My father's health

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

charlierazor
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

My father's health

Post by charlierazor »

For those of you who I am close to, you know that my father has been fighting brain cancer for two years now. Blessed be this, as most patients of his type do not last six months.

I am writing this to inform you, that the fight is over, and cancer has won....in a few days my Dad will be in a much better place.

Thus said, I am asking that you pray for my mother, and for my family, that we be held together through this difficult time, and that my mother might know peace, and understanding within the next few days, and the months, to years to follow.

I will be online as much as possible, as this is my escape, and my way to pass aggression.

Let me tell you a little bit about my father.....

He was a Christian man. He lived the life, that all Christians should live, neither judging nor boastful. He was humble, though he did have an indian temper, he was quick to contain it.

He was American born, and he fought in the Cambodia Conflict, the war that never happened. When the president said all our troops were no longer in SE Asia, he was still there, trying to help Cambodia.

He served for 23 years in the Air Force, and on his retirement, he continued to work for the government, out here in the sandbox we call Ft. Irwin. He will die a man of honor, and a soldier true to American Freedoms.

He was a loving husband. In the 26 years he was married to my mother, he never once fought with her. He never once raised his voice at her. He never once raised a hand to her. He was the perfect husband, respecting her wishes, and knowing when to back down. My mother's needs always came before his, and near the end it nearly tore his heart out that he could not provide her...that the roles had been reversed, as she provided for him.

He was a loving father. His discipline was just. We were punished only as we should be punished. Never too much, never too little. He taught me all that is right, and made me who I am. I can only pray that one day, I can be the father that he was to me. No. I only pray that one day, I can be the Dad that he was to me.

He was a woodcraftsman, and he helped build churches that were destroyed during the quake in San Francisco. He did it for free, as he did all his wood work. From cabinets, to furniture, to houses, to churches, every piece of wood that my father touched, was done so with loving and caring hands, that worked all that he touched to perfection.

I cannot tell you how much I love my father......and I cannot tell you how ~happy~ I am, that his pain is coming to an end. He deserves so much better...He deserved, so much better.

Charlie
-Charlie
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

You have my prayers, and any other help I can give.
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
Lord Droke
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Lord Droke »

My heart goes out to you and yours man. Hang in there
"Professional assasination is the highest form of public service" - Chiun, Master of Sinanju
Samhaim
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Samhaim »

I'll be praying for you, your father, and all of your family. Our hearts are with you in this troubled time.
albonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by albonia »

My thoughts and prayers go with you and your father.
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Oh, Charlie! My prayers are with you and your family. May the Higher Powers that be grant your family the Serenity you will need in the days, months and years ahead. Your father has created a noble work of art in you too. Many long distance hugs.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Jenai

Post by Jenai »

Your Father and all of your Family is in our prayers. We are here for you.
Quote:
Jenai even at near death is about as helpless as that kitten in Mithro. *Daemona*
Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Druid523 »

I hope your mother finds that peace, Charlie. =)
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Hey, Charlie,

I've been thinking of you and of your family a lot, these past few days, and I've tried to write several times, but there's too much to say, and I don't know how to say it with the grace and power it deserves. Thank you for writing so eloquently about your dad. It is a great thing that both of you have loved so deeply, and that both of you know, without any doubt, how much you mean to each other. You can carry that with you forever. My heart goes out to you and to your mother and to your family. If there is anything I can do, let me know.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
makelovelikewar
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by makelovelikewar »

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Oh wow... you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
*offers lots of hugs*
Without "me", it's just "aweso".
Last Chancellor
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Last Chancellor »

Been a long time, Charlie. It pains me to see that you and your family are under such duress.. Words cannot express my sorrow over this. I crossed myself as I read your eulogy. Your father is indeed in a better place right now and I pray for the solace of you and yours. *hugs*

Do take good care, and god bless.
I joined CoPaP and all I got was this lousy signature.
Redda
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Redda »

Charlie,
Apologies for a late response, we have not had internet.

My thoughts are with you and your family. the love and admiration you have for your father shine through your words.

I sincerely hope that your family find peace and that you may draw some comfort from your friends here.

Be well, Charlie
charlierazor
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by charlierazor »

I thought you would want to know, that on the 4th of December, at 0330 PST, my father passed away. My Uncle Bob was present at the time of his death, and as I understand my father was having a hard time breathing, gasping for air, hours before hand. At 0300, he begin to breath easy, and peacefully, and slowly his breaths stretched in time between each breath, until he died. My Uncle said he was at complete peace, and there was a sense of peace in the room when he passed.

Thus said, I will do my damnest to be on Saturday for Loki's Temple, but I will not be available on Monday for the quest, as that is the day of my father's viewing. As well, Tuesday is the day of my father's funeral.

For those interested, it will be a 21 gun salute funeral, I will post pictures at a later time.

Thank you, to my friends, for being with me through this difficult time.

Charlie

p.s. I've had a few people ask how to get ahold of me....read between the lines
email & messenger
c-h-a-r-l-i-e-.-r-a-z-o-r-@-h-o-t-m-a-i-l-.-c-o-m-
-Charlie
princessofjustice

Post by princessofjustice »

sorry that it is late charile but my condolences to you and your family i will pary for your family in this time of need

Princess
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

The World will still be here for you when you need us. Be with your family at this time. We love you, Charlie and will be here for you and will do what ever we can for you and your family.

My love, prayers and many hugs to you and your family,

Aria/Tremayne and Seamus
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Dengar

Post by Dengar »

God Bless him, and your Family

*Salutes the fallen*
Why do they call him Boris the bullet dodger?

Because he dodges bulltes Avi!