Re: Sunday = Arkon's Day

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Re: Sunday = Arkon's Day

Post by Gregpooh »

Arkon Wrote:
I will be attempting to DM an event every Sunday at approximately 6pm Central time. These events will be open to pretty much anyone who wants to be involved in them. Though do please try to have an IC reason for being involved.

The current plot for next Sunday March, 23rd is

"Bahamut's Tooth"
I was wondering if the above still applied to Arkon's adventure? There was no public notice given of the most recent adventure (Sun, March 30). Also I have heard the event referred to several times as a "Celestial Order Mission". I am, therefore a little confused.

I do thank Arkon for dropping Seamus (and later Luke) into the adventuring group in ways that left no IC doubt that someone wanted them to be there. I have heard from others, however, who were also present at the beginning of this adventure (back on the 16th) that they felt left out by the way this most recent installment was handled. Can we please get some guidance on this before it leads to hard feelings? No one wants to be someplace they feel unwanted.

I know the first, aborted attempt on easter Sunday garnered so much attention that it filled the server to capacity. Many people are thrilled to see Arkon back, and want to be a part of what is going on. I understand completely that a group that size would be horribly unmanageable, but there must be a happy medium between that and the clandestine approach that was used last Sunday.

It seems like this would be a great adventure to "Baptize" the new Ysgard protectorate "Super-Group" as many people from organizations other than the CO were present when the Dragon first appeared to start this Adventure.

Thank you, and Continued Happy Hala-ing.

Gregpooh.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

I believe the "clandesdine approach" was an attempt to keep the numbers manageable and an attempt to give a priority to characters who have an IC reason to be there. It looks like there was also a miscommunication by the direction a guild was given by a DM and the direction the DM gave to other players.

Yes some people seen the dragon and were invited by proxy, others showed up because they OOCly heard about the event.

Now I don't think hearing about something OOCly and dropping in is that big of a deal but if it's a case of a full server and having to choose between a servers native players and another servers players who OOCly heard about it, priority should be given to the servers native players.

Key word in Arkons post, people who have an IC reason to be there.
Last edited by T'Holoth Shadowborn on Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
miyafawyn
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by miyafawyn »

Rather then ask publicly, I sent a PM asking the exact same question. This was Arkon's reply:
Arkon wrote:The "secrecy" involved was due to the fact that on the original sunday of the event we had numerous people who had no IC reason to be there. Therefore it was decided to keep it under raps a bit more. As it stands.. anyone who has an IC reason to know about what's going on is invited to take part in the events. Everyone who was there that day should have been contacted... If you weren't then it was an oversite only and not something that was intentional... unless of course your Alignment goes completely against the norm of those involved.

I hadn't finished it yet, but this evening I was finishing up a PM to Sara, Tris, and Corwin with the names a few people who (like several of us) were there on the 16th but also left out of the invitation list.

I know feelings were hurt on a half-dozen counts, but I also choose to believe Sara when she told me it wasn't personal.

I play under the assumption that most of us here have the maturity to address any IC issues (or OOC for that mater) with the player or character we have a problem with - if there is anything that needs to be addressed one-on-one. Meaning: I am assuming that anyone without an alignment issue that was not included and should have been, was not purposefully left out just to be mean; that it was more a matter of not as well coordinated as I know the people who tried would have liked.
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

As was explained to us on our forums, this is a Celestial Order plot. Our orders are coming straight from our Gods, therefore we are IC'ly organizing things.

When I first posted about the mission Easter Sunday, I had no idea that many people would show up. Half of them that did don't know hardly anything about the CO and were there for the event only. In other words:
Though do please try to have an IC reason for being involved.
was ignored.

Also, I don't know about you but for me trying to get through a plot with 30 other people through lag and crashes is never fun.

Thats why the second invitation was done privately with some team direction. And again, if you were left out it was nothing personal.

And not to be bitchy, but I should also add a warning that the people who are participating in this plot are being closely watched IC'ly. Remember you guys are dealing with a LG organisation. Whether you were invited by us, the "gods", or you just showed up, if we deem you untrustworthy because of your IC actions, you can expect some unpleasant IC consequences.
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

All very good post regarding this. Yes... the invitation STILL stands for any who was involved in the very first encounter that preluded this plot. Any who was not invited on this past Sunday's mission happened due to one of two reasons. Either you were forgotten (there were many people there that day and I didn't write down names) or there was an IC reason for the Celestial Order and it's affiliates to not what that character there.

If you have questions about whether or not you can/should be involved you can PM me and state your case afterwhich time I will inform the necessary people if it is deemed you need to be ICly invited. Else if I deem you should be there I will find a way to ICly bring you into the plot.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

I was at the training mission when the dragon first appeared. (See Xune's notes as to who attended) So I knew about the "event" from the "beginning" so's to speak. I consider that an IC reason to show up or to be "invited".

I understand that Easter Sunday suddenly we had people appearing that had no IC reason to be there. I was with Soleis last Sunday when he told us he was meeting you and the others, and he told us the reason was the "aborted" meeting of the previous week. Xune, Nerice and Gildan were also at the keep as well.

To answer as to if Aria is a Defender. The Defenders have not had a meeting since late last year. I was asked IC by Soleis, Gildan and Seamus to join as they are really on the only active Defenders currently playing and they certainly didn't tell me I couldn't say I was one. And Aria accepted. So, yes IC she says she is one. Am I supposed to wait for some secret handshake and funny hat? :wink:

Sorry, but the way I was initially treated on Sunday made me very upset. And I don't mind if people know Aria's alignment is CG. She is a member of the Temple of Sune and has never shown any evil actions toward anyone. She even redeemed a bad guy for goodness sake!

And thank you Silver and Arkon for your explanation. I'm glad it was nothing personal and just an oversight. And I agree, large party lag is a hassle. :wink:
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
miyafawyn
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by miyafawyn »

As was explained to us on our forums, this is a Celestial Order plot. Our orders are coming straight from our Gods, therefore we are IC'ly organizing things.
And that was exactly the piece of information that was missing from one week to the next that caused so much confusion. I would humbly suggest that next time it be considered to at least amend the original announcement with a short explanation of such, so people can at least be aware OOC.

And not to be bitchy, but I should also add a warning that the people who are participating in this plot are being closely watched IC'ly. Remember you guys are dealing with a LG organisation. Whether you were invited by us, the "gods", or you just showed up, if we deem you untrustworthy because of your IC actions, you can expect some unpleasant IC consequences.
Totally understandable. I would assume that, again, any issues or problems would be taken up IC with the char involved, not the player being ignored.

All in all, I think the plot is awesome, and I think everyone involved is doing as good a job as they can. I only answered this post and sent my PM's to try and help mend some quite hurt feelings and offer some suggestions to be helpful so we can all have fun.. not to be critical or to complain. 8)
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

silverdragonams wrote:And not to be bitchy, but I should also add a warning that the people who are participating in this plot are being closely watched IC'ly. Remember you guys are dealing with a LG organisation. Whether you were invited by us, the "gods", or you just showed up, if we deem you untrustworthy because of your IC actions, you can expect some unpleasant IC consequences.
I hope I have never shown anything to the members of the CO to be construed that Aria is not trustworthy or of evil intent. Granted being a CG character, she doesn't necessarily like following military orders (and if a greater good is served ignoring them, she will do so), but she won't go out of her way to outright ignore them. Like most people, she will follow reasonable orders.

And I think members of the Order who know her well, will vouch for her. At least I hope so. :D

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
T'Holoth Shadowborn

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

Tremayne,

detaching from the thread a moment (while still related to) I'm going to bring up something in the past that was put to rest.

A while ago players on Hala were not very active save for the celestial order with DM events. I believe this was before the Celestial players vs demon players but it might be after, in any case- The celestial players were the most active and logically became involved in a lot of DM events.

Now when I say not active I would say they were more reactive to events. Many would just sit and wait for an event to be dropped on their lap. They wouldnt put in much IC effort on the boards or in game. Members of the celestials however did.

The Celestials DID try and include as many people as they could without cheesing and inviting CE black guards to the event.
Some players however were pissed off because they felt the guild was trying to monopolize DM events and werekeeping IC information from their PCs.

The celestials in some case were, in fact, keeping information. Two reasons. This was both because we felt players interested in events we spawned should mirror the IC efforts that others put forward AND said layers would sit around the fire all day ad all night and ICly bash the celestial guild and its members. After IC bashing the guild these players expected the guild to invite them to their events. Thats silly, no one is going to do that. These players had themselves to blame for not being included due to their IC behavior both in their bashing and PC make up-evil voice set, evil picture, passive agressive attitude, argumentitive etc..

Now I'm not saying the current issue has anything to do with this. I haven't seen this behavior from players at all, the reason I posted that blurg us to point out some history on the issue.

I'm glad everyone seems to realize that while we all want each other to have a good time, in character restrictions will at times limit players involvement. As far as we are concerned, we try and include as many people as we can. Sometimes an event may be restricted to the guild or aligned guilds with aligned/friendly guilds from other worlds all the while keeping in consideraton the restruction on numbers able to attend.

If the Arkaz guards for example sent us a letter and asked for a few guild members to help beat up a demon in an event, we'd pick 3 or 4 guild members and send them. Depending on our turn out we may invite others. We wouldn't

Being included in guild events is one of the benefits of being IN a guild.
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on the matter. Thanks Arkon for chiming in and putting things to bed for us.

I would like to say, however, that I think Miyafawyn is right in pointing out that there was nothing in Arkon's original announcement that made this out to be in any way a Celestial Order Exclusive event. In fact, he has gone out of his way to have Dragons show up and smack down people OTHER than the CO so that they will have a reason to get involved.

Perhaps, because he used Almara as a mechanism to get the CO involved, (and perhaps because of some of what Tholoth pointed out in the history) some people felt the event was going to be the CO's bailiwick. That seems to run counter to what was stated publicly and was likely the cause of much of the confusion/consternation.

As for many people showing up, and 'ignoring' the Have some IC motivation for being there.. Sara made a public, IC post about this event. Any character reading that post can argue having a valid IC reason to show up and see what was going on, even if they are only a curiosity seeker. Now, that doesn't mean that every character who shows up to find out what was happening would be immediately invited to come along (See IC/ Alignment discussions above) But you certainly can't say it was out of character for them to know about it.
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Thanks T'Holoth for the History lesson.

Aria is involved with three groups on Hala, The Defenders, The Temple of Sune and is a student at the Tower of Iron Will.

I'd also like to nudge Sara for another training session... *HINT, HINT* The first one has really been beneficial for us for the past several events. Can we have another one? Please? *bats hazel brown eyes, does the puppy dog eyes and looks hopeful*

darkserra
Craftmaster

Post by darkserra »

*points to all of the above*

...and this is why I don't choose to participate in plots.

*walks off in disgust*
-- [i]People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.[/i]
George Orwell
albonia

Post by albonia »

Some of the Amazons did attended for the first session that was canceled. But although i knew about Sundays event OOC nothing was said to Ginah or the Amazons and no messages was received.

I took that as a sign that the Amazons were not included so none of us attended this Sunday event.
A quote from a mage, without my magic I am just an Elf in a bathrobe.
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Gregpooh wrote:Perhaps, because he used Almara as a mechanism to get the CO involved, (and perhaps because of some of what Tholoth pointed out in the history) some people felt the event was going to be the CO's bailiwick. That seems to run counter to what was stated publicly and was likely the cause of much of the confusion/consternation
Actually, the original Dragon that was the starting point of the event introduced itself as a messenger of Bahamut and that Bahamut requested the assistance of the Celestial Order and it's friends. Pretty conclusive I'd say.

Sara is the only true faithful of Bahamut and Almara is the founder and overall controlling power of the Celestial Order. That these two gods are pulling the strings for this event which again is a fairly blatent indication of who it's aimed at.
T wrote:After IC bashing the guild these players expected the guild to invite them to their events.

This still occurs now and quite frankly, annoys the hell out of us. I hate to break it to those that want to jump on the CO-bashing bandwagon, but then play friends the following week - we collectively have long memories and as has been stated before - extensive IC information on people that the order has any reason to dislike or not trust. This information is not restricted purely to 'evil' PC's.
Tremayne wrote:I hope I have never shown anything to the members of the CO to be construed that Aria is not trustworthy or of evil intent. Granted being a CG character, she doesn't necessarily like following military orders (and if a greater good is served ignoring them, she will do so), but she won't go out of her way to outright ignore them. Like most people, she will follow reasonable orders.

And I think members of the Order who know her well, will vouch for her. At least I hope so.
I refer you once again to my previous point. Alignments are not the only things we watch as a guild. Character actions are also a big part of who we will trust and/or share information with - which in turn dictates who we as a guild will or won't invite on missions. I'm not singling you out here, simply using it as a hypothetical example.
Tremayne wrote:I was at the training mission when the dragon first appeared. (See Xune's notes as to who attended) So I knew about the "event" from the "beginning" so's to speak. I consider that an IC reason to show up or to be "invited".
Unfortunately here you are mistaken. While you may see this as an IC reason to be involved, it is ~not~ a reason for the CO as a guild to feel it necessary to include you.
Silverdragonams wrote:And not to be bitchy, but I should also add a warning that the people who are participating in this plot are being closely watched IC'ly. Remember you guys are dealing with a LG organisation. Whether you were invited by us, the "gods", or you just showed up, if we deem you untrustworthy because of your IC actions, you can expect some unpleasant IC consequences.
This is the point which is so often glossed over when convenient by people in plots. While Arkon has the final say on who he does and doesn't include in these plots, it has no bearing in the slightest on how they will be viewed and/or dealt with by the CO. We are not going to metagame and ignore our own PC's alignment's, belief's and consideration's just so that other people can join in as the best of friends for all the DM love.

One final point I would like to make to all those that didn't receive a direct invite. I have seen nothing in my inbox requesting information or to join the mission and neither has Sara. Even just an emote on the boards that you're hanging around the keep at least indicates interest. Once again, this is not a direct stab at anyone, just a suggestion that you could try contacting us now and again rather than just turning up on the guild's doorstep when you know there's an event. We're by no means perfect and there were a ~lot~ of people that turned up Easter Sunday so it wouldn't have hurt for people to also contact us and then you would have been told IC'ly if you were invited. Had we said no and Arkon said yes, again, that's his call.

I'm not going to be drawn any further into this discussion because to be honest, it just annoys me when posts like this appear when they could have been dealt with privately. Apparently contrary to popular belief, we're not out to steal the limelight and this will be the first specifically CO run event in a long, long time, so excuse us if we get just a little peeved when we're then accused of not OOC'ly (and yes, it is purely OOC'ly) inviting every Tom, Dick and Harry along for the ride. :roll:

It's Arkon's plot and if he wished to inlvolve you, so be it. How this will be received IC'ly, you will just have to find out.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
silverdragonams
Head DM

Tremayne7 wrote: I'd also like to nudge Sara for another training session... *HINT, HINT* The first one has really been beneficial for us for the past several events. Can we have another one? Please? *bats hazel brown eyes, does the puppy dog eyes and looks hopeful*
I have every intention of holding all of the training sessions listed in my IC note, as well as ~possibly~ a session for battlemages if there is enough interest from the magi. I have some ideas for carrying out these classes that will hopefully make them a lot of fun. It's just a matter of escaping my husband and kids for a whole Saturday or Sunday :?

This would also be a good time to point out that you don't have to wait around for a DM to hold your own events. That's what groups and guilds are for. Being a Defender doesn't mean anything if you don't do anything. And whatever happened to The Temple of Sune's Friday night storytelling and songs?
Characters:

Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Psye Shaar wrote:Actually, the original Dragon that was the starting point of the event introduced itself as a messenger of Bahamut and that Bahamut requested the assistance of the Celestial Order and it's friends. Pretty conclusive I'd say.

Sara is the only true faithful of Bahamut and Almara is the founder and overall controlling power of the Celestial Order. That these two gods are pulling the strings for this event which again is a fairly blatent indication of who it's aimed at.
No, it isn't. Sorry to disagree, but if that was the case then the Dragon should have stated at the time it was a mission for the CO only and "Friends" I took to mean those present. Please see Arkon's comments above. It sounded to me like a call for help from everyone who was there. If I truly am not wanted, then tell me now and I will pull out. I don't want to play where I, the player or Aria is not wanted and if I must bow out now, then I will do so.

I'm not trying to bash the CO, please understand that. What I wanted was some clarification for the me, the player which I have received. From my and Aria's point of view it was a cry for help with no one group singled out. Amazons, Defenders, CO be damned it was a cry for help. And cries for help are not ignored.

Since I have been playing in Hala, there have been no specific missions aimed at any one group. I thought all the "guilds" worked together to protect Hala and fight threats. If this is an "invite only" event, then fine. I will as stated above bow out if I am asked to do so IC.

Psye Sharr wrote:This is the point which is so often glossed over when convenient by people in plots. While Arkon has the final say on who he does and doesn't include in these plots, it has no bearing in the slightest on how they will be viewed and/or dealt with by the CO. We are not going to metagame and ignore our own PC's alignment's, belief's and consideration's just so that other people can join in as the best of friends for all the DM love.

One final point I would like to make to all those that didn't receive a direct invite. I have seen nothing in my inbox requesting information or to join the mission and neither has Sara. Even just an emote on the boards that you're hanging around the keep at least indicates interest. Once again, this is not a direct stab at anyone, just a suggestion that you could try contacting us now and again rather than just turning up on the guild's doorstep when you know there's an event. We're by no means perfect and there were a ~lot~ of people that turned up Easter Sunday so it wouldn't have hurt for people to also contact us and then you would have been told IC'ly if you were invited. Had we said no and Arkon said yes, again, that's his call.
I'd like to say in my own humble defense, I didn't know I was supposed to contact you or Sara about being included in the event. Again see my above comments. Yes, I played Hala some in 2006, but had to drop out because the graphics card was so screwed up I had to restart the game after every transition. Every event I've been involved before that and since then was not hosted by any one guild. It was an open to anyone who wished to aid the cause. Yes, we had a Festival of Sune in November, but we took pains to make sure everyone who wished to attend was included. So forgive me for not knowing the proper etiquette to follow, I will do so in the future.
Psye Sharr wrote:I'm not going to be drawn any further into this discussion because to be honest, it just annoys me when posts like this appear when they could have been dealt with privately. Apparently contrary to popular belief, we're not out to steal the limelight and this will be the first specifically CO run event in a long, long time, so excuse us if we get just a little peeved when we're then accused of not OOC'ly (and yes, it is purely OOC'ly) inviting every Tom, Dick and Harry along for the ride. :roll:

It's Arkon's plot and if he wished to inlvolve you, so be it. How this will be received IC'ly, you will just have to find out.
I simply wished to respond to your statements from my point of view. Please forgive me if I wish to address them so you understand where I am coming from. I do believe that the situation did need to addressed publicly because if the CO is going to be hosting events and this is how they are to be handled because of past history, then yes, we the players need to know so that way there are no hurt feelings or confusion like there was on Sunday. And we can act properly OOC'ly and IC'ly. Many of us are not "Old Timers" and do not know these things. And certainly there has been no reason to question the way things were handled prior to this happening.
Silverdragonams wrote:This would also be a good time to point out that you don't have to wait around for a DM to hold your own events. That's what groups and guilds are for. Being a Defender doesn't mean anything if you don't do anything. And whatever happened to The Temple of Sune's Friday night storytelling and songs?
I didn't know we used to do that. We haven't done that since I've returned the end of September. We were holding bardic classes with EE, but I have not seen him active either in game or on the Forums to schedule another one. We did schedule a storytelling session at the Cavalier Hall just after Christmas, but we only got a few people to show up for it.

And yes, there will be a player run event here shortly. The wedding of Gildan and Rachael. I'd like to schedule that for sometime next month as hopefully people will have freer time as classes should be out for a bit and summer school shouldn't have started yet.

Gods, how I'll pull that off I don't know. :D

And the Defenders were trying to hold meetings every other Friday, but RL has prevented us from finding a good night to hold practices when a majority can attend.

albonia

Post by albonia »

I did ask for information when Ginah and the Amazons turned up for the Easter Sunday non event. I was told that a message with details would be sent to me but i did not receive anything. I just assumed the Amazons were not on the invite list and left it at that.
silverdragonams
Head DM

No, it isn't. Sorry to disagree, but if that was the case then the Dragon should have stated at the time it was a mission for the CO only and "Friends" I took to mean those present. Please see Arkon's comments above. It sounded to me like a call for help from everyone who was there. If I truly am not wanted, then tell me now and I will pull out. I don't want to play where I, the player or Aria is not wanted and if I must bow out now, then I will do so
No offence, but when the messenger came we were holding an "OPEN" training session; meaning we only kicked out those who were obviously evil. Friendship had nothing to do with it. Yes, some friends showed up and that's always nice. But, many of those who attended were people we'd just met. Again, I mean no offence to ANYONE, but Sara doesn't make friends that easy. She's been betrayed too many times for that.

This also has nothing to do with anyone as a player. In fact, Tremayne, I think as a player you are a very sweet person. Sara's attitude towards Aria however is based entirely on her IC actions, and any issues she has with Aria will probably be brought up soon.
I did ask for information when Ginah and the Amazons turned up for the Easter Sunday non event. I was told that a message with details would be sent to me but i did not receive anything. I just assumed the Amazons were not on the invite list and left it at that.

I do apologise for this, it is entirely my fault. I had every intention on filling Ginah in on the situation. My only excuse i a lack of time. However, it has come up in IC discussion where the Amazons are and why they haven't been active lately. Sara has no idea who is still in the Amazons anymore.
Characters:

albonia

Post by albonia »

I do apologise for this, it is entirely my fault. I had every intention on filling Ginah in on the situation. My only excuse i a lack of time. However, it has come up in IC discussion where the Amazons are and why they haven't been active lately. Sara has no idea who is still in the Amazons anymore.

Sara apologies accepted its no big thing. I was just unsure if the Amazons were invited and i did not want to impose us if we were not. The situation with the Amazons has been a bit disordered for a while but now they seem to be getting back to normal. This board is not the place to discuss this but i will send you a message to explain things.
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

This is the only line you need to read:
It's Arkon's plot and if he wished to inlvolve you, so be it.
If Arkon wants you involved, you will be involved, regardless of alignment, affliations and your standing with the CO. How you will be involved will differ based on these factors.
Gregpooh

Post by Gregpooh »

NWDuneAuron wrote:This is the only line you need to read:
If Arkon wants you involved, you will be involved, regardless of alignment, affliations and your standing with the CO. How you will be involved will differ based on these factors.
Wow..

*Doffs his cap to Dune*

I don't think a simpler, yet more elegant, response to this issue is possible. I salute you, sir.
Coyoterex
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Coyoterex »

I think that Arkaz and Hala have the best relationship between any two worlds I have seen in copap. I know personally, I have great respect and affection for all the Hala players I have met on Hala or when they have visited Arkaz.

I do agree that natives of the server the event is on should get top priority to attend the event. Those of us that had attended the Easter Sunday portion had talked a bit ooc, and already decided to bow out of further events to make room for Hala natives, until we did receive word to attend. I do want to thank Hala for the hospitality, and hope we can return the graciousness and welcome that we received when you visit Arkaz.
Diego DeLeonne
Mayor of Nuvar
[i]Because to do good, you must look good.[/i]
DorianHawkwind

Post by DorianHawkwind »

I can honestly attest that Vrok was one of the "additional" people on the Ysgard server. As a "Player", I had heard that there was an event that was on-going, but that the event was for the Celestial Order. Considering that Vrok is highly evil--he never attempted to enter the event and was happily adventuring with a small group. Got a message from a DM that the server was full and requested that people not participating leave...and he did.

Like Diego mentioned in his posting I believe the native characters of the Plane should have preference to DM sponsored events. I had no idea it was going to be that large of an event or else I would have logged in somewhere else. :D

~Dorian Hawkwind
solitude_peace

Post by solitude_peace »

I love this discussion... really. That it can and does take place outside of the game makes these servers a better place to play.
I can honestly attest that Vrok was one of the "additional" people on the Ysgard server. As a "Player", I had heard that there was an event that was on-going, but that the event was for the Celestial Order. Considering that Vrok is highly evil--he never attempted to enter the event and was happily adventuring with a small group. Got a message from a DM that the server was full and requested that people not participating leave...and he did.

Like Diego mentioned in his posting I believe the native characters of the Plane should have preference to DM sponsored events. I had no idea it was going to be that large of an event or else I would have logged in somewhere else. Very Happy

~Dorian Hawkwind
... Love it! You don't have to be there to help the event happen. Sometimes just getting out of the way can be a huge help.
This is the only line you need to read:

Quote:

... and if a DM is going to all the trouble to run an event just have enough respect to let them run it the way they want to. There just might be a good reason that they've structured it "just so".

As this and the other plots progress, thank you to the Team and all of those that "play nice".

*steps off the soap box*
DT
ChukchiDog
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by ChukchiDog »

Nooo!!!!! I wrote a big long reply, and then it all went away; waah! So maybe I wasn't meant to weigh in on this issue.

But let me just say a few things regarding Gildan and Rachael's wedding, since it was mentioned:

1.) I am in no hurry to do the wedding; it'll happen when it happens. Even though traditionally the groom just gets told what to do :), I'd rather it not get scheduled until I feel comfortable that I won't have to rush to be ready for it. I'm still in the stages of just thinking about what I might want in regard to it; I've not even done any research yet.

2.) I want a bachelor party first. :)

3. Grimm and Dameon will NOT be invited to either one. So there! :D
Gildan: "I'm not as good as I once was, but i'm as good once as I ever was."

"I'm stubborn as those garbage bags that time cannot decay; I'm junk, but I'm still holding up this little wild bouquet." -Leonard Cohen, "Democracy"