Apologies and stormy weather

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Apologies and stormy weather

Post by Rudiki »

Apologies first, to Jay and to Yana, for respectively disappearing and failing to appear last night. Storms ripped through our area at around ten p.m. that downed an impressive number of trees and power lines, and our power, along with many thousands of other people in a large area, went out. The storms were so bad they made the national news.

Since the weather has also been hellishly hot and muggy, this was a Very Bad Thing. Luckily our house was undamaged, but after a few hours of unsuccessfully trying to sleep we gave up, packed up the critters and drove a couple hours to Akai's parents house (we had to carefully get past about half a dozen downed trees on the road before we could reach the highway), where they have power but the internet is down. Our cell phones were also down for most of the day but have now started sort of working.

A couple more 100-degree days are expected, and we have learned that it may be up to a week before we get our power restored. I'm at another friend's house now to use the internet briefly to get work done that has to be done before the end of the month, and then I'm off to my sister's to check on her; I can't raise her on the phone and her area is very wooded, so I think it likely she has no power too.

We'll be back IG as soon as we can. Lexy went and did retrieve the kittens from Rali's house, and left a note which I will write later. :) SORRY to miss events; if we can figure out how to make it to them we will be there, but no guarantees! Take care and have fun!
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by _JM_ »

I am sorry to hear it was that serious. You did warn there were some high winds just before Alexis vanished (as I was juggling Jayem’s prayerbook for the venture), so I knew your warning had been borne out, but not how seriously it had been borne out.

I hope all goes well with getting power restored for yourself and for your sister if her power is also out.
Shannen
Major DM

Post by Shannen »

Good luck, guys!!! And of, course, prayers your way.

Where's the goat staying?
General DM AVAILABILITY - I'm starting to look for trouble... (11/25/18)
fate-amenable
Whelp of the Unholy Church of Newbieism

Post by fate-amenable »

Stay safe!
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Sure enough, sister has no power. Most of the people I know have no power, but everyone is okay. :) The lamb is in Akai's parents basement where it is coolest.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Yikes!

Thor has been giving us a light show the past couple of nights. (Went to see Avengers again tonight :wink: ).
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
davicurtistaggart
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

stormy weather

Post by davicurtistaggart »

hope everything is fixed real soon!(don't listen to a certain animal-smitten hin's offer:we have no room for a lamb,even an adorable one! :) )oh,yes tried to contact mighty thor during"avengers"...got no response and almost got thrown out of the theatre :)
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Yikes!

No worries, my friend...! The important thing is that everyone is okay, then that the house is okay.

Sending good thoughts your way for quick repairs!

*many squeezies!* =)
Derica
Squire of the Holy Church of Annoyance

Post by Derica »

Take care of yourselves.
We finally dried out, so there is hope you will soon get power restored.
:)
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Visiting at a friend's who has internet, so may be able to get on for Defenders meeting in an hour and a half (may be too distracted by people & TV to be coherent tho!)
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

Just got home again; power and internet restored; yay!

_JM_

Post by _JM_ »

Glad to hear it.
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

YAY! :D

Welcome home!

House standing ok?
Tremayne7

Post by Tremayne7 »

Glad you're home and all is ok! Hope your garden is alright.
Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

"If life is a hankerchief, love is the embrodery that makes it more beautiful." - Alexis Dufresne Montjoie

"A Tyrite, a thief, a ranger and a preppy elf were sitting in a bar with a druidess..." -Aranel
Shannen
Major DM

Post by Shannen »

Tremayne7 wrote:Glad you're home and all is ok! Hope your garden is alright.
+1
And hugs to Tremayne7 too!
:)
General DM AVAILABILITY - I'm starting to look for trouble... (11/25/18)