question about dragon disciples on hala

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Sorry to drag an old forum back to the top, but i was just wondering what peoples current views were on how a prospective RDD PC would be played?

I've played an RDD in single player and liked the class, but that's a completely different kettle of fish... so what i'm after are current opinions, or whether you agree with what has been stated already...
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

I currently play a RDD. As I have gained more levels in the prc I have been making the character more prone to rash decisions and violence, essentially pushing the chaotic aspects of the dragon blood.

The main difficulty I have is portraying they physicial changes of the PRC. Without the ability to alter the characters description i have to emote my scales. Also the PNP version gets claw and bite attacks, which the NWN lacks, which is a shame cos claws are neat.

Shame the PRC lacks improved unarmed combat feat which would allow for claws
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Note for people contemplating playing an RDD.

DO NOT make the character prior to getting team consent to gain the PrC. RDD is a very exclusive class and we only give it out a certain sort of person that we deem worthy of it. Things we look for, longevity, RP ability, Rule abiding, etc.

The reason I say to not make a character that is intended to go RDD prior to getting team approval is simply this. The RDD build is damn near useless for anything but an RDD. I don't want to be put into the position where a person has already made the character and then asks for it, gets denied, and decides they no longer want to play the character.

Now, that being said, here are a few primary rules for Hala RDDs.

RULE #1: and the most important one: Hala RDDs have to be HALA MADE CHARACTERS> Your Sorc that comes over from Rockhome or Avlis will not ever be allowed to take the RDD class on Hala, so don't ask.

RULE #2: If you have ever broken a rule or been accused and found guilty of griefing, don't even bother asking for RDD, you won't get it.

RULE #3: Any character created with the intention of going RDD without prior approval from the team will automatically be disqualified from getting the PrC. Do not attempt to put us into that bind and think that by sending a My character will be useless sob story that we will break down and give you the PrC... you will be sorely mistaken.

Now, since these are new rules that are just now being posted up in this thread, any characters created prior to this that may be interested in becoming a RDD may still be eligable, but realize that it is a team decision, and don't hound us about it.... all that does is piss us off.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Ok. Cheers for that Arkon. Think it covers most of what i was after...

As i mentioned in my PM this isn't a high priority at present but i will create a background for the character at some point in the reasonably near future and submit it to the team for your perusal (at your leisure of course :wink: )....
Things we look for, longevity, RP ability, Rule abiding, etc.
Well the RP ability and the rule abiding are obviously your decisions... but as for longevity.... at present i think i get more sleep at work than i do at home... suffice to say... you won't be getting rid of me in the near future :twisted:
Crystalactite
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Crystalactite »

Can a wemic be an RDD?
NWDuneAuron
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Crystalactite wrote:Can a wemic be an RDD?
Not in my lifetime. The idea of a character with str 36 pre-epic makes me queesy. (Theoretical max strength of 51, base. 63 with items. No.)
Kat J

Post by Kat J »

Just wait till the Dracon get here...
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Dracon will not be a Hala custom race so you won't be able to use them to make RDDs on Hala
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
T'Holoth Shadowborn

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

Dracon will not be a Hala custom race so you won't be able to use them to make RDDs on Hala
And since there are no dragons native to avlis, you cannot take the RDD there correct?
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Kat J

Post by Kat J »

T'Holoth Shadowborn wrote:
And since there are no dragons native to avlis, you cannot take the RDD there correct?
No Red Dragons on Avlis so no RDD, yeah.
Crystalactite

Post by Crystalactite »

If I kill Dune can I make a wemic RDD?
T'Holoth Shadowborn

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

Only if you make him go dev crit with scimitars
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.