A request

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

JD Smith
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

A request

Post by JD Smith »

With the loot containers now being able to be refilled in time; might a request be made that if one should come upon say ... 20 or so tightly packed loot containers ... one does not fireball (or otherwise mass destroy) the lot for easy loot pickings?
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

i approve of this request
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

While I agree, I can attest that it's not always easy to avoid destroying things when monsters appear with chests.

I've been doing my best to use spells with Rykolyn that do not destroy things, unfortunately, it's not always possible,

Chain Lightning in particular is a common spell for me, and it's hardly easy to control. It sometimes arcs further than ever, seemingly JUST to destroy a chest.

Is there any way we can make said chests indestructible?
[i]I live yet do not live in me,
am waiting as my life goes by,
and die because I do not die.
- St John of the Cross.[/i]

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Possible, yes, but also ridiculously time consuming as it would mean editing each chest. Its also not realistic and there may be instances where someone may want to break a chest for IC reasons. It would also be just as easy to remove all the ondeath scripts from the chests, so that if you blow up a chest you don't get loot, giving people a bit more incentive to be careful :wink:
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

silverdragonams wrote:Possible, yes, but also ridiculously time consuming as it would mean editing each chest. Its also not realistic and there may be instances where someone may want to break a chest for IC reasons. It would also be just as easy to remove all the ondeath scripts from the chests, so that if you blow up a chest you don't get loot, giving people a bit more incentive to be careful :wink:
Well as long as I don't have people coming after me for it, I'm cool with leaving it all as is.

Honestly, there is only one place this has happened so far. (Which can be planned around.)

And really, nothing will ever spawn in that chest (Or any chest.) , that's worth dying over, if Chain Lightning is my only spell left. :wink:

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=User:Xanthalas][size=75]WIKI INFO[/size][/url]
silverdragonams
Head DM

Post by silverdragonams »

Exactly. Try not to blow them up, but in the end you gotta do what you gotta do and no one is going to blame you for crushing a chest while trying to avoid death.
JD Smith
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by JD Smith »

I understand about the area effect of spells in fights .... and that wasn't what I was referring to. The 20 or so tightly packed loot containers I meant are in a room that I've never once seen any monster inside. A locked room that takes a specific key to open ... and it had become more or less a 'standard operating procedure' to fireball these specific ones as it was much easier for looting purposes to have bags that faded out when empty as opposed to the permament loot containers being there and needing to click around like 50 times to try to make sure you checked all 20 or so of the tightly packed ones.
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?
Xanthalas
Loremaster

Post by Xanthalas »

JD Smith wrote:I understand about the area effect of spells in fights .... and that wasn't what I was referring to. The 20 or so tightly packed loot containers I meant are in a room that I've never once seen any monster inside. A locked room that takes a specific key to open ... and it had become more or less a 'standard operating procedure' to fireball these specific ones as it was much easier for looting purposes to have bags that faded out when empty as opposed to the permament loot containers being there and needing to click around like 50 times to try to make sure you checked all 20 or so of the tightly packed ones.
Yeah, which really, is poor form.

Most of my comments were a bit tongue-in-cheek humour, hah, so don't worry.

I am pretty sure we all concur that with these new scripts, some habits should change. It gives me reason to try some new spells too!

Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

I caught someone doing that while I was DMing and picked up a bunch of the loot and said it burned :P
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]