Just so you know

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

But I Ain't Got Wings
Major DM

Post by But I Ain't Got Wings »

Very sorry to here that mate. Hope all turns out better than expected. Not sure if they live up near you, I hope weather does not throw a monkey wrench into things.

Thinking about ya.... chin up.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

I know how hard this is; all my compassion and support.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Sorry to be missing pretty much everything IG of late; RL is crazy difficult right now. Though I will have to miss both Defenders on Sunday and Legion on Tuesday, I am hoping to at least make it to the Tower meeting on Thursday (but no guarantees). Regardless, I WILL be back, I promise (just not sure when)!
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

Long as you still haunt the boards :)
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

However long you need, we'll be here.

Hope things start to pick up soon!
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Tentatively back. RL still fraught, but I should be able to get IG a bit again, at least for now.

Jenai
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Jenai »

Welcome back <3
Quote:
Jenai even at near death is about as helpless as that kitten in Mithro. *Daemona*
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Heya. Just a quick note to let you guys know that I'm having major surgery on Friday, the 30th of May. We will be heading to the hospital the day before as it's several hours from home, so while we do plan on making the Tower meeting on Thursday from the motel, that might not be possible. The hope is that I will be home by Sunday and able to make the Defenders meeting, too, but again, that's barring any complications like last time. Akai will keep y'all posted. The hope (and the expectation) is that this will finally fix me. :)

Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Fingers, toes, arms, legs and whatever else crossed that might help!

Lets hope you can close this little chapter after the surgery this time.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Tremayne7
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Tremayne7 »

Sending positive thoughts, energy and love your way. :D
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Good fortune with the surgery. I hope the roads are safe and the hospital clean.
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Very long surgery, Doctor said it went well. Rudiki is experiencing new dimensions of pain, but has not reported any alarming symptoms except pain. Has computer in hospital, but not feeling well enough to use it; will miss Defenders tomorrow, and quite possibly Legion on Tuesday as well.
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

I am glad that the surgery went well, but my sympathies about the new dimensions of pain as those sound far less pleasant than the ones Rod Serling mentioned (and the Twilight Zone was bad enough). Best wishes and I hope that if Rudiki doesn’t feel well enough for Legion on Tuesday that he’ll at least be recovered enough to be tempted, and sensible enough to listen if he’d crock himself by trying.
But I Ain't Got Wings
Major DM

Post by But I Ain't Got Wings »

Glad the surgery went well. Not its time to HEAL UP! Where did I leave those Heal Potions?
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

HUGS and love to you both. Keep us posted. :D
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Rudiki here, still in the hospital. The new dimensions of pain are apparently normal for this procedure and don't indicate that anything is wrong, which is good. The pain is getting less each day but still hurts bad. Today they took me off the IV pain meds and let me eat something for the first time. They are a bit worried that my gut hasn't woken up; I think when that happens they will send me home.

It's tough to type (hurts. Everything hurts.) so this will be it for awhile; my apologies to the IC side of things; I will get back to it as soon as
I can.

galen_macbyrne
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by galen_macbyrne »

Exactly! Take Garthond's advice, farting's yer ticket outta there!

(Feel better soon! - we miss ya!)
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

They do desperately want me to fart, but I fear I am channeling Lexy as I just can't! :P

poizyn69
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by poizyn69 »

I have been thinking of you and wondering how you have been doing. So glad to hear the surgery went well and seems you are too. Don't rush yourself just to get out of there..though I know the feeling...just take the time to recover. My prayers and thoughts are with you.
Jenai
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Jenai »

I hope today finds you better than yesterday. We miss you. Don't rush, get better and we will see you ig soon.

xoxox
Quote:
Jenai even at near death is about as helpless as that kitten in Mithro. *Daemona*
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37lobi0DGwc

That just about sums up how I feel. :(

Jademoon
Minor DM

Post by Jademoon »

*squeezies in comfort*

Glad to hear all went well and hopefully you will better soon!
Take your time to recover well and completely!
My thoughts are with you!
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Sorry to hear that things are going slower and more painfully than hoped. Good luck with being released Friday, with the journey, and with cats not accidentally landing or walking on especially tender portions when they show you how glad they are that you are home. Good luck to Akai as well as it sounds like he’ll have to do all the sheep wrangling for a while.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Heya, all.

Got home last night. Still have plenty of intense pain and zero stamina, but am managing, despite kitten help, the most spectacular of which so far was the: "I need to get up there, so let me use the long row of metal staples in your body as a launching pad", and the "Banzai!!! I have made a prodigious unexpected leap and have landed right in the middle of your dinner plate and am now rushing around the bed distributing sauce everywhere, after which I will sit at the edge of the bed and work on cleaning myself while giving you reproachful looks for getting me all icky."

However! It is still great to be home and I would not trade my critters for a zillion bucks even though it hurts to laugh, too. Still not possible to be at 'puter for long, so if I make Defenders at all today it will be a very short cameo, but I'm hoping that by Tuesday I'll be able to make the Legion, and on Thursday the Tower.

Thanks so much for all the support; it's really appreciated.

_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Those both sound like your own fault. If not for a cat to climb or jump from why would you have those staples? To a kitty they look like the metal rungs that can be inset into stone or concrete walls or shafts. And how dare you have sauce on your food when that makes it so unpleasant for a cat to walk on? Your diet should be restricted to only those things that will not get between their toes or cling to fur. :P

Hoping to see you when you feel up to it and that this will be sooner rather than later. Good luck with critters and everything else.