Children's letters

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Children's letters

Post by Psye Shaar »

Hi folks.

Now this is, at this stage, just a general enquiry to gauge interest in an idea.

Having visited the orphanage in Le'Or, trying to find out a bit more of his past, Tris has decided that it would be good for the kids in the Light of Celestia to write to the children in Le'Or's orpahange.

Now, I was going to just do this via board emotes, but then came up with the idea that maybe it could be fun for people to either get in touch with their inner child, or even use their own kid's drawings, which could be scanned in. (Bit of fun for them to draw dragons or other monsters?)

Now, letters would be just talking about Hala/Ysgard through the eyes of a child. They wouldn't be signed by specific kids because of trying to avoid placing conflicting personalities on any of them... However, drawings (while credited to the player) can by 'signed' by one of the current orphanage kids.

These would then be sent to Avlis (I'll be PM'ing Pleth to see if they want to pick it up that side as well and maybe end up on their boards) and you never know.. might even be some come back this way eventually...

So, to summarise:

- Letters written as kids describing Hala/Ysgard

- Drawings/paintings of bits of Hala/Ysgard or monsters/people. Anything from crude crayons to a bit more artistic is fine. Scans or done on computer also fine.

- Pictures can be signed by an orphanage child, letters won't though.

For now I'm just looking to see if anyone would be interested in this kind of thing. Something a little different.

Hopefully that all makes sense... and thanks for reading!

Psye
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

No interest then?
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Rali'vinee
Squire: Church of Pants

Post by Rali'vinee »

I love this idea!
I'm in, Psye.
[i][b]Arkon: "[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Rali%27vinee_Ish%27tarestacia][color=#00BF00]Rali'vinee[/color][/url] is at the same time, the most lovable character I've ever come across, and the singularly most infuriating."[/b][/i]
davicurtistaggart
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

children's letters

Post by davicurtistaggart »

so do i!just am real uncertain how well i'll be able to participate;for instance,i draw even worse than frieda spells! :) love to see what the many creative minds in the game can come up with!
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Re: children's letters

Post by Psye Shaar »

davicurtistaggart wrote:so do i!just am real uncertain how well i'll be able to participate;for instance,i draw even worse than frieda spells! :) love to see what the many creative minds in the game can come up with!
Well there's where people have a bit of freedom. Since they would be from kids of varying ages, it really wouldn't matter how good or bad anything is. The important bit would be having fun doing it :)
orvarg
Knight of the Holy Church of Annoyance

bad drawings from bad kids in juvenile hall

Post by orvarg »

ok i suck at drawing and spelling (at least typing anyway) bad letters and terrible drawings from rotten kids in juvenile hall comming up! :twisted:
T'Holoth Shadowborn
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by T'Holoth Shadowborn »

I think it's a great idea sadly I think I lack the creativity to make it look like even a decent attempt. But I'm looking forward to see what others manage to come up with.
[i]Blessed is the mind too small for doubt[/i]
Though I walk through the vally in the shadows of daemons, I shall fear nothing. For I am what the daemon fears.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

I love the idea too, and would be glad to try to participate.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
ambrosia
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by ambrosia »

Totally fun idea! Did you decided to do this?
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

It hasn't happened yet because IC events mean the kids are otherwise occupied, but from the interest I've received from various people I'll definitely do something with it, yes :)
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

ooh.. glad you've resurected this.. might be back on the cards in a month or so :D