Dm events

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

albonia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Dm events

Post by albonia »

Without a doubt agree with every word Tholoth says here, but there is a little something i'd like to bring to attention. Most of the DM's here are US based so the biggest proportion of the events happen past midnight here which is virtually impossible to attend during the week. I realise that it's not easy for DM's located in the US to organise events in EU peaktimes but to be honest, i haven't seen a Celestial Army quest since the nagritch seige which has been a loooong time ago.

Please don't think i'm bashing the DM's here because personally every event i've attended (no mater how long ago) has been better than i've seen on any other PW. But i just think there are too little european based DM's especially now Mark quit.

Maybe it's just me but i can't say i haven't played much lately, never been more active than the last month and still the only quest i've been at were three goblins near Hangate who were harrassing the farmer with his mad cows (don't know which DM that was though)

Please don't think i'm just spitting my gut here but i think i'm not the only one who thinks there should be more events during EU peaktimes. No Demon army invading Nagritch or a Lich making clones of CA members in Tel but just the proverbal "Amy lost her cat" or "Bob was harrassed by Goblins" quests would be a welcome variation to the endless runs in the minya or Mirtho goblin caves.
I have moved this to the general discussion because i think it deserves its own thread.

I agree with everything Arcane has said no way am i knocking the DMs they do a good job. But the Amazons have become more active again and are holding regular Monday late evening (GMT +0) training sessions. It would be nice if a DM could run a mini quest for us sometimes to make our sessions more than just a routine tour of the black tower or the minatour caves.
[ArcanE]
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by [ArcanE] »

With the Amazons becoming more active now and mark quitting it's perhaps good to assign a new DM to the amazons who can take care of the small things like clearing out the rooms in our guildhall for new members, guilditems, quests, etc ...

If there is a shortage of DM's i'd be more than happy to give DM'ing a try and become apprentice DM. Or if some things need to be done in the toolset, just let me know, i know my way around the toolset and i'm currently digging into NWN scripting so if that helps ...
e'Kieron

Post by e'Kieron »

Well, in response to your post.

I run probably more events than any DM around. That being said, I am also US based. GMT -7. This definitly conflicts with most of the European players. I can do little to run more events during times at which I simply cannot play. Originally, I had hoped that there would be two DM's for the Celestial Army and I had aspirations of the Demon Army DM or another Celestial Army DM being European based.

As it stands, not only is there no DM sponsor for the Amazons, but there is only one DM for the Celestials and Demons. I have taken up the possibility of running both sides. However, I recognize your issue and hope that we can soon assign more DM's to the cause at which we want.

We are working on making more DM scripted quests that will change as well. This should help break up the monotony of just doing a "run."

So, don't fret. Much more content to fill this world is being worked on very dilligently - you will not be let down.

-Ex'Zeer
"Every night has a day, even forever has to end... Sometimes." -Magus, Chronotrigger
T'Holoth Shadowborn

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

A "trick" i've found that works sometime (and i hope im not pissing in my own bed here) is to give the DMs a hand. Give them something to work with. Comming up with plots and quests at the snap of their fingers must get pretty difficult at times.

When i'm with some people i'll make up something (might be cheesing?)

"Hey guys lets go check the felmorian ruins for any portals".

be very vocal about it. if a DM is on and listening that might give them a few ideas on what they can do for you. It will also give them time to set up.

"Lets go see if the dean of the university is still acting strange"
If a DM hears it they might jump in, if not then no biggie.

I try to run player events too that tie in with some ongoing hala plot even though theirs no DM present. Sometimes we get attention, sometimes not. I think the key is to be very vocal, let the DMs see some good role playing and give them some material to work with.

Anyways thats just something I do that i find works sometimes. Even if it doesn't, it;s still more fun than sitting around waiting for something to happen heh
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Hope you don't mind me dragging this one back to the top, but i was just curious as to where Hala's current DM's are based...

Being England based i normally get on around 5pm gmt for a few hours during the week, then earlier over the weekends (depending on how much i was drinking the night before :roll: ) and seem to run into DM quests at fairly random times - which of course is great because the unpredictability just adds to the fun...

So.. back to my original reason for posting..... just wondered where you lot actually are....
:?:
ApproachingWinter

Post by ApproachingWinter »

Washington DC, USA at the moment, not sure where I'll be in about a month.
“Divine being creates petting zoo. It gets out of hand.”
- The Bible (summarised by John W. Mangrum)

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
Edgar Allan Poe (1809 - 1849), "Eleonora"

Characters: Kal Shadowhand, Streea Arisa.
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

I'm in England.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

Almost the same as Winter, except about 20 minutes north of DC
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Asbendale
Knight of the Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Asbendale »

Hi All

Well i cant say i havent had my share of quest on Hala, and i must add that it is one of the servers i have played on that makes the most quests for its players....so great job over there. I can see the problem with having no EU dms, since it one of the most commen problems on all servers and i agree that it would be a good idea to have more from EU.

So if we need a dm from EU ill be happy to give it a shot. My location is GMT+1 and for work im 2 weeks at work (out sailing....where i cant play much) and 2 weeks off the ship, but i wouldent mind leanding the DM team a hand the 2 weeks im off the ship.

Asbendale Silverblade
Crystalactite
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Crystalactite »

I live in England ^-^;

I go to bed at around 9pm so I can wake up early and play with the US folk at 5 am and onward. I'll sometimes change my sleeping routine if there's a good quest on.
T'Holoth Shadowborn

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

I can think of 3, maybe 4 DMs on hala that are from europe.
Dune, Neitzche (sorry for butchering name), Moredo and i thought someone else. I don't think theres a big lack of european DMs on hala?

At that, many of the big quests i've been involved in have easily went from 9 or 10 pm to 5 or 6 am. Plenty of time for people to join those quests, no?
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

As i recall the demon army battle finished about 10am here...

Was quite amusing really... I shut the curtains, locked the doors, let the dog out and sat back down to play Friday night... Some hours later, still in the same playing session... i opened the curtains, unlocked the doors and let the dog back out again Saturday morning.....

It's quests like that that make it all worth it :lol: :lol:
NWDuneAuron

Post by NWDuneAuron »

Tholoth is right, we have me, Moredo and Nietzche as european DMs. Coverage isn't at all bad.
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

*sniff* Spare a thought for the poor old player(s) on +12. I still get some fun dm lovin time though. I can however have difficulty finding people to play with *sob*

I guess that will teach me not to live in a back water country like New Zealand.......
tid242
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by tid242 »

T'Holoth Shadowborn wrote:I can think of 3, maybe 4 DMs on hala that are from europe.
Dune, Neitzche (sorry for butchering name), Moredo and i thought someone else. I don't think theres a big lack of european DMs on hala?
Hamlet is also from Europe (Bulgaria?) IIRC.

-tid242
[ArcanE]

Post by [ArcanE] »

Mind that the first post is half a year old, back then Mark just quit and Dune and Void didn't make it to DM yet ...

Coverage is alot better now honestly.

:)
tid242
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by tid242 »

[ArcanE] wrote:Mind that the first post is half a year old, back then Mark just quit and Dune and Void didn't make it to DM yet ...
That's funny, I was just trying to read all of the interesting posts at work. Wasn't even paying attention to the dates.

heh

-tid242