Just so you know

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Rudiki here, still in the hospital. The new dimensions of pain are apparently normal for this procedure and don't indicate that anything is wrong, which is good. The pain is getting less each day but still hurts bad. Today they took me off the IV pain meds and let me eat something for the first time. They are a bit worried that my gut hasn't woken up; I think when that happens they will send me home.

It's tough to type (hurts. Everything hurts.) so this will be it for awhile; my apologies to the IC side of things; I will get back to it as soon as
I can.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
galen_macbyrne
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by galen_macbyrne »

Exactly! Take Garthond's advice, farting's yer ticket outta there!

(Feel better soon! - we miss ya!)
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

They do desperately want me to fart, but I fear I am channeling Lexy as I just can't! :P
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

poizyn69
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by poizyn69 »

I have been thinking of you and wondering how you have been doing. So glad to hear the surgery went well and seems you are too. Don't rush yourself just to get out of there..though I know the feeling...just take the time to recover. My prayers and thoughts are with you.
Jenai
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Jenai »

I hope today finds you better than yesterday. We miss you. Don't rush, get better and we will see you ig soon.

xoxox
Quote:
Jenai even at near death is about as helpless as that kitten in Mithro. *Daemona*
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37lobi0DGwc

That just about sums up how I feel. :(

Jademoon
Minor DM

Post by Jademoon »

*squeezies in comfort*

Glad to hear all went well and hopefully you will better soon!
Take your time to recover well and completely!
My thoughts are with you!
_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by _JM_ »

Sorry to hear that things are going slower and more painfully than hoped. Good luck with being released Friday, with the journey, and with cats not accidentally landing or walking on especially tender portions when they show you how glad they are that you are home. Good luck to Akai as well as it sounds like he’ll have to do all the sheep wrangling for a while.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Heya, all.

Got home last night. Still have plenty of intense pain and zero stamina, but am managing, despite kitten help, the most spectacular of which so far was the: "I need to get up there, so let me use the long row of metal staples in your body as a launching pad", and the "Banzai!!! I have made a prodigious unexpected leap and have landed right in the middle of your dinner plate and am now rushing around the bed distributing sauce everywhere, after which I will sit at the edge of the bed and work on cleaning myself while giving you reproachful looks for getting me all icky."

However! It is still great to be home and I would not trade my critters for a zillion bucks even though it hurts to laugh, too. Still not possible to be at 'puter for long, so if I make Defenders at all today it will be a very short cameo, but I'm hoping that by Tuesday I'll be able to make the Legion, and on Thursday the Tower.

Thanks so much for all the support; it's really appreciated.

_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Those both sound like your own fault. If not for a cat to climb or jump from why would you have those staples? To a kitty they look like the metal rungs that can be inset into stone or concrete walls or shafts. And how dare you have sauce on your food when that makes it so unpleasant for a cat to walk on? Your diet should be restricted to only those things that will not get between their toes or cling to fur. :P

Hoping to see you when you feel up to it and that this will be sooner rather than later. Good luck with critters and everything else.
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

I'm so glad you're home and the pain will go away. Poor Rudiki and poor Kitty. Definitely, not fun for either of you.

HUGS and much love from Seamus and I. :D
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
But I Ain't Got Wings
Major DM

Post by But I Ain't Got Wings »

Glad your home *HUGS* thanks for the update. Hope you heal up quickly and with less pain...

HUGS HUGS HUGS
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

* hopes the HUGS are not on the aforementioned row of staples / kitty ladder rungs *
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Not horrible news, this time! Just an apology in advance for missing the next Psion meeting and the next Defenders meeting as I'm off Thursday morning for my annual dogsledding trip to northern Ontario. Could get interesting this time as "Secret", true to her name, is due to have an unplanned (by humans) litter of puppies sometime right around this weekend, so we might be whelping puppies in the motel bathtub. :) Needless to say she has been dropped from the team, and will doubtless have her nose out of joint about that, but it is her own slutty fault. :) Luckily we know who the daddy is and it's a nice match, so it could be worse.

Apologies also for missing the last Defenders meeting; was doing last-minute stuff for my sister before heading off to Canada.

I should be home Tuesday night, hopefully in time for the Legion meeting, but maybe not. I'll try to take pictures and post 'em!

Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Have fun! :D

Too bad you can't make a detour by Ottawa and meet with old me and have a Beavertail on the Rideau Canal! ;)
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Someday, Moonyju!

I'm home. Had a great time despite the crazy supercold weather, dogs did great, no puppies yet. I forgot the camera, though. :(

And while I was gone my sister took a turn for the worse. We still don't know the details of just exactly how worse or what we can do about it; working on that now.

Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Update:

I'm headed to my sister's for several days and might miss Defenders (yet again; sorry!) though I will try to log on and play from there if time permits.

7 puppies; 3 gray and white boys, 2 gray and white girls, and 2 black and white girls. :)

Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Sorry to hear about your sister!
Give her a big squeezie for me!

And YAY for puppies! :D
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Still at sister's. The weather and circumstances surrounding her latest round of radiation conspire to keep me here for awhile and not IG. Miss you guys; will try to log on when I can. Life's not fun right now.

_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Missed you last night, though as the Legion meeting was adjourned you didn't miss much. Was going to PM sympathies that things were still bad enough for you to be unable to make it. I hope things improve.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Some of you know my sister has been battling cancer for the past four years. That fight is now in its final days, so I very likely won't be IG for a bit, and if I am IG it will be because I need to get my mind off the RL situation and I won't be good for much. I'll resume as soon as I can. I know no apologies are necessary, but sorry anyway, and thanks for your support throughout.

Brayon
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Brayon »

Rudiki wrote:Some of you know my sister has been battling cancer for the past four years. That fight is now in its final days, so I very likely won't be IG for a bit, and if I am IG it will be because I need to get my mind off the RL situation and I won't be good for much. I'll resume as soon as I can. I know no apologies are necessary, but sorry anyway, and thanks for your support throughout.
So, so sorry to hear that man. My prayers to you and your family.
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

:(

Thinking of you.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

*hugs*
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

If you do choose to log in then you certainly don’t have to worry about being ‘good for much’. Whether you are playing Alexis or Gildan it is always a pleasure and if we can help you get your mind off things then that is only a small repayment for how you and your characters have enhanced this game and how glad we are to know you.