Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

ChukchiDog
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Dreaming of this game?

Post by ChukchiDog »

I had my first dream about the game the other night; here it is:

Gildan was a spider (one of the gray ones, not a green one), and he was with another character that was also in spider form. Akai was there, in character, but I forget or it wasn't clear which character (likely Soleis?). We were all heading somewhere and the other spider was running ahead, showing off how fast he was and leaving us in the dust. The character was a male, but I don't know who he was; I think he did have a short one-word name but I've forgotten it, and I don't think he was any real character in the game.

Gil was running as fast as he could to catch up because his pride was making him; he was determined to show he could still catch this bozo, but I could not catch up; and Akai sent me a tell going: "Use your speed power and blow him away.", so I activated said power (which Gil doesn't have, btw, nor is he capable of turning into a spider except by means of a potion...) and suddenly I/Gil was really fast, but only for a very brief period of time.

Gil zoomed past the guy and ran circles around him a few times to make his point, then as I knew it was going to wear off at any second I/Gil detoured to Redda's house which was on the way and told him to go on ahead and I'd catch up. Then the speed wore off and Gil was totally exhausted, but it was worth it! Then I wanted to make him collapse because he was so tired, and I wondered what it would look like if he collapsed as a spider; would he jump into the air and land on his back with all his legs curled up like the spiders do when they die, or not...but I woke up before I could find out.

Freudian commentary invited. :) Anyone else ever dream of the game?
Gildan: "I'm not as good as I once was, but i'm as good once as I ever was."

"I'm stubborn as those garbage bags that time cannot decay; I'm junk, but I'm still holding up this little wild bouquet." -Leonard Cohen, "Democracy"
Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Tremayne7 »

Um, Yes and it's not fit to print..... *goes off mumbling Seamus, Lexy, Ro....*
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

I had a dream that I was in spider form and was real fast so I ran ahead of everyone else to show off..... :P
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
blue wolfy
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by blue wolfy »

Tremayne7 wrote:Um, Yes and it's not fit to print..... *goes off mumbling Seamus, Lexy, Ro....*
its not called a dream if your awake!
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

No, I was asleep and it was very um... shall we say unprintable? And yes, I have daydreamed too. :wink:

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
whirlin_merlin
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by whirlin_merlin »

I've had several dreams about NWN. My most recent one was my main found a +2 scythe and some other +2 weapon. I was excited, but it wasn't real. :( Not sure anyone would have bought a +2 scythe anyway.
Lir'ana
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Lir'ana »

Ya know when I started having dreams about NWN I decieded I was playing waaaaaayyyy to much rofl. Course this would normally occur after a full day or a double header of non stop playing.
Redda
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Redda »

REMOVED
Last edited by Redda on Mon May 19, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blue wolfy

Post by blue wolfy »

didnt know where else to post this, it was after the CO hades tripo....

RL mind you... i had a nightmare that theCO abandoned coran in hades and she couldnt leave, it was so real that im gunna make copran IG have the dream
Daecon
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Daecon »

I confess I've had several dreams about NWN some which involved one of my characters. A few of those dreams also were in some way about IC relationship situations (but no, not that kind of dream) so I'm not writing up details. But I guess when you play NWN for a few hours every night you're bound to get a dream or two about it. :D

I did once have a dream that I then decided to use IC and say my character had it. That was several months back though and poor memory wins again (can't remember it anymore).
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

Daecon wrote:I confess I've had several dreams about NWN some which involved one of my characters. A few of those dreams also were in some way about IC relationship situations (but no, not that kind of dream) so I'm not writing up details. But I guess when you play NWN for a few hours every night you're bound to get a dream or two about it. :D

I did once have a dream that I then decided to use IC and say my character had it. That was several months back though and poor memory wins again (can't remember it anymore).
Is that when you proposed to Ryk?
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

I remember being woken up by someone and they told me I yelled something about "casting Haste to go through the forest"

:/
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
Daecon
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Daecon »

Xanthalas wrote:
Daecon wrote:I confess I've had several dreams about NWN some which involved one of my characters. A few of those dreams also were in some way about IC relationship situations (but no, not that kind of dream) so I'm not writing up details. But I guess when you play NWN for a few hours every night you're bound to get a dream or two about it. :D

Is that when you proposed to Ryk?
No-one was supposed to know! :evil:
Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Druid523 »

upholstery_imp wrote:I remember being woken up by someone and they told me I yelled something about "casting Haste to go through the forest"

:/
Hahahah. Oh, Imp. :P
Rali'vinee

Post by Rali'vinee »

I have had dreams about the game and not realized they were dreams, believing they happened and confusing several people in the process. I dream NWN probably nearly every night. I was having a daydream today too, in class as I was teaching Grammar. :P
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Dream last night:

Dark Lexy was watching a circus performance; a lady was doing acrobatics at the top of a long, flexible pole (like 30 or 40 feet in the air). When the performance ended, Lexy slunk away to go find someone to cut up. He turned invisible and went off to hide in some bushes, but Dameon happened by and stopped and looked at him; it was clear that Dameon could see through the invisibility. Then a crowd started to gather to see what Dameon was looking at, and Lexy moved on, but he was followed. One of the followers wasa groupie-type teenaged girl, and Lexy thought she'd do, so he took her along and tried to lose the following pack, going through a series of doors and rooms, but Seamus kept following and he could not lose him. Finally Lexy got a bit ahead and came to a room with flowers growing in it, and he stopped there, but he could hear people looking for them. Then I thought it would be good for Lexy to get caught, since he was going to get caught, with it obvious he was about to do something bad, like have his knives laid out neatly or something, but there wasn't time to do anything like that because here came Seamus. Lexy was trying to get Seamus to leave but he just wouldn't, and that's where I woke up.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Verandis

Post by Verandis »

Pha, even I....

Dreamt that the Underdark had a rabbit petting farm, and saw the sign and I opened the door and they all escaped! I tried to herd some of them back in, but never DID find them all.
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Why do I now have "Sweeney Todd" running though my head?

Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

Great, Now I'm Lexi's conscience... :roll:

:lol: :lol:

Edit: Interresting that it was Seamus and not Scel.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Verandis, that is the best dream ever!
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Druid523 »

I'm almost jealous it wasn't Scel! :P Although Scel is pretty fugly, so it's understandable.
whirlin_merlin
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by whirlin_merlin »

I had a terrible dream last night that Kria leveled and I forgot to switch her spells. :shock: Levels are far apart these days.
blue wolfy

Post by blue wolfy »

ok just told tremayne bout this and she told me to post it...

ive only played tanaris 3 maybe 4 days, so i guess just cause he is still 'new', but last night i dreamed about tanaris and a winged Uni sorta hugging as they talked by an old wooden bridge (unlike any i seen IG) i dont recall what was said or anything but i do know others of the newbie crew were near teasing them, i remember peter and dorka specifically there
blue wolfy

Post by blue wolfy »

ok last nights dream of Tanaris.... and a few females, (not uni) isnt fit to be rewritten here *blushes*
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Kay was chasing Pandorus, and Lexy and Seamus and others (I don't know who) were after them. We came around a sharp corner and Seamus skidded and fell, he was going so fast (Hmm...Seamus AGAIN? Sorry, Fuggles!). When we caught up Kay and Pandorus were fighting, but they were both shape-changed into bats, and they had no floaty names, so it was little brown bat vs. little brown bat and Lexy could not tell who to attack so he just had to watch, but I woke up before the fight ended. Which is too bad, because the soft splat of bats hitting the floor is my favorite sound effect in the game. :)

And Wolfy, I've yet to have an x-rated (or even r-rated) dream about the game. But apparently if I do, odds are Seamus will feature in it. :wink: