OT: What after NWN?

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

[ArcanE]
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

OT: What after NWN?

Post by [ArcanE] »

I've suddenly realised a terrible thing after lastnights regular session of NWN-addiction. What after NWN?

I mean, i've been playing DAoC, EQ2 and numerous other (MMO)RPG's but none could even match the level of Roleplaying i've seen in NWN PW's like Hala and Avlis. And everytime i just give up on the other game and return to Hala for that very reason, very good roleplaying. Now i've recently seen a post on gamespy that Bioware (or whoever is developing the NWN2) has registered a copy of the HL2 Souce engine for their next settlement of NWN. But NWN is scheduled for half 2006 ( :shock: ) so my question is ... shall we all remain playing NWN till then or are there other games in the nearby future that can match NWN's RP'ing??

I can't think of having to play in NWN 1's GFX while every other RPG frisky is poking a troll's zits with a toothpick.

(And now don't come and tell me that GFX aren't important, everybody wants to see greater detail which imho improves RP'ing too!)
[b]Silverene Donkerkind[/b]
Celestial Army Ammenti, 3rd Division, Island of Hala
Crimson Amazons Officer
Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Post by Void Hamlet »

PnP
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and you have to make fortitude saves, you know it's a druid. -Cap'n Charlie
[ArcanE]

Post by [ArcanE] »

Void Hamlet wrote:PnP
You need to have friends for that!!! :roll:

Plus i've tried PnP, those sessions never last longer than 2 weeks. Too bad actually. And for most people RP'ing irl feels weird thus results in just a bunch of friends acting silly and laughing (that's my experience with PnP)
Crimson Amazons Officer

Post by Guest »

If NWN2 is using halflife 2's source engine then it will be the greatest game ever created...

*drools to himself*
Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Post by Void Hamlet »

[ArcanE] wrote:You need to have friends for that!!!
I have. And most of them work in game creation studio under the wing of EA, some are writers ... heh. I am lucky. :oops: DAMN ME! :lol:
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and you have to make fortitude saves, you know it's a druid. -Cap'n Charlie
Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Post by Void Hamlet »

P.S. I am the freak amongst them, seems :twisted:
Nietzche
Minor DM

Post by Nietzche »

Indeed
A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.
- Oscar Wilde
[ArcanE]

Post by [ArcanE] »

Coloures wrote:If NWN2 is using halflife 2's source engine then it will be the greatest game ever created...

*drools to himself*
You bet ...

BUT I DON'T WANT TO WAIT TILL HALF 2006 !!!

THAT'S ALMOST 2 FREAKING YEARS!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Crimson Amazons Officer
Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Post by Void Hamlet »

.. And they're getting less that almost two years as I write this, and with every breath you take they're getting less, etc. shoulder patting.

Hmm ... 2 FREAKING YEARS! you say, are you sure you meant "freaking"? Here's an eye opener for you: [click!] :twisted:
Blaatmeister
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Blaatmeister »

They're gonna use the source engine? WHY?!?!?!?!?!!111!!! That will fuck up the easy to use toolset. Unless it's only the visual engine.

(I have nothing against the Source engine, mind you. HL2 and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines are the best games I've played this year. Even when I include NWN.)
[Random supposedly funny line of text that causes your intestines to implode.]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TapijtGeit/?chartstyle=basicrt10][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basicrt10/recenttracks/3/TapijtGeit.gif[/img][/url]
[ArcanE]

Post by [ArcanE] »

MarkSchouten wrote:They're gonna use the source engine? WHY?!?!?!?!?!!111!!! That will fuck up the easy to use toolset. Unless it's only the visual engine.

(I have nothing against the Source engine, mind you. HL2 and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines are the best games I've played this year. Even when I include NWN.)
Mind you ... obsidian registered a copy of the source engine ... they haven't confirmed they are gonna use it for NWN2 but that's the only game they are currently very busy working on so ... the rumour spreads.

And for the love of god i can't find the post on their forums that stated they had registered it ... :x
Crimson Amazons Officer
Blaatmeister
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Blaatmeister »

Thought as much. I searched the NWN2 forums and also couldn't find anything.
[Random supposedly funny line of text that causes your intestines to implode.]

[url=http://www.last.fm/user/TapijtGeit/?chartstyle=basicrt10][img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basicrt10/recenttracks/3/TapijtGeit.gif[/img][/url]