Howl of Mourning

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

makelovelikewar
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by makelovelikewar »

*HUGS*

It's so hard losing them but having them was worth anything.

Sounds like she was a grand lady.
Redda
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Redda »

I am so sorry love.....I know how much she meant to you *hugs* I know you will miss your girl.
thetamlyone
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by thetamlyone »

*big hugs*
ChukchiDog
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by ChukchiDog »

Huskavarna's Flexible Flyer. "Ace".

Siberian Husky, black and white, dark brown eyes, not a rocket scientist but oh, so gorgeous! And such a sunny, happy, loving boy.

Ace Cadet the Space Cadet. Jetski Cadetski. Flex. Flex Non-Mentallo. Cabana Boy. Friendly Fire. Brainless Boy. Mr. Perfect Ears.

He loved people. We have video of him as a baby puppy being let out into the yard; while the rest of the puppies in the litter scattered at once to the four winds like huskies do, he ran up to the people and followed them around. He followed me, too, all over the house for close to sixteen years, never sleeping more than a few feet away if he could help it. When I worked, he was always under the desk or chair with his head on my feet. He'd wedge himself between the tub and the toilet when I took a bath. He liked to sleep touching me. By preference he slept curled against my side, his chin settled in the hollow between my hip and my ribs, or his head on my chest, or my lap. He was never neurotic, though; he could safely be left at home and would wait quietly, but oh, the joy when I returned!

He was a great traveler; he went with me all over the U.S., on many cross-country camping trips, from coast to coast and up into Canada. Wherever he went he was a wonderful ambassador for his breed; always happy to be petted and loved on by strangers, always ready to give kisses. He was so very sweet-tempered, and he always meant so well, but in his younger days his enthusiasm got him in trouble; he didn't know his own size and strength, and he was always going: "Hey! Why are you holding your nose like that?", when he'd just whacked you hard in the face with an unexpected turn of his head, or: "Hey, what are you doing down there on the gound? Are you okay?", when he'd just bowled you over because he wasn't looking where he was going. Hence the nickname "Friendly Fire".

He was breathtakingly beautiful, but hereditary cataracts ended his show career early. He was very athletic; he could leap straight up to a ledge six feet off the ground from a standing start, as if he was levitating. He was a big boy, but not too big, with striking markings and smooth movement. He was put together right, and he was a joy to watch. He could have been a contender.

It was clear from the beginning that he was not, however, the sharpest tool in the box. Once, he spotted a plastic bag caught in the branch of a tree he was peeing on. He stopped in mid-pee, stared at the fluttering bag for a few moments, then lost interest. You could see him think: "Okay, that's over, now what was I doing? Oh, yeah, peeing on this tree!" So he peed on the tree again, and again he noticed the bag: "Wow; that's new! What is it? Oh, well, not very interesting...what was I doing, again? Oh, yeah, peeing on this tree!" He repeated this over a dozen times, noticing the bag anew, losing interest, peeing on the tree, noticing the bag again, while we counted and fell out laughing at him.

He was a decent sled dog; willing and happy; he enjoyed it but he did not have the fierce drive that many have. Despite his lack of intelligence he was a good lead dog when paired with Youbetcha, my shy, tiny, brilliant, driven, energizer bunny; she knew the commands and had the desire to run forever; he had the self-confidence and the desire to listen to me and please me. Bets was as small as huskies get, and Ace was as big as the standard allows; they made an odd couple but they did a good job together. He was even on the TV news in Canada one year.

Unlike most huskies, he loved to swim. My Dad has a swimming pool, and on his first visit there he was chasing the other dogs around the yard and figured he'd cut across the pool, not knowing it was water. After that, he'd just jump in and swim around whenever he felt like it, but he always had to be called to the shallow end and showed the steps when he was done; he never did learn how to get out on his own, so he was never allowed out there alone. On walks he would head into whatever body of water offered itself and go out as far as his flexi-leash allowed; he wasn't interested in wading; he wanted to swim.

I don't know how to end this. He told me it was time, and I honored that, and it hurts like hell. My good boy.
Gildan: "I'm not as good as I once was, but i'm as good once as I ever was."

"I'm stubborn as those garbage bags that time cannot decay; I'm junk, but I'm still holding up this little wild bouquet." -Leonard Cohen, "Democracy"
makelovelikewar
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by makelovelikewar »

*Hugs* What a wonderful dog and friend. Thank you so much for sharing him with us.
Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Tremayne7 »

I have read your words and feel like I know him. I always asked you about him and now I can't stop the tears. My heart goes out to you and I know you miss him.

Hugs and love to you. Oberon came and sat in my lap earlier almost as if he knew too.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Rali'vinee
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Rali'vinee »

*Warm hugs, Rudiki, and heartfelt sympathy for your enormous loss.*
[i][b]Arkon: "[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Rali%27vinee_Ish%27tarestacia][color=#00BF00]Rali'vinee[/color][/url] is at the same time, the most lovable character I've ever come across, and the singularly most infuriating."[/b][/i]
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Akai was raised by Siamese cats and wanted another, so we contacted a Siamese cat rescue group. One e-mailed picture they sent showed a gangly half-grown cat with a long stripey tail. This kitten had been found roaming the streets of Virginia Beach. The caption said: "Is this your kitten?"

"No", I thought. It was one of those so-called 'flame point' cats, with orange tabby points instead of normal pretty Siamese color. I didn't like the color. Akai was wiser than I was. Akai said: "Yes."

From the first minute I saw her I knew she was perfect. She purred constantly, and wanted to be around people. Probably only part Siamese, she had the Siamese talkativeness but not the Siamese voice. She never offered to bite or claw, but she hissed a LOT. She was very friendly and loving; her hissing was more like commentary. We used to make fun of her: "...and *step* and hiss and *turn* and hiss and sit and *hiss*!"

The rescue was calling her Jewel. We named her Silmaril. Silly-Marilly, the Pink Fink, Pinkness, Pinkus Maximus, The Pink One. Our blonde: Most cats are smart. She wasn't, but she more than made up for it by her utter sweetness. Her blank look was so precious! We used to sing to her when she showcased her lack of intelligence: "'Cause I'm a blonde, yeah, yeah, yeah!"

She was the cutest cat I've ever known. Not the most beautiful, but definitely, hands down, the cutest. She had thick plushy cream-colored fur, and beautiful light blue eyes, and a round face and a round body and ghost-stripes on her face and legs, and a striped orange tail. We used to call her "caterpillar butt" when she fuzzed it, because it looked like a woolly bear caterpillar. She had toast-colored ears and the very tips of her paws were white, as if they had been dipped in milk. She used to drink water by dipping a paw in it repeatedly and licking the moisture off her paw each time. So...cute...

She was a notoriously bad mouser. The one night she did catch a mouse she brought it (still alive) for show and tell and accidentally let it go and lost it in the bed!

She was always the unsuspecting one when we had to catch the cats for anything; she never got a clue until it was too late. Once we were ready to leave and we couldn't find her. The house is tiny, and we turned it upside down several times. I knew she could not possibly have gotten outside, but I was getting ready to believe she must have, and was about to expand the search to the yard when she was found. She had not been hiding. She had been asleep in plain sight the whole time, on top of a high cabinet aganist a cream-colored wall, in a room that had been searched repeatedly. We only found her because she woke up and wondered why we were acting so weird.

She was such a good, good cat. Never any trouble; always a complete delight. She gave us so much joy every day of her life. That's more than worth the pain we're feeling now. We enter into these covenants knowing that they are going to end, but knowing that doesn't make this any easier.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

HUGS to both you and Akai. I dread the day I must give up Oberon forever. He's 13 years old and I've known him since the day he was born. I lost his brother at the age of 3 nearly 10 years ago this month and I still cry when I think about him.

Oberon is my cat. He curls up in my lap, purrs when I pick him up and love him. In short, he is my love cat. The cat I just adore.

Titania and Puck are awfully sweet cats too, but they are not mine. They do not like to be picked up and cuddled. But I still love them both too.

Again, my love to you both.

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
davicurtistaggart
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

howl of mourning

Post by davicurtistaggart »

awww! :cry: a certain tiny lover of kitties is very,very sad today.condolences and hugs to both,and the hope things may get better for you.
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

*HUGS!*
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

She sounds like she was a lovely cat who will be sadly missed. My condolences on your loss.
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

She sounds like a sweet lovely kitty!

I'm so sorry for your loss!
Love to you both and extra squeezies!

*tight squeezies*
fate-amenable
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by fate-amenable »

Losing a longtime companion like that makes home feel hollow. I hope you're both coping alright.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

My father is dead.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Damn. I at least had my similar misfortune spread over a few months. I don’t know if I would have been able to cope at all if I’d only had a few days between losses. Good luck with all the legal business if you are acting as executor. I hope your friends can give you the support you need and that you and your family can help each other through this time. My fervent wishes that things begin to improve go to you.
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

:(

virtual hugs are all I can give, but you have them and all of the support behind them, in spades, my friend.

*HUGS*
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Oh goodness...

I'm so sorry!

You have all my tight squeezies and support. My thoughts go to you and yours in these hard times, my friend.

*SQUEEZIES!*
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Seamus and I send our prayers and love to you. You know if you need us, you have only to PM.

davicurtistaggart

i'm so sorry.wish i could offer more than virtual hugs,condolences,and a willing ear.may your pain fade as his has ended. :(
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Condolences for your loss.
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
Freeze01
Resident DM Griefer

Post by Freeze01 »

My heartfelt condolences.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Tafdan's Passionate Kisses. "Passion".

Siberian husky, silver and white, bi-eyed (1 blue eye, 1 brown eye).

Passionata, Passion Flower, Pashie Niblick, Riot Grrrl.

There is always that moment, every time. She's up on the stainless steel table, and I'm holding her beautiful thick ruff in in my hands, and I'm kissing her soft forehead and I'm thinking I can still tell them to stop this, I can say no, I've changed my mind, don't do it, because even though I know she can't live, the thought of losing her is devastating. And every time, I let them do it, I don't say anything, and then it is too late. And every time I know I've made the right decision, but that doesn't help.

Here's the part where I write about her, and say what a good sled dog she was, and how she lived up to her name, and how she always threw herself headlong at life, but I don't have the heart anymore. I loved her. She's dead.

Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Some people never have pets and never really understand, but to any that do, you know that they're not an animal you own, they're part of your family.

I still remember walking our old dog Bess around the vet's car park. Even to this day it brings a tear to my eye and like you I nearly said no and walked away, but she was suffering and at the end of the day, it was better she got to go peacefully and not in any more pain.

It never gets easier, but as hard as it is to lose that friend, try to remember how much she enjoyed life with you.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
davicurtistaggart

howl ofmourning

awww! :cry: if you imagine you feel a very tight hug around your legs,i hope you'll know who's there.i hope for the best for you in this hard time