Crafting, Crafting, Crafting.

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Nastr0nd
Major DM

Post by Nastr0nd »

A quick question:

Is there a preference for an Avlis Style workbench etc. where you load materials onto the workbench in order to craft or use the Ysgard system of needing the items in your inventory?
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

I way prefer Ysgard's style.
BPanther
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by BPanther »

Ysgard style, i could use personal slave to dump all the ore to forge if thats possible. Other than that i have no issues with it. Fix for leatherworking could be nice, need skinnable animals on module too.
<@HumbugCause> Lir's in and out more than a red light girl's regular :P
<@CoffeeDragon> Sorry Lir, I traded you to Zombie this morning for 2 cookies and a collectible digipokimonster card.
JD Smith
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by JD Smith »

When crafting - I'd much prefer to dump the stuff out of inventory and unto some type of table. With an auto dump/auto load option ...
A.N. Imus: Simon Colin Bernard
Victoria DeVitale: thankya
Victoria DeVitale: I need something shorter
Victoria DeVitale: Sim?
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Yes, the forge could use an auto-load option!
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

I'd prefer the auto load. It makes it so much easier to unload things.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Verandis

Post by Verandis »

Unless you have a fix for NWN bug whereby it doesn't always check the character's full inventory when seeing what the PC has in their bags, I recommend the 'dump items onto table' option. This is because when I'm trying to practice crafting, it is sort of aggravating to have some 100+ items for crafting and get a 'you don't have the correct items' show up because NWN doesn't see the items in the character's inventory. I have never encountered this error with the 'dump onto the table' option unless it's also looking for a crafting tool in my inventory at the time.
Soul Hunter
Major DM

Post by Soul Hunter »

You do realize that if you have to dump it into another container that it makes it that much hard to discover a new recipe. I MUCH MUCH MUCH perfer it looking at the inventory that I am holding