony.

(p.s. yes, it was confirmed I am very sick and am officially on antibiotics, so I happily blame this mess on you all and medication. :lol: )
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

o.O

*blinkblink*

O.o

So the meds just break down through your dream inhibitions and just let your imagination run wild?.... like it's not wild enough already?
sinn
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by sinn »

ambrosia wrote:Last night I dreamed that Lexy was sooo happy Scel had come to the poetry workshop he made out with an Illithid. Afterward they went to the fair and bought strawberry ice cream from Blue Wolfy's character "Bob" (the fairy chick with the really long floaty name) and had blue-fish-tacos.

Then the illithid wanted to go to Vegas to Get Married and when Alexis turned around to wave down a cab he got run over by Scel riding a pony.

(p.s. yes, it was confirmed I am very sick and am officially on antibiotics, so I happily blame this mess on you all and medication. :lol: )
does not sound like antibiotics.. sounds like LSD!
[i]"Zee cabbage does not run away from zee corn-beef."[/i]