Just so you know

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Someday, Moonyju!

I'm home. Had a great time despite the crazy supercold weather, dogs did great, no puppies yet. I forgot the camera, though. :(

And while I was gone my sister took a turn for the worse. We still don't know the details of just exactly how worse or what we can do about it; working on that now.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Update:

I'm headed to my sister's for several days and might miss Defenders (yet again; sorry!) though I will try to log on and play from there if time permits.

7 puppies; 3 gray and white boys, 2 gray and white girls, and 2 black and white girls. :)
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Sorry to hear about your sister!
Give her a big squeezie for me!

And YAY for puppies! :D
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Still at sister's. The weather and circumstances surrounding her latest round of radiation conspire to keep me here for awhile and not IG. Miss you guys; will try to log on when I can. Life's not fun right now.

_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by _JM_ »

Missed you last night, though as the Legion meeting was adjourned you didn't miss much. Was going to PM sympathies that things were still bad enough for you to be unable to make it. I hope things improve.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Some of you know my sister has been battling cancer for the past four years. That fight is now in its final days, so I very likely won't be IG for a bit, and if I am IG it will be because I need to get my mind off the RL situation and I won't be good for much. I'll resume as soon as I can. I know no apologies are necessary, but sorry anyway, and thanks for your support throughout.

Brayon
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Brayon »

Rudiki wrote:Some of you know my sister has been battling cancer for the past four years. That fight is now in its final days, so I very likely won't be IG for a bit, and if I am IG it will be because I need to get my mind off the RL situation and I won't be good for much. I'll resume as soon as I can. I know no apologies are necessary, but sorry anyway, and thanks for your support throughout.
So, so sorry to hear that man. My prayers to you and your family.
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

:(

Thinking of you.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

*hugs*
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

If you do choose to log in then you certainly don’t have to worry about being ‘good for much’. Whether you are playing Alexis or Gildan it is always a pleasure and if we can help you get your mind off things then that is only a small repayment for how you and your characters have enhanced this game and how glad we are to know you.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Re: Just so you know

Post by Rudiki »

Hi, All,

Tomorrow I'm leaving for Kansas to make my annual (when I can afford it) pilgrimage to the Siberian Husky Club of America's national specialty dog show, which my sister used to refer to as "Husky-Con", to explain it to all our SF & fantasy fandom friends. :) This means I will definitely miss the next two Defenders meetings (tomorrow and next week's), and almost certainly also the Legion and the Tower of Iron Will meetings this upcoming week as well. I will have my 'puter with me and will see if I can log on for the Legion and the Tower, but I won't have a lot of free time so I may well be a no-show.

I know we've been absent a lot of late, and I apologize! Our absence certainly does not indicate any lack of dedication and enthusiasm for this game. I miss you guys, and I will be back!

Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

I'm back! :)

Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Wubba! :mrgreen:
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Heya,

I'm still out of town, writing from the motel room. I'll be back home probably on Thursday night, although maybe not in time for the Tower meeting. After that, I'll be gone again for about 2 weeks starting Aug. 3rd.

In the week or so between getting home and leaving again I will probably be able to make any IG meetings (Legion, Tower, Defenders), but other than that I'll be madly working to get caught up from the last trip and ready for the next one, which means I likely won't be able to do much (if anything) else IG.

When I get home in mid-August, I'll still have less time than I would like for the game, but I'll try to catch up and do the best I can. Please bear with me and be aware that any delays in answering PMs or scheduling meetings is nothing personal. I have said before that where I am concerned, always assume incompetence rather than malice, and you'll always be right. :)

Finally, please assume my characters have excellent reasons for their player's absence/lack of response. I feel bad enough already. :)

Thanks, and I'll see you in game!

ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

As some of you already know, I spent all day Friday in the ER with my adopted mom. The end result of that: she did fracture her hip when she fell, but will not need surgery. Saturday she was moved to rehab where she will be 7 to 10 days.

I spent most of Sunday sleeping.

I just got a phone call to say my dad is now in the ER with heart problems and an erratic heartbeat and they are concerned about blood clots and are going to need to admit him for at least two days. He is out of state so I can't even go and visit right at the moment. I tried to call but the ER nurse said they were working on him at the moment And he could not talk.

While I'm hopeful everything will be fine for both parties, I am aware of how easy it would be to feel very stressed right now. So if I seem a little on edge please forgive me in advance. I shall try not to be in game if I don't have a good attitude.
Last edited by ambrosia on Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chastened Phoenix
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Chastened Phoenix »

Do what you need to.
(At risk of speaking for others) We'll Still be around.
My sympathies.

*hugs*
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from technology."

Insanely Curious
Curiously Insane ;)
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

Thanks. Finally got a hold of my dad. They are not going to admit him to the hospital until the ER team can stabilize his heart rate and his blood pressure, both of which are very high and erratic. Apparently they are concerned about potential congestive heart failure and some blood clots. I will hopefully know more tomorrow.

I am going to go back to bed and endeavor to go back to taking care of me.

Thanks for the hug!
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

My sympathies to you.

I hope your adoptive-mum's rehab goes well and am glad the hip fracture was not serious/complex enough to need surgery.
I also hope the news tomorrow is good about your dad.
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

Thanks!

So far the news is they were able to stabilize Dad enough to move him to his own room. I do not yet know the results of the other tests, but it does "feel" better that he's in a room in the hospital and not in the ER anymore.
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

They've extended the rehab for mum to the 17th and for dad.. meds haven't worked yet to stabilize his heart so they are doing some sort of electric shock procedure tomorrow. :(
Chastened Phoenix

I hope your father's procedure went smoothly.
(Or ended up not being needed.)

Insanely Curious
Curiously Insane ;)
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

Thank you CP for the "moody" fun with AJ tonight. I was not in the space to be Lorianna :)

When I logged with you, I found out My dad is home as of the last couple hours, but I am being told that they could not do the procedure because his blood was too thin so he will have to come back, but that his blood pressure was stabilized enough for them to send him home. (Or he may have decided to just call it close enough and go home himself; I'm unsure on this point.) However I am also hearing there are several "serious concerns" with his heart and healing and there is not an ETA on when he can resume work or even normal activity. What is really frustrating to me is that nobody's telling me what that actually and realistically means.

Dad says he does not want me to come to help, that he is fine, but his wife is now freaking out on Facebook because he's always her caretaker. However, she is quite prone to drama, so I don't actually know what the truth is. At this point, all I am left with is taking dad at his word, so there you go. I'm really concerned about him. :(
ambrosia

Post by ambrosia »

Ok! Today was the day for plan movement! Yay! I will potentially be out of game ( or very limited) for a few days ( including today) to help my sister finish up the last few things that need to happen before mum can ( for sure now) come home on Thursday.

dad saw that I was not doing well with him just being optimistic and keeping me in the dark, and filled me in on all the actual details and facts. Now I don't have a bunch of unknowns to worry about. :) I am clear on his next six weeks of treatment which of course will change as time passes, but now I am at least in a good direction on both fronts :-) thanks for all of the good vibes :-)
Chastened Phoenix

Yay to fewer unknowns! :D

boo to less in game time from you. :(

Insanely Curious
Curiously Insane ;)
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

I'm home! I'm home! :)

Just in time to read about all of Amby's troubles with her family's health; yikes! :( I hope that everything continues to progress well, and all our support and good wishes from me and Akai!

I'm about to read the forums to get caught up on what has happened while I was gone. Lexy WILL be at the Tower tonight at 8:00 p.m. EST, unless I find out there is some reason he can't/shouldn't be when I read the forums. :)

I missed you guys.