General request to honor "cyber" rule

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

ambrosia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

General request to honor "cyber" rule

Post by ambrosia »

I'm moving this post, so as not to at all detract from the great stuff Silverdragon had to say. I've also tried to reword it. 8)
ambrosia wrote:1) Some players continue to not follow the Cyber with yourself or others only behind plot doors rule. I'm just feeling..well..slimed.

The queen of embracing conflict hereby confesses that she is having a hard time with being able to talk to individual players about this topic. :oops:

I will try and work on this, so if I start sending tells to say "please, do you mind toning it down?", it is because I, the player, am uncomfortable. Please know in advance it is with the best intent and I am not desiring to "kill" your fun.

While I will try and be more vocal, it doesn't make me feel good to have to do so. I don't equate this kind of conflict as "fun." hehe ..As it would really help me if I didn't have to ask at all, so I'm taking the general blanket request tactic first. :wink:

I certainly don't mind "hugs" or even "kisses" or even something generic like "romantically kisses" .. I am a happily married woman not an ice cube. 8)

I'm not even talking about emoting things like "walks sultry" or "looks coy" or "struts his/her stuff" or "glances seductively to so and so", "looks weak in the knees when so and so arrives", etc.

To me, that just adds IC flavor. Its generic, open to whatever is going on around, and subject to people's interpretation and interaction, even objection and rejection, if applicable.

Where I draw the line personally, is this: Once your emotes cross the line into what sounds more like excerpts from an erotica or romance book or described in such a way as to remove the ability of the other people around you to interact with the situation, it should be private and not in front of other people.

For example, be happy to see each other. Keep R-rated reactions on how happy you are to see the other person to yourself. Kissing is totally fine. Taking a paragraph to describe exactly what and how you kiss and what you touch while you kiss should be done after you two head off elsewhere else. :roll:

I hope that helps people to better understand where I am coming from so we can all continue to have fun playing together in this awesome world. :D

Thank you. 8)
Verandis

Post by Verandis »

By the way.

When I log on as a DM I often look for groups of people to mess with. So much more fun then just one!

However, sometimes I see a couple in a place they should not be, doing...couple things :oops:

If I'm going to run something as a DM, I assure you it will not be enjoyable if you're doing...you know. Stuff that makes me blush.
Idonia

Post by Idonia »

I'm honestly astounded- who does this in weird places? Who are the people that's stumbled upon them? That's got to be the weirdest thing, I don't know how it happens but thank god I haven't stumbled over anyone.

I haven't stumbled

But I have interrupted something with a very large, red dragon :twisted:

So beware.
*Coughs.*
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

I have to agree with Verandis and Amby
by way of further explanation of why the rule is in place though:

Even if you are whispering, and even if you don't think anyone is around to see or hear you, that doesn't mean a DM hasn't just jumped to wherever you are and can "hear" whatever you are whispering. Most of us on have families, and most of us would rather not see something come up on our screens that we would be embarrassed for our kids or significant others to see.

On the other hand, if we see you in the player list and you are in player housing or in an inn...we know you probably don't want to be disturbed. :wink:
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
darkfire
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by darkfire »

Spawn CR 100+ Sereg on the ones who are out where they aren't supposed to be. It's what I would d......

err wait, wrong world.

>.>
[quote]WrathOG777: This is a roleplaying game. There is no such thing as winning or losing. Only playing.[/quote]
orvarg
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by orvarg »

good one dark however doing "it" in a public location will attract onlookers no doubt probably 30-40 of them and being that the public is a curious bunch they would probably "follow" the two perpatraters in question to see what else they might do(after all who does'nt like street theater rite!).
until of course they find an inn or a room where the public won't follow . :twisted:

just a little something to think about

orvarg guss's player
nwmblondy

Post by nwmblondy »

Ha people have sex in public places all the time.

Ahem, of course ~I~ would never do something liek that but peopel do.

Then *looks up a couple of posts* some peopel never have sex full stop...

*sigh*
I want a date, or a restraining order, you choose.
makelovelikewar

Post by makelovelikewar »

I like the street theatre analogy! :wink:

Let's see, I have a character who would throw gold to the cyber thespians for the show. OTOH, my main character (Noor) would be blushing embarrassed and not interested in seeing a live demonstration of the "birds and the bees" talk. She would flee.

For the record, yes, I've run into explicit public foreplay on Hala on more than one occasion. Sadly, I was never running the character who would have pointed them out to everyone and thrown money. :wink:
If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)