D&D Next

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Zombie
Veteran DM

D&D Next

Post by Zombie »

This Friday night I am going to be playing D&D Next. For those of you wondering what that is, it is the play test for the 5th edition of the rules that NWN are based on (NWN runs on either 3rd or 3.5 edition rules, I forget which). It has made me have a bit of a think about what I like most about RPGs, and that is freedom. And sadly, that is something were our little computer based world falls down.

I was going some where with this, but I’m not sure. I think I’m going to be thinking about trying to be more free form in my DMing but I don’t know. I think that’s part of what can give me a creative block at times, which is wrestling with the tools when I just want to ‘make it so’. I STILL owe Nastr0nd a populated dungeon for example. I know exactly what I want to put there but ughhh its just such a chore at times and it will never be quite how I want it.

Anyway, ill post my thoughts on D&D Next after I play it, but having never played 4th ed my thoughts may not be worth all that much!

So, what am I on about? Don’t know. Just random thoughts in an open forum ;)
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]