Arrows and inventory

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

solitude_peace
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Arrows and inventory

Post by solitude_peace »

How does the game engine choose the next bundle of arrows that I fire? It's a little frustrating to find that I've reached into my pack and am now using the very, very, very special arrows.

DT
JD Smith
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by JD Smith »

I think it chooses the most inappropriate ones each time it reloads. For example ... if I'm on Avlis and fighting Ice Elementals - it seems to auto load the frigid arrows I have; not the acid arrows I just used up and had brought many of specifically for use against the Ice Elementlas. Then; when fighting Water Elementlas; it seems to auto load the fire arrows I had (also for use against the Ice Elementals); and of course; the Water Elementals are immne to fire ...

Either that or it seems to pick out the most expensive ones first.

I was once told that it takes the last handled arrows ... but I have never noticed it actuallt doing that.

I have enev gone so fare as to take the arrows out of quivers/bags and place them all on an empty inventory page ... in order from top to botton that I wished used ... and in order from bottom to top ... I still saw them get taken out of the ends and middle.

I have no bloody clue ....
Last edited by JD Smith on Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

I have heard, and I don't know how true it is, that it picks the last bunch of arrows that you picked up or moved within your inventory.
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
miyafawyn
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by miyafawyn »

I keep hearing that, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I have also been told it is the first available stack in your invantory, but that doesn't seem to work either.

I have yet to figure out a way to auto-use the correct arrows I want. Maybe the most expensive first, is closer to the truth, as it always seems to be the exact arrows I DON'T want to use! :lol:

What I do is set them out in the order I want to use them right before battle, and, (outside of a bag), hotkey a few stacks. Then, when I see the Yellow warning "you are getting low", I can equip the next stack without having to open my invantory. If I have to open my invantory, I don't have to find them, as I set them out in order prior.

Slight pain, but, works better then having my best arrows eaten by the engine when you are fighting beetles. 8)
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

I believe it does it in order of most to least expensive in toolset value.
corwink
Wiki Pioneer

Post by corwink »

I've had it go from +1 arrows to normal arrows, skipping the holy, acid, fire, or other stack of +1's before.

I don't use the bow much so usually i don't have the problem. Before i set out I make sure my equipped stack is full, and between battles i recheck it keep it full.

But it's usually a day or two before I use a whole stack up even with out checking.
Gone
solitude_peace
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by solitude_peace »

lol...

And here I thought I was asking a stupid, obvious question...
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

It may well be random.