Chaotic Evil
7%

Total votes: 30

kombinat
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

What is your main PC's alignment?

Post by kombinat »

Hey all,

I'm interested to know what people's main character's alignments are these days. I expect this fluctuates over time, as the player base changes, as people's tastes change, and as characters themselves develop... so spot checks every now and then should be interesting. Just doing the same poll on Avlis, some of you may have noticed.

So it really is a spot check, I'll set the poll to close in 14 days. In 6 months perhaps we'll do it again and compare.

If your answer is "My changeling has a different alignment for each form", please vote what is on your char sheet or not at all.

If your char's alignment is different to what it should be due to game engine limitations or because you just haven't found a DM to change it yet, then vote what it should be.

If you have multiple chars and no clearly defined "main", then just vote for whichever you're currently having the most fun playing. If you can't decide that, then pick one at random.

Cheers,
kombinat
KenLie

Post by KenLie »

I voted with my Hala based char rather than the main... Guess that's ok..
Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Post by Void Hamlet »

Well, it shows * really * to be a CG plane :)

My Hala character is NG, and as for my Avlisian characters ... all NE, though rather neutral than evil, as someone said :wink: Deffinitely not going towards TN, though.
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and you have to make fortitude saves, you know it's a druid. -Cap'n Charlie
kombinat

Post by kombinat »

So far a strong CG tendency is visible, very interesting :)
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

There are 6 evil players out there?!

Alignment is such a tricky thing.
Lawful means you follow the laws. What happens when the laws of your god conflict with the laws of a city or something.

I think im a good person. I believe in the death penality. I have no problems with hanging murderers or imprisoning rapists or mollesters for life. Someone might consider that evil :shock:

Hard to play your characters alignment sometimes thats for sure.
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Odin Hammersong
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

alignment

Post by Odin Hammersong »

Yes, alignment is hard to convey. Not sure of Hala specifically, but most roleplaying games are an "absolute good/absolute evil" sort of thing where if something is considered evil by the creators(DMs/Devs) and its portrayed that way in the world, then it's evil. For example, take Lord of the Rings. Anyone ever stop to think about what it's like to be an orc soldier in Mordor's army? Maybe that orc has a wife and little orc at home, and he's just trying to make a living and get by. He takes orders as a soldier to destroy the 2 midgets and a crackhead trying to throw the ring into the volcano and destroy his home. Is he evil? hrmm. He is defending his home after all.

OK OK, that's a bit extreme, but the idea is there. In the real world, "evil" is pretty relative. But in fantasy-land, I think "good" and "evil" have to be pretty absolute, otherwise we end up with the "bad" guys suing the "good" guys and demanding compensation. :P

Oh, and as far as Lawful Neutral goes, I think part of that alignment can include a situation where the laws of the land conflict with the personal laws of that particular character. I think the char could have some real internal conflict over that. but there's no RP rule that says LN have to be lawful to the laws of that land. LN folks generally follow a code, be it set by the government or himself. The point is that the character follow it adamantly and to stray from that code is to become something he's not--something UNlawful.

Just my 2 cents.

--Odin

AKA Wyland Dandafar
Adhin

Post by Adhin »

Hah and i voted Chaotic evil because thats what Eil is suppos to be (due to god alignment blah blah, but statisticly its NE, i still go for the chaoticness though). And it is kinda funny when people find out im evil. Evil, for eil i define that by simply not caring, and ENJOYING killing people reguardless of there views on the world for what HE preserived to be right (protecting nature). And that can be pretty evil when the right ehh 'problems' arise. But on an avrage im pretty nice to everyone. I mean, sure running around killing everyone in site for no other reason then to 'be evil' just doesnt make sense. If i was making a delusional mass murderd id do that but... *shrugs*
Def Con: kills owls dead