Howl of Mourning

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by _JM_ »

Damn. I at least had my similar misfortune spread over a few months. I don’t know if I would have been able to cope at all if I’d only had a few days between losses. Good luck with all the legal business if you are acting as executor. I hope your friends can give you the support you need and that you and your family can help each other through this time. My fervent wishes that things begin to improve go to you.
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

:(

virtual hugs are all I can give, but you have them and all of the support behind them, in spades, my friend.

*HUGS*
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Oh goodness...

I'm so sorry!

You have all my tight squeezies and support. My thoughts go to you and yours in these hard times, my friend.

*SQUEEZIES!*
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Seamus and I send our prayers and love to you. You know if you need us, you have only to PM.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
davicurtistaggart
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by davicurtistaggart »

i'm so sorry.wish i could offer more than virtual hugs,condolences,and a willing ear.may your pain fade as his has ended. :(
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Condolences for your loss.
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
Freeze01
Resident DM Griefer

Post by Freeze01 »

My heartfelt condolences.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Tafdan's Passionate Kisses. "Passion".

Siberian husky, silver and white, bi-eyed (1 blue eye, 1 brown eye).

Passionata, Passion Flower, Pashie Niblick, Riot Grrrl.

There is always that moment, every time. She's up on the stainless steel table, and I'm holding her beautiful thick ruff in in my hands, and I'm kissing her soft forehead and I'm thinking I can still tell them to stop this, I can say no, I've changed my mind, don't do it, because even though I know she can't live, the thought of losing her is devastating. And every time, I let them do it, I don't say anything, and then it is too late. And every time I know I've made the right decision, but that doesn't help.

Here's the part where I write about her, and say what a good sled dog she was, and how she lived up to her name, and how she always threw herself headlong at life, but I don't have the heart anymore. I loved her. She's dead.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Some people never have pets and never really understand, but to any that do, you know that they're not an animal you own, they're part of your family.

I still remember walking our old dog Bess around the vet's car park. Even to this day it brings a tear to my eye and like you I nearly said no and walked away, but she was suffering and at the end of the day, it was better she got to go peacefully and not in any more pain.

It never gets easier, but as hard as it is to lose that friend, try to remember how much she enjoyed life with you.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
davicurtistaggart
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

howl ofmourning

Post by davicurtistaggart »

awww! :cry: if you imagine you feel a very tight hug around your legs,i hope you'll know who's there.i hope for the best for you in this hard time
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

My oldest cat, Oberon, is 14 years old now. I dread the day either I need to make that decision or I come home or go downstairs and he will not greet me. He is my baby, my furry love.

Nearly 11 years ago, I had to put his brother, Prospero to sleep as he had cancer that couldn't be cured or operated on. I still cry when I think about it. I held him as he passed and he went so peacefully. In life there was nothing peaceful about him. He was a ball of energy that constantly ran around and kept us entertained for hours. Oberon mewed for him for weeks afterward and I knew he was lonely and missing his brother.

We got Titania shortly afterward. She is a glamour girl and I love her very much.

Right now, I'm crying because I miss Prospero so much and I dread the day I must say good bye to my lap cat.

I think what I mean to say is I understand your loss and I send my love to you.

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

She sounds like she was a lovely dog, and a very well loved one. You were lucky to have her and she was lucky to have such a fine home and someone who cared about her so much. My condolences to you for your loss.
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Couldn't say it any better than _JM_ and Psye did, my thoughts are the same and are with you.
You both were lucky to find each other.
She was family. Remember her as she was in her life.

*squeezies tight in comfort*
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

The Mad Midnight Quarker What Quarks at Midnight

Although she was only 3 years old, Quarker was the elder statesguinea of our little flock, a mother figure and example (sometimes a bad example) to the younger guineas. She taught them that Dogs are Our Friends, a belief that lost her a wing, her flight, and nearly her life (luckily the lady who sold us Quarker's younger siblings told us about a miracle-working vet.) That was the first time we rushed her an hour's drive to the vet, where the vet working the night shift examined her, warned us that if she had surgery she had only a 20% chance to survive (and no chance at all if she didn't.) Oh, and if she had the surgery, there'd be antibiotics in her system so we wouldn't be able to eat her... (If we planned to eat her, we wouldn't be paying $350 for emergency surgery!) The next morning the miracle-working vet came on duty and saved Quarker's life for the first time.

ChukchiDog got to see a one-winged guinea hen learn she couldn't fly. Apparently she goes about 3' up in the air, flips tail up and lands on her head. I'm sorry I missed it.

Quarker was an overachiever, laying an egg every day, as big as a chicken egg or bigger. A guinea's insides probably aren't meant for that, and she suffered from recurring bouts of peritonitis. Finally our vet decided that she shouldn't be laying at all, and recommended shots to keep her from laying. Quarker went right on laying despite the shots.

After all that, it may have been Fenn who killed her. He bullies the guineas, and Quarker was the biggest and (with her missing wing) the slowest. Twice we brought her to the vet with mysterious injuries that may have been caused by a sharp sheep horn. This second time, our vet finally ran short of miracles.

She's buried in the garden, and will have a memorial tree if I can figure out how to keep Fenn from eating it.

Some lesser guinea will have to take up her duties, or midnight will come and go unheralded.

Farewell to the Mad Midnight Quarker What Quarked at Midnight.
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

She was a fighter!

Farewell, Quarker.

*squeezies*
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Farewell to the Quarker. My condolences.
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

I too must add one to this post. Seamus and I had to put our little fluffy girl, Titania to sleep today. It was very unexpected and I miss her very much. She was our friend and companion for 11 years and she brought us much joy.

I miss you my little glamour girl.

Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

What a lovely little cat! Very sorry to hear of your loss. :(
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

My sympathies on your loss, she looks like she was a real sweetie.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

I'm so awfully sorry for your loss! Many comforting hugs.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Very sorry to hear!
*squeezies in comfort*
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

It wasn't quite two weeks ago that I lost one and I've lost another. My beloved Oberon, my furry baby of 15 years died in my arms about an hour ago. I can't stop crying and he died of natural causes.

That is him melted on his Mom Cat.

Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

:(
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Sorry to hear. :(
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

My condolences again.