LotN Continuation Tomorrow, Sunday between 6-7 pm GMT

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Arkon
World Leader

LotN Continuation Tomorrow, Sunday between 6-7 pm GMT

Post by Arkon »

Just as it says above, continuing the plot tomorrow. Kel and I worked out the time but I'll let her post what the actually agreement was. Found out i'm free all day so anytime is fine with me :)
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Khaelindra
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Re: LotN Continuation Tomorrow, Sunday between 6-7 pm GMT

Post by Khaelindra »

Arkon wrote:Kel and I worked out the time but I'll let her post what the actually agreement was.
I'm guessing you mean me by "Kel"... 8) :lol: :P

The research for the recreation of the orb will start at 19h00 GMT, after we gathered at Nagritch U library entrance. Attendents besides me will be at least some researchers from Ivory (Laf, Aria, perhaps Jarius as he seems to have reappeared) and a victim to my bleeder knife who is to provide us with the "blood of the original makers": Krystal. We hope to both find out how to recreare it AND enact it, but we'll see how far we can get in a reasonable time.

Other contributors are of course welcome. Do not expect a hack&slash session though. You never know, but just to advance warn thrillseekers. :)

Mickey.
Gary Gygax wrote:
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved.
Khaelindra
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Khaelindra »

Short note: sorry i wasn't there, was RL emergency, just got home. Hope it was fun.

Mickey.
Gary Gygax wrote:
A Master role player is one who is willing and able to bend their character concept to make the game more enjoyable for all involved.
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

I saw a big ol bout of hack and slash :)
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Void Hamlet
Area Builder

Post by Void Hamlet »

• And I crashed exactly 19 times during the event ... :shock:

As Tholoth said, it was a big bang bang, fervor, blood, and despair, not to mention it far ain't over - no, preciousss ...

The only unusual thing was a golden dragon who spoke only Draconic and Celestial, frustrating the illiterate mortals.

Here you can see the poor creature :

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and you have to make fortitude saves, you know it's a druid. -Cap'n Charlie
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

Can i pretend this is players feedback a moment?

Just wanted to clarify something for my characters RP.

After the lord of the night came and shit hit the fan I was suggesting we talk to him. No im not being a fruity peace and love hug the trees palaidn. [Im a killer, ROAR!}
I can come up with some pretty believeable IC reasons if i wanted to but the truth is, i wanted to try and help out the DMs, OOCly.

Their in a tricky situation. 20+ characters from level 2 to level 37. The group split up sorta because there were too many. So the DM attention is split. Main bad guy shows up and one thing leads to another and its a huge brawl. The DM has to decide wether to make the monster invunerable, which everyone hates, or make it hurtable. DM makes it hurtable so people end up attacking it (as did I). Since its a pretty godly its not going to be killable with straight foward weapons and fighting. But how does the Dm juggle that?

I think players (myself included in a big way) need to give these killer monsters a little more respect/fear. (We've touched ont his in another thread too)
I think the DMs could avoid some of these situations where players just hack and slash their avatars if they gave out some real reprecussions.
Suck the life out of someone (loosing xp)
Temoary (or not) loss of magical equipment.
imprisonment for a short time (like the psion banishment)

IC wise i doubt these huge evil prideful monsters are going to shrug off someone showing them disrespect and attacking them? No way. They are going to do more than a simple beat down.

Im just thinking we players can try to help out the DMs to make events more fun for everyone.(Helping them helps ourselves right?)
one or two Dms trying to handle 20+ players, through lag and read through a flooded DM channel, follow a plot line, keep up with a changing enviroment, answer Dm tells, takes a lot of work.

I dont wanna sound like a dink and i hope thats not how im comming across. As ive said im just as guilty of the stuff im commenting on.
i think these huge events are awesmoe. It's well known players on hala get like what, 300% more Dm attention than on other worlds? I just think it's bennificial to help the DMs which will only increase our experience, magic items and enjoyment.

Sorry to hijack the thread like that arkon.
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

No need to say Sorry, Tholoth. Thank you.
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!