Artefacts of the Ages

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Artefacts of the Ages

Post by _JM_ »

Doing first draft of the "Tale of Cassandra" made me wonder whatever happened to the Artefacts of the Ages?

Rowena still has the Blade of the Ages, and I know Jayem declined both the Amulet and the Girdle of the Ages, but I didn’t note who got what. And I am a bit curious as to how powerful those became with their power increasing with that of those that had them. I don’t regret Jayem keeping his Elven Pirate Belt instead of the Girdle and deciding against either stopping wearing his Holy Symbol or merging the Amulet into it but I do wonder how much more “nifty” those and the other artefacts became and who they became “nifty” for.
Gregpooh
Knight: Church of Pants

Post by Gregpooh »

Seamus still has the Mantle of the ages (cloak). It's basically the same power as regular battle bands (10 DR against physical damage). It's only been updated once, so I guess it still technically has a 'final form' waiting in the wings.
It takes a [b]Viking[/b] to Raze a Village.
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Aria didn't actually receive one of the actual artifacts themselves, but she received a gift from the Aseir. It is a Rose and I think I posted the description under the "Neatest DM Reward" thread (or whatever it was called as I can't remember off the top of my head).
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Ronan
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by Ronan »

I uh. Don't recall if Varian had one or not. I think he might have?

Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

I think he did, but I don't remember which one. There were 9 of them if I remember correctly.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Ten. :P

Blade (Rowena / ?)
Mantle (Seamus / after one update 10/- physical resistance)
Amulet (? / ?)
Shield (? / initially 5/- elemental resistance)
Girdle (? / initially +1 STR & +1 CON)
Ring (Gildan / + CHA & CON)
Gauntlets (? / ?)
Boots (? / ?)
Robe (Soleis / Spell Resistance 14 or 16 & +3 CHA)
Hood (? / ?)

And just to make things clear the first "?" is the one I am more curious about. If you have one and don't want to say what it can do (which seems more common in the Legendary Items thread, I did it myself) then that is fine. :)

EDIT: Added information.
Last edited by _JM_ on Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenai
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Jenai »

I believe that is the event where Jenai recieved her Dragon mark. She wouldnt trade it for all the world . :D
Quote:
Jenai even at near death is about as helpless as that kitten in Mithro. *Daemona*
ChukchiDog
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by ChukchiDog »

Gildan has the ring. I'll log in and check what it does exactly, but I think it gives extra charisma and stamina. ICly it makes him look a bit younger than he is, and may prolong his life, which is a good thing as he's now in his mid-80's. I'm pretty sure it's been updated once.
Gildan: "I'm not as good as I once was, but i'm as good once as I ever was."

"I'm stubborn as those garbage bags that time cannot decay; I'm junk, but I'm still holding up this little wild bouquet." -Leonard Cohen, "Democracy"
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Soleis has the robe. It started as spell resistance of like 14 or 16, and got upgraded to plus 3 charisma. It was merged with Sol's holy robes of Sune, and he still wears it as his main outfit.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]