Teleport and Word of Recall

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

jarman
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Teleport and Word of Recall

Post by jarman »

Quick question, if you use teleport or word of recall by yourself or in a group to escape a mob is there any chance that one or more of the mobs will be teleported along with you?

Just want to get that cleared up in case I want to escape to my house. I don't want to also bring along some unwanted guest. :)

Post by Guest »

Nope, no chance. The caster is in control of what is teleported.
VIpAcT
Veteran DM

Post by VIpAcT »

I LOVE this ruling! :shock:
[size=75]<Sarmanoloth> I should have went Dirty Harry with the Solar
<Sarmanoloth> "See this? Its a Celestial crafted greatsword with three runes of enchanted and loaded with Holy Avenger Caliber magic. So I have to ask you a question? Do you feel lucky? Punk?" [/size]

Post by Guest »

The only thing someone could do is use a spell to determine your teleport location then go there themselves. However that's not currently implemented for players or NPCs. DMs could do it though granted their NPC's class has the adequate ability to do that..
Khaelindra
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Khaelindra »

You can teleport NPC's with you by accident... 8) :roll:

Screenie following, if i can get it uploaded right...

Edit: i'm not getting it done. Anyway, i Recalled back from a ship to Takaii, and lo and behold two of the ship guards teleported with me and started to combat the Takaii commoners. The village won.
Gary Gygax wrote:
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved.

Post by Guest »

That's a bug that has been happening with teleport. I don't know how or why, since the function being used gets party members only. It won't teleport hostile creatures from what I've seen.