Famine beast wrap up stuff

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Zombie
Veteran DM

Famine beast wrap up stuff

Post by Zombie »

Righty. A big thanks to everyone who took part in my plot. 'Banishing' the beast in some way was the main goal of the plot and pretty much ends the plot as far as I’m concerned. There are still things to do/find out, but that will be separate now.

This was quite an adventurous plot for me. Lots of things going on. Plots and tricks and various different ways of doing things. I would like to know how I did and how people felt about the plot and my DMing in general. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

I had a lot of fun running this. Things can take longer to happen that I plan for and players came up with some very inventive solutions and ideas that kept me on my toes.

So how did the characters do? Well, they didn’t loose, but they didn’t win either. I guess there will have to be a part two…..
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Verandis
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Verandis »

Thanks for the fun plot. I appreciated that you worked to get many PCs involved and I enjoyed the time I was there for it :D I'm sorry I'm so rusty with Arcanen, it took some getting used to to play the character after so long and I will try not to neglect him so badly over the next few months. (Also, I forgot all my elven!)
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

I had fun and sorry I was not involved as much as I should have been. I think it was fun and can't wait for more.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Over? Over??? But there's a man dying... oops, guess he would've asphyxiated by now, guess it is over. :oops:

But definitely a part 2! Soon! Expect to be bugged continuously! So many things left unresolved...

I like your DM'ing very much. Some of my favorite things are plots that make sense, where things can be figured out from information that's available in game, and that aren't contradicted by other information available in game; and inclusiveness, where everyone who wants to can contribute, and each character's particular strengths are useful to finding the solution.

I do think perhaps you made some of the information too hard to find. We still don't know the origin of the wendigo; who created the pentagrams and set up the guards around the tomb; the truth of the relationship between Gullveig and Bodor; what Gullveig's part in all of this was; the nature of Gullveig's ring; how the ring happened to show up in the tomb just then; why the man that was turned to stone was still insane when unstoned; not to mention the big one, the solution to the wendigo problem. (Plus other questions I'm probably forgetting right now.)

I think we tried every source of information we could think of, so we needed more hints on how to find the rest of the information that we needed. I think some of the clues we got were too self-contained, not leading to other clues. The books with the information we did get, for instance; even if the books themselves didn't have additional clues, the nature of the books might have led us to additional clues. (What language were the books written in? Who were they written by? The materials the book was made from might have indicated where they were made?) Even if the elders we asked didn't know, they might have had some idea who else to ask. Sometimes players need help thinking of these things!
JD Smith

Post by JD Smith »

As far as clues go ... remember that PC's can sometimes miss what may be the most blatantly obvious things. For example - while running a MechWarrior game; there was an extremely important encounter to take place in town. The man hiring the Mercs told them they were 2 days early; laid out 200 S-Bills each on a table and told them to enjoy a night on the town because they'd have an entire day to recuperate. To a man; everyone pocketed the money and stayed in the barracks for the next 2 days. No in town encounter - no critical mission information learned. :roll:

Now; I obviously have no idea of all the clues or all the clues found - just saying ...

From the little bit of time Ro was in the plot ... very nicely done. I really did like the part where Ro asked for a warning beforehand if Bodor needed to stab Rachel - and then a few moments later Bodor said just that. (Once Bodor got rid of his larygitis; that is. :twisted: )
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

I had tons of fun working in this plot. I liked how a lot of people and characters could contribute in some way or another throughout the plot, right from the start or in the middle or at the end of it. (Side note: kudos too to the players, who accepted to include other players/characters on the way.) This goes a long way in feeling like you can influence or take your place in a world, even if you're a casual player, whether by choice or by force. And all characters could use their strong skills and knowledge. Like Yana could use her druidic skills to help a little. Might not have been a lot, but it was useful and it's something she could do.

I wasn't in from the beginning (I think.. or not as deeply involved anyway), but the clues I found were vague enough to get my brains going to find other ways to ask more questions, or more precise questions, yet, clear enough so that the other characters who had other clues could put them together, piece the puzzle and the story to find a course of action or ways to help until a final solution (even if it still requires a part 2! ;) ) could be found.

I also felt like you were open to players' ideas to get your plot going forward. What I mean by that is that, correct me if I'm wrong, I felt you had the main skeleton of your plot (main events, key issues/solutions, etc.) but left a good opening to players to find solutions or ideas you may have used further on in the plot. I like that. For example, what JD Smith said about when Ro asked for a bit of warning before Bodor stabbed Rachael... and boom! Bodor ended up stabbing her. You could have planned it to happen.. or you could have used what Ro said to decide what Bodor would do.

Looking forward to part 2! =)
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

At least I didn't have Bodor eating Rachael's heart like 'some body' wanted.....
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

I'm glad you want to include everyone who wants to be involved. I would have been more involved (at least on the forums) if I had known who to contact. My bad. :cry:

And I wish to apologize as IC Aria would have been concerned and worked to look up lore and things. As Aria currently has other duties *cough cough*, she can take time off to assist as needed. Just bonk me over the head with a PM and I'll respond back.

Love you guys and Zombie, you're the best.

HUGS!
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Zombie wrote:At least I didn't have Bodor eating Rachael's heart like 'some body' wanted.....
Who wanted that? >.<

.. I didn't want it... I said I was OOCly expecting it, given the legends we found. Sheesh. :P
JD Smith

Post by JD Smith »

Moonyju wrote:
Zombie wrote:At least I didn't have Bodor eating Rachael's heart like 'some body' wanted.....
Who wanted that? >.<

.. I didn't want it...
Once said ... Ro was looking forward to it happening ... :twisted:
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?