Request for a 2nd server portal

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Request for a 2nd server portal

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

I've been wrestling with a big problem for a while.

Due to something wrong with my computer graphics card I can't transition into certian maps. Mirador/elvencity ones for the most part.
I can't go into the city of tel. I can't go to nates. I cannot go along the swamps to the south of Nagrtch and most importantly I can't use the great bridge linking Hala and Ysgard.

The minute I try and cross over I get kicked out of NWN and the whole program shuts down because of an error. When I try and log back in I can't make it into the game, the loading bar goes 75% then kicks me out. If I log into the other server it tells me I need to wait 60 minutes and punts me out of the game. If I'm persistant I can log in 20 times over and over and sometimes I get into the game, BUT, the minute I hit the next screen it's another 20+ attempts at logging in. Then a 3rd time once I hit the other server. As of late I can't get in no matter how many attemps.

So basically now if I want to go from hala to ysgard or back I need to log out and wait an hour. I'me missed out on quite a few hunting trips and some decent DM events because of this.

I've tried reinstalling all the hacks 3 times. I've reinstalled the elvencity (and friends) hak a 4th time and I've completly reinstalled NWN twice. Tried cranking the graphics right down, updating video drivers, deleting over ride haks. You name it.
Hala players and DMs have been AWESOME at trying to fix this for me. (thanks guys)

IS there a possibility of opening a second portal of some sort between avlis and ysgard? Not being able to go to nates, tel or the swamp is annoying but I can work around it. Having to wait an hour to swirch servers is a real killer :(
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

When the Tower of Iron Will gets its airship, should set up a shuttle to Nagritch or somewhere :)
Druid523
Wiki Pioneer

Post by Druid523 »

Akai wrote:When the Tower of Iron Will gets its airship, should set up a shuttle to Nagritch or somewhere :)
Hah! Almost forgot about that. :P I believe that's on Alexis' "To-Do List".

As for Grant's specific request...*shrugs* :(
Last edited by Druid523 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
albonia

Post by albonia »

Could be the graphics card drivers what kind of card is it
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Asbendale
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Asbendale »

Sounds like a grapic fault. What opreating system are you running? and what card is you using?.

Also Ill be back home from the 20 dec so try logging on and we can set up a messenger for you and i can send you my haks, that way we know that they are in order.

Asbendale Silverblade
T'Holoth Shadowborn

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

I'm on windows XP with a NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS,
I've tried updating it a few times. Trinity also sent me their haks to make sure I wasn't just downloading faulty ones and unfortinuately no luck.
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

Aria had all sorts of problems with an Nvidia card in NWN also. After many tries fixing the problem, She eventually ended up getting an ATI card instead.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

I think an airship would be neat.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
luke32m
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by luke32m »

I have a similar video card, and similar things were happening, maybe try using older drivers. It worked for me.
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

Nvidias suck.

*Goes back to lurking.*
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lily]Lily[/url]
Asbendale
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Asbendale »

Nvida RULES!!!!!...

However it might be the drivers they just have relased. When im starting the game i get a black screen and after clikking a lot around in blindness i useally manage to get a singel player game startet, cancling that i have the menu as normal and is abel to log in.

Im having a geforce 7800 gtx

Asbendale Silverblade
albonia

Post by albonia »

Nvida are the best definatly.

Asbendale it is the drivers at fault i had the same problem with the black screen and had to go back to older drivers.
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

I'm on a Mac and my problem was caused when Apple updated its OS to 10.3.4 which screwed with the video cards drivers and I never got it fixed until as Seamus said I got a new card. It screwed NWN and The Sims2 to hell and back. I crashed half the time in NWN and stopped playing (which is why Aria's been gone for a while before now), but I could work around the Sims glitches easier.

Old drivers, if you can install them probably will work.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Lord Droke
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Lord Droke »

I have a Nvidia GForce 7900 GT. I love it, however I have experienced problems with some of the newer drivers in NWN. When I go home, I'll check the driver version I have and post it since our cards are pretty close maybe trying the same version I run will fix the problem.....

As far as ATI goes, I used and swore by them for years. Towards the end though I got sick of constant bugs and boots with NWN (and this spans three different rigs) so I switched to GForce with very little problems. In my personal experience ATI is a better card graphicly, however they are not as stable as GForce, which in my opinion is more important than raw power.
"Professional assasination is the highest form of public service" - Chiun, Master of Sinanju
Starslayer_D
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Starslayer_D »

NVidia 1.169 beta driver (newest) solved all my NWN troubles with a Geforce 8800 card