Rykolyn and Metagaming

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Xanthalas
Loremaster

Rykolyn and Metagaming

Post by Xanthalas »

You're walking along, You realize it's getting dark, you stumble into a tall robed figure, his face is wrapped, but he's almost elven, but not quite. If you're lucky, he'll smile faintly. You look at him, and read the text floating above his head....

WAIT. WHAT!?!?

Exactly.

Does not matter if I -am- So'riatin or not.

I do not wear their colors
I do not use their name.
I do not share their blood. (-No- resemblance people,)
I do not even smell like them. (Ryk doesn't live with other Drow, period.)
I do not wear -any- symbols.
I do not even look like most Drow.

So unless you've been around long enough to make the assumption. (And I know who is or isn't, so don't try to lie to me.)

You cannot assume I am affiliated with -any- house or station.

I resemble one person, vaguely, and he's not known to many. That is:
Elvanbryn.

No house in the Underdark has the colors Rykolyn wears.

You'll be pushing it to see under his wrappings and robes and gloves and sometimes fully wrapped face, to know he's even Drow. But past that, other than knowing your history real well, (Not likely IC, to know Ryk's story.) You will not be able to say much. Does that mean you can't be paranoid? Of course not! In fact, I'd recommend it, short tempers and all. But to assume any kind of ties based upon no IC information is METAGAMING.
So ignore those magic floating words above my head.

Get it?

Got it?

Good.
Last edited by Xanthalas on Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

Clarification:

This is aimed at no one, I've just read through a bunch of sympathetic PM's haha. It's just happened before. Couple of things to clarify.

There is, in fact, no blood relation between Rykolyn, and any So'Riatin, at all.
The reasons I point that out, is that I've had people say I "share" their scent.

Uh... No.

Two, I don't look like them, other than being Drow. And vaguely at that, since Ryk's from a very different place anyways.

FOIG

It's a simple concept, use common sense.
If you aren't sure. Then don't assume.

Some of you have asked if you would know, or perhaps, There's a few blurry lines, but really it's only a problem if it's going to change something ICly, most of the people in those blurry areas, either love, or hate, Ryk for several other reasons, so it's really irrelevant.
Last edited by Xanthalas on Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

Furthermore, There's also a few things that might be known generally, regarding Rykolyn.

And Lord Droke/Vilmiathien So'Riatin, can vouch.

I've been seen fighting -against- her.
On more than two occasions, one notable one was in South Camp, where there was several witnesses. (Others were usually in secluded places)

And since been seen conversing with her, but rarely, and groups were sometimes had but usually in a large mixed group.

So the few of you who have been around long enough to assume his name used to be So'Riatin, would also have been around long enough to have picked up this kind of stuff too.

There's a few exceptions, and you know who you are. And honestly people, like some already have done, Why don't you just -ask- me?

Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

*This posting has Arkon's Seal of Approval and Authenticity*
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Lord Droke
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Lord Droke »

All correct ....
even the part of not smelling like the So'Riatin's *holds nose* He probably smells more surfacer than drow :P
"Professional assasination is the highest form of public service" - Chiun, Master of Sinanju
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

Edited for spelling and clarity, and mostly.
  • BUMPING.