Random Fun: How Tall is.....?

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

ambrosia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Random Fun: How Tall is.....?

Post by ambrosia »

Tremayne7 wrote:....And Aria's short. She's shorter than Lexy. :D She only comes to his nose really.....
*points up* That quote got me to pondering on some random Monday Fun!

How tall is [your character]?

How tall do think [insert whoever else] is?

For instance.. I have a mental image of Alexis being quite tall, however, it has just been implied that he is "short".

... Naturally, now I am really curious how tall *is* Lexy? :D
JD Smith

Post by JD Smith »

You 'forgot' to kick things off with your own height ...
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Morgan is 6'3, big lass :wink:
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

oh yes.. the "kick-off" ... :lol:

....with 5' 10" for Nerice.
Michiko
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Michiko »

Michiko - Always envisioned her to be about 5'6. not very tall but no runt either.

Aiko - About 5'4 - though the human model limits it she isn't supposed to be very tall, she's a nymph afterall
BishopsMate
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by BishopsMate »

Xune is 16 1/2 hands. 8)
Verandis

Post by Verandis »

I don't normally put exact numbers on the characters...usually I size them in comparison to the rest of their race.

Arcanen is supposed to be about 5'9" or so, which is fitting of sun elves, but it means he towers over most other elves on Ysgard.

Varian is about average height for a human, maybe 5'8"-5'10"

Lalant is short for an nanshi elf- that would make him 4'9" or so, I guess. Hmm....he must look pretty silly using a longbow if he's that short.
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

Seamus is a strapping Norse lad, so he's somewhere in the 6'3" to 6'4" range. He was a bit on the gawky/lanky side when he first came to Hala. As he trained, he became much more muscular and bulky. Since he began serious sword training (and then later Psion training), his build has taken on a more balanced look, more like an endurance athlete than a weight lifter.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
corwink
Wiki Pioneer

Post by corwink »

Always pictured Corwin as 6'1".

Kyle 5'11"

Dorak 4'6"
Gone
whirlin_merlin
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by whirlin_merlin »

NWN 2 has slider bars to adjust height and girth of human PCs. :)

Kria is fairly tall... 5'8" according to a Hades Wiki entry I made.
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

I'll have to see if Rudiki posts for Lexy before I comment on Aria. And guess I did start this.... :oops:

Peter on the other hand is 6'4" or 6'5" and is built like a construction worker or someone who does a lot of manual labor and lifting.

But yes, Aria does come to Lexy's nose. Look at our game icons. She does and that's how tall she is. :wink:
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
darkserra
Craftmaster

Post by darkserra »

I've always thought Manny would be about normal Human height....for modern humans that 5'8" to 5'10".... if we talk medieval humans, then about 5'5"... :)
-- [i]People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.[/i]
George Orwell
blue wolfy
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by blue wolfy »

ok compired to others close to them
Tremayne7 wrote:Peter on the other hand is 6'4" or 6'5" and is built like a construction worker or someone who does a lot of manual labor and lifting.
Cassie i see as being a tall model type, i would put her at about 5'9" to 5' 11"ish
Gregpooh wrote:Seamus is a strapping Norse lad, so he's somewhere in the 6'3" to 6'4" range. He was a bit on the gawky/lanky side when he first came to Hala. As he trained, he became much more muscular and bulky. Since he began serious sword training (and then later Psion training), his build has taken on a more balanced look, more like an endurance athlete than a weight lifter.
umm... frin is like three foot flat? kinda stocky, original was basicaly she had the build (and personality) of a walking powderkeg, not this evil 'cute' thing people been calling her

Coran thouh variable by nature stys in a base form of about 5'8" her body very athletic looking, usually very well toned and sleek

Tanaris is about 5'10" not super muscular but well defined.

Though most the time suki can lift bout 400-800pounds easy shes acctually sorta petite, Her mother was an elf, father a nymph so shes a tiny bit taller them most elves but shorter then humans and pure nymphs
thetamlyone
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by thetamlyone »

I've always said Uni was about 4'6" but she is taller than Dorak (She's always kissing him on the top of the head, which makes him embarrassed, but he likes it no matter what he says! :P) Guess I might have to make her a little taller if Dorak is 4'6"....maybe 4'11" or so...always pictured Dorak as a little shorter.... Also, it's occurred to me that the others aren't really 2 feet taller than she is, so I guess 4'11" it is.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Fun question!

And LOL Xune! 16 1/2 hands is a pretty big horse! Which shoulder were you measuring to?

I don't recall the exact wording, but in the description you see if you look for it of Lexy in game it says he is "short even for an Elf", and that he typically wears footwear that subtly enhances his stature, and that he stands as tall as he can, posture-wise.

I did not actually have an exact height in mind for him, but the book sez Elves are from 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 feet tall, so I suppose if he were at the low end of that he'd be unusually short for a male Elf, though of course the afore-mentioned would add a couple inches or so; maybe more, depending on choice of footwear. :)

His body is naturally small, slim, and frail, but very beautiful, and he has worked hard to become as fit as possible, so that he is a masterpiece in miniature, with a build like a dancer or a gymnast.

Since in this game you can't make the little representations of your character look exactly like your character, including adjusting the height, I don't judge height by how tall the character looks in game. It's funny, though; I do tend to see certain characters as being tall or short even so, if they're RPd that way.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
ChukchiDog
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by ChukchiDog »

Gildan is average height, so about 5'9". Maybe an inch shorter now, as you tend to lose height in old age?
Gildan: "I'm not as good as I once was, but i'm as good once as I ever was."

"I'm stubborn as those garbage bags that time cannot decay; I'm junk, but I'm still holding up this little wild bouquet." -Leonard Cohen, "Democracy"
darkfire
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by darkfire »

Dameon is about 6 foot.

He is built decently, especially for the normal "mage". Weighs around 180-185lbs. However, when put up against the strong melee classes that are 6'4"+ and probably minimum of 220 lbs of muscle, he pales in comparison.

He's no construction worker or roofer. :P
[quote]WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.[/quote]
Bianca
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Bianca »

Wiki wrote:Females (wemics) can be as tall as 6 1/2 feet...
...and Bianca's not quite finished growing yet.. so.. I would say she is probably just over 6' for now. 8) [/quote]
p0m
Major DM

Post by p0m »

Dannar is just tall enough to make fun of anyone worrying about how tall a video game character is.
[i]Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers.[/i]
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

P0M so doesn't want to know what else I know about each of my characters...
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

And wafting in from the ether to alight here:

"Xai, Whopping 6'8 (Tall for humans, taller for aasimar, I've never been told no, so he's a big guy.) 250 pounds of muscle."

"Ryk 6'1, Tall for humans, excessively tall for Drow, Again, I was never told no! Skinny though, pretty much a negative image of me, (I weigh a svelte 170, with 2% body fat.)"

"Soul (Solys) Same as Ryk, though not frail. More muscular, and while not "ripped" healthy looking. Probably looks like a stereotypical rockier/hippie."

"Hawk. Standard elf. 5'6ish or so. Hops around too much for anyone to get a read on him."

JD Smith

Post by JD Smith »

can't remember ... did I tell anyone in game how tall Ro is?
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?
Starslayer_D
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Starslayer_D »

I allways pictured Myra as a tall woman, like a zulu :) So probably over 1.80 m
Dengar
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Dengar »

Amash of Black Bard 6'5"

Dimwick Dappapalo not sure, I guess average hieght of a halfling
Why do they call him Boris the bullet dodger?

Because he dodges bulltes Avi!
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Egil - slightly over average height even among big Norse warrior types, perhaps 6'1"; with the heaviness of middle age, he'd run to fat if he didn't exercise all the time.

Soleis - average height for an elf (unusually tall for a male drow) with the slenderness of youth.