Gauging interest -- Druidic/nature ritual

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

Moonyju
Minor DM

Gauging interest -- Druidic/nature ritual

Post by Moonyju »

Hi hi!

So, as the healing of Tel Forest has started, I was thinking of gathering the nature folk (druids and rangers) and those others who would like to help for a druidic ritual to help boosting the healing process a bit -- provided the dryads present would allow us to do so. ;)

Now, this is only an idea, there's nothing planned around it yet. I'm only trying to see who would be interested in taking part in something like that.

From my experience, it leads to great RP sessions. =)

Also! This is player-driven, there may or may not be a DM - if a DM or two are available and want to help us with this, that would be great! I do realise not everyone can be on at the same time. So! Here's how I see it:

- We do gather IG and do it with those who can be there (DM or no DM) at a set time and date.

- Although this would be mainly directed at Druids/Rangers, it can easily be open to all PCs aware of the situation and who are interested in helping.

- There would be an IC post of what happened during the ritual. So....

- ... for those players who can't make the time/date, they can add their PC's part under that post OR send a PM to me (or whoever will write the ritual post) for their part to be integrated to the main post. ***

***if that last part doesn't work for DMs, please say so. =)

How does that sound? Fun? no fun? Thoughts? ideas? cookies?
Freeze01
Resident DM Griefer

Post by Freeze01 »

Sounds like fun to me, Dael will of course try to be present IG. :)
ChukchiDog
Knight: Church of Pants
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by ChukchiDog »

Sounds great, and Gildan will be there if RL allows, and hopefully Rachael, too. Err...meaning hopefully Rachael will be there also, not hopefully Rachael will allow Gildan to be there. :)
Gildan: "I'm not as good as I once was, but i'm as good once as I ever was."

"I'm stubborn as those garbage bags that time cannot decay; I'm junk, but I'm still holding up this little wild bouquet." -Leonard Cohen, "Democracy"
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

I have a selection of PC's that would have reason to be there.. so yeah.. I'll decide on one that will, timezone's allowing :)
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Arkon
World Leader

Post by Arkon »

If I can... :)
Respect is Earned! Fear is Demanded!
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Alright people... plots, RL and various things got in the way of this, but I'd still like to do something like that if there is interest. =)

Now timezones and personal schedules are always an issue, so maybe the easiest would be during a weekend.

Depending on who is interested, this could start early Saturday morning GMT (or overnight, so to speak... starting around 0500 GMT***) and go on for a couple hours, with a repeat/continuation later on the Saturday and/or Sunday.

*** 0500 GMT Saturday = 0100 EDST Saturday = 2200 PT Friday ***

Now possible start dates:

October 20th
November 3rd
Saturdays after November 3rd

Any preferences?
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

...how about Saturday November 10th?

How does that work for interested peeps?
And what time works best?

I'm willing to do it twice if needed. =)
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

If it happens durring my usual weekend morning game times then I will hop in as a dm and watch/grief/whatever as appropriate ;)

There is a loose 'plan' to change Tel Forest, so this is a nice opportunity for the playerbase to have some input and give ideas to whoever decides to do the building work.

Even if there isnt a DM present, some good RP and a write up after would certainly help.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

Weekends are usually the time I can be on around the same time as others, so that generally works best for me too.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Zombie wrote:If it happens durring my usual weekend morning game times then I will hop in as a dm and watch/grief/whatever as appropriate ;)

There is a loose 'plan' to change Tel Forest, so this is a nice opportunity for the playerbase to have some input and give ideas to whoever decides to do the building work.

Even if there isnt a DM present, some good RP and a write up after would certainly help.
... this is tied to the building work in progress... ;)
The "ritual" focuses on helping the healing of the forest, giving it a little boost!

As per my first post (please refer to it if needed! =) ), I'm not coordinating with any DM on this. This is purely a player-driven RP-based event. If a DM feels like jumping in, that will be great and appreciated! But no plans about that per say.

There will be a post. As per the opening post on the thread, I'll base it on actual actions that were done/said IG by the various PCs present (aka, based on logs of the event). Also, if some players have a PC that would be interested in being there but can't make the time, I invite them to either 1) post their PC's actions under the original "ritual" post; or 2) send it to me and I'll add it to the post/under it. ***

*** That said, if the DMs have trouble with that bit, please say so.
Freeze01
Resident DM Griefer

Post by Freeze01 »

Nov 10 could work for me.
Evenings as always, either around 1800 GMT or after 2200GMT*.

*blame Merlin and the BBC
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Alright then, let's aim for November 10th!

Euro evening, exact time to be determined.

HOWEVER, if Zombie postpones his Halloween things 'til that day, then we'll postpone the ritual to the weekend after (Nov 17th).

How's that?
Zombie
Veteran DM

Post by Zombie »

my 'event' would be an hour to an hour and a half at most. I expect it to be shorter so perhaps no reason for both not to happen.
Grovel puts the P in swimming pool.
Small in stature, large in power, narrow of focus and wide of vision
My play/DM times: [url]http://www.ysgard.org/viewtopic.php?highlight=play&t=7671[/url]
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Alright people!

How about this Saturday November 10th at 2130 GMT (or 1630 EST)? =) Everyone willing to help the forest is welcome, druid/ranger or not!

We'll gather at the pond in Tel Forest, where the Dryads are.

Post here or PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Things will proceed as posted above *points up*. :D
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

*Friendly bump!*

IC write up will follow the event.

Again, those players who would like to be there but can't can post after the ritual post with what their character says/does, or send it to to me and I'll add it.

Questions, concerns, ideas, cookies -- PM me. =)

IC post here.
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Thanks to all who came to the ritual for humoring a little druidess to whom restoring the health of the forest is important and make this possible! :)