question about dragon disciples on hala

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

slave_of_emotions
Squire: Church of Pants

question about dragon disciples on hala

Post by slave_of_emotions »

I got some small questions about how they are handlet here on hala.

One thing is if one have to rp a red dragon disciple as the class name or if its possible to rp one of a another colour (gold dragon and brass dragons are both fire dragons and dragon disciple of them get per PHP fire breath, so it would not be actually cheesing ? )

And if one of the manifestation* of exploring they draconic heritage has to be a alingment shift to CE with rising levels (I dont enjoy playing chaotic evil characters)

Post by Guest »

Even though playing other colors seems fantastic. It would be waaaay to cheesy to be a RDD and claim you're a GDD or SDD or something.
slave_of_emotions

Coloures wrote:Even though playing other colors seems fantastic. It would be waaaay to cheesy to be a RDD and claim you're a GDD or SDD or something.
How about the second part, do they have to be evil :twisted: ?
ApproachingWinter
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by ApproachingWinter »

No they do not have to be evil, you have to realise that you're a person who has been raised their whole life as a humanoid in a humanoid setting. You weren't born top red dragons or raised by red dragons so it wouldn't make ALOT of sense for you to start turning evil. Perhaps an alignment shift more towards neutral would make sense but I see no reason why you would have to be evil.
“Divine being creates petting zoo. It gets out of hand.”
- The Bible (summarised by John W. Mangrum)

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
Edgar Allan Poe (1809 - 1849), "Eleonora"

Characters: Kal Shadowhand, Streea Arisa.
slave_of_emotions

Thanks, asking after my RDD got sudently shifted towards CE after playing him for 6 mounths on a server where i was for long, so this time im asking ahead :)
Sable
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Sable »

I would say that if you are enforcing the Red in RDD, then yes, you would need to be evil... otherwise you'd be dead. You are a disciple to a Red dragon, it will brook no weakness (not living up to the CE alignment), to be weak is to die.
"Abash'd the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely” John Milton
slave_of_emotions

Sable wrote:I would say that if you are enforcing the Red in RDD, then yes, you would need to be evil... otherwise you'd be dead. You are a disciple to a Red dragon, it will brook no weakness (not living up to the CE alignment), to be weak is to die.
Ehm you are not literaly a disciple of a red dragon, you might have never met a red dragon, you are actually more a disciple of that heritage (afterborn of red dragons), exploring it and allowing it to influence you. If you dont act mroe and more like a dragon of that sort then you should be unable to take levels in that class, thats why i ask if one of the influences that have to happen is a alingment shift to CE. (There are million other ways to act like a (red) dragon then being chaotic evil and are even more important)

And i will for ever blame Bioware for ading only one Dragon disciple colour :evil:
Sable
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Sable »

I agree that more should have been added. Personally I ignore the Red in RDD, but if the teams view is that it must be *Red*, then I would be of the opinion that you must got along with the theme (CE even by your view on them and the fact you would choose another colour to fit your alignment should you have the option to do so - infering you believe that colour should have an effect on alignment, but wish otherwise as you do not want to play CE).

However, none of us are Team members, so we can debate this till the cows come home and it counts for nothing, only the team can make the call.
"Abash'd the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely” John Milton
timb

Post by timb »

If you want RDD you MUST play red dragon blood. If CoPaP would include dragon disciples for the other colors that got their own innate breath weapons it would be feasible, but as of now, it isn't.

You could, in theory, play any alignment you wanted as a RDD, two alignments come to mind that fit fairly well for a Human RDD, LE and CN, but, it's really up to you.

-Timothy
slave_of_emotions

Thank you for the answer :D even one i was hopeing for :lol:
Though im not planing on making one is good to know one does have this option open :)

And sorry for some of the question but i got abit schocked and scared from the last server i was playing on, it took me even long before my poor methael showed people his beautyful, not so shiny horns to people on hala.
Zelle
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Zelle »

Was it Methael you were going to try to take to be RDD? Just asking because I know you have wizard instead of sorc on him, and with humanoid as well, you cannot become a RDD with that character.
<Hoplite> Prop your digging yourself he hugest hole ever bro
<Prophecy67> could be
* Lie takes the shovel from Prophecy67
<Hoplite> Your using a back hoe, drunk, in a china shop
<Prophecy67> The hoe
<Prophecy67> is she cute ?
<Hoplite> Considering your drunk, yes
slave_of_emotions

Yes i know and no, he have as well already 3 classes.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Just as a reminder to all players. RDD is a prestige class, so do yourself, and us a favor. Do not create a character with the sole purpose of making him an RDD unless you have sent the DM staff a request for it along with a good background story surrounding it. The reason I say this is because you may think the character is worthy of the PrC... but we may not. We treat PrCs here the same way other worlds do. We give them to players and characters who have established themselves in the world. Characters that want PrCs that tend to require a lot of forehand roleplay such as Shifters and RDDs really should have a back up plan ready in case the team decides not to grant the request for whatever reason. If you have (prior to making the character) sent in a request to the team and it has been given a favorable decision, you are much more likely to gain the PrC when we deem it time. If you do not do this and do not get forehand approval... the chances are much lower that you will be granted these PrCs. Not saying you won't get them, the chances are not as high as someone who had obtained a favorable decision earlier on.

Though in both cases the Team reserves the right to refuse these PrCs.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
slave_of_emotions

To whom exactly do we have to send it in first line ? And Email or PM ?
Flakey

Post by Flakey »

I may be corrected but the team e-mail is :- hala-team@xwlegacy.net
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Sorry to drag an old forum back to the top, but i was just wondering what peoples current views were on how a prospective RDD PC would be played?

I've played an RDD in single player and liked the class, but that's a completely different kettle of fish... so what i'm after are current opinions, or whether you agree with what has been stated already...
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

I currently play a RDD. As I have gained more levels in the prc I have been making the character more prone to rash decisions and violence, essentially pushing the chaotic aspects of the dragon blood.

The main difficulty I have is portraying they physicial changes of the PRC. Without the ability to alter the characters description i have to emote my scales. Also the PNP version gets claw and bite attacks, which the NWN lacks, which is a shame cos claws are neat.

Shame the PRC lacks improved unarmed combat feat which would allow for claws
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Note for people contemplating playing an RDD.

DO NOT make the character prior to getting team consent to gain the PrC. RDD is a very exclusive class and we only give it out a certain sort of person that we deem worthy of it. Things we look for, longevity, RP ability, Rule abiding, etc.

The reason I say to not make a character that is intended to go RDD prior to getting team approval is simply this. The RDD build is damn near useless for anything but an RDD. I don't want to be put into the position where a person has already made the character and then asks for it, gets denied, and decides they no longer want to play the character.

Now, that being said, here are a few primary rules for Hala RDDs.

RULE #1: and the most important one: Hala RDDs have to be HALA MADE CHARACTERS> Your Sorc that comes over from Rockhome or Avlis will not ever be allowed to take the RDD class on Hala, so don't ask.

RULE #2: If you have ever broken a rule or been accused and found guilty of griefing, don't even bother asking for RDD, you won't get it.

RULE #3: Any character created with the intention of going RDD without prior approval from the team will automatically be disqualified from getting the PrC. Do not attempt to put us into that bind and think that by sending a My character will be useless sob story that we will break down and give you the PrC... you will be sorely mistaken.

Now, since these are new rules that are just now being posted up in this thread, any characters created prior to this that may be interested in becoming a RDD may still be eligable, but realize that it is a team decision, and don't hound us about it.... all that does is piss us off.
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Ok. Cheers for that Arkon. Think it covers most of what i was after...

As i mentioned in my PM this isn't a high priority at present but i will create a background for the character at some point in the reasonably near future and submit it to the team for your perusal (at your leisure of course :wink: )....
Things we look for, longevity, RP ability, Rule abiding, etc.
Well the RP ability and the rule abiding are obviously your decisions... but as for longevity.... at present i think i get more sleep at work than i do at home... suffice to say... you won't be getting rid of me in the near future :twisted:
Crystalactite

Post by Crystalactite »

Can a wemic be an RDD?
NWDuneAuron
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Crystalactite wrote:Can a wemic be an RDD?
Not in my lifetime. The idea of a character with str 36 pre-epic makes me queesy. (Theoretical max strength of 51, base. 63 with items. No.)
Kat J

Post by Kat J »

Just wait till the Dracon get here...
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Dracon will not be a Hala custom race so you won't be able to use them to make RDDs on Hala
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

Dracon will not be a Hala custom race so you won't be able to use them to make RDDs on Hala
And since there are no dragons native to avlis, you cannot take the RDD there correct?
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Kat J

Post by Kat J »

T'Holoth Shadowborn wrote:
And since there are no dragons native to avlis, you cannot take the RDD there correct?
No Red Dragons on Avlis so no RDD, yeah.