Totally wierd connection problem

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Nastr0nd
Major DM

Totally wierd connection problem

Post by Nastr0nd »

For some reason for the last 2-3 days I have been unable to see any of the Ysgard servers (or Tairis). They do not appear in Gamespy and I can't direct connect or even simply ping the server.
I can see and connect to Avlis and Arkaz servers without problems.
Has anyone encountered a problem like this before and have thoughts on a solution?

~Nastr0nd
Verandis
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by Verandis »

When I can't see servers, I check my friends list to see if they are on the server I want to be on, and can often connect that way.

I've never had a problem where I couldn't direct connect as well, though.
davicurtistaggart
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

totally weird connection problem

Post by davicurtistaggart »

still happens sporadically to me,too,but rarely for that long.i've used verandis' solution,and sometimes the connections reappear almost immediately when i cancel and return,or even log and then return.hope this helps. :)
3DWarrior
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by 3DWarrior »

If the router you use was changed out for another, or someone was messing with the settings of your firewall, that could be the cause. I do know from past experience that certain ports have to be open in order to see all the servers.
If you are trying to play through a firewall of some sort, here is some information for you to help you get connected. Neverwinter Nights uses UDP, not TCP for its connections. If you think that your firewall is preventing you from connecting to the game servers, please make sure that the following ports are open:

* Ports 5120 through 5300
* Port 6500
* Port 6667
* Port 27900
* Port 28900

In addition to opening the ports listed above, you may need to allow incoming connections on the port you are running your server on (5121 by default) and forward those connections to the computer running the server.
Taking a peek to make sure the previously-mentioned ports are opened is a step in the right direction, or at least it is if the problem still exists.
Nastr0nd
Major DM

Post by Nastr0nd »

Having had a chat with my ISP (talktalk) they claim they are aware of the problem which has been ongoing for several days and prevents people connecting to various servers in the US and UK. They assured me it's not a problem at my end or at the server end, but definately their fault and they have engineers working to fix it.
I think several of you know my opinion of current opinion of my ISP so I am not going to rant about them here.
I will be back in Ysgard and pwning people eventually.

~N
BPanther
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by BPanther »

Great you get it fixed.
<@HumbugCause> Lir's in and out more than a red light girl's regular :P
<@CoffeeDragon> Sorry Lir, I traded you to Zombie this morning for 2 cookies and a collectible digipokimonster card.
davicurtistaggart
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

totally weird connection problem

Post by davicurtistaggart »

come back soon!i hear somebody's getting married! :D