I am going to try something a little different here. Over the next few months I am going to arrange events where a DM may or may not be present. If you're familiar with the "MacGuffin" events on Avlis, then you already have an idea how this will work.
Here are the rules.
1. Some of these events are open to everyone and will be on a "first come first serve" basis. Others are related to ongoing plots and those attending will be at the whim of the characters already involved in the plot. This first event is the latter.
2. I will make IC and OOC posts pertaining to the event. The IC posts will contain clues as to what is going on. The OOC post will announce the rules specific to the event such as character levels and party size that its intended for.
3. There will be a premade dungeon waiting for you to crump. Players who want to be involved will need to arrange a time and place to meet. Thanks to Nastr0nd's wonderful DM tools, the dungeons will be persistent across resets so there is no real real need to rush.
4. Once the dungeon has been crumped, IC postings must be made. At least one person will need to make a post about what happened, who was there, what you party found and what your party did about it. If anyone takes any individual action (research, etc) after the event, post that too. Once posts are made, rewards will be handed out.
5. It is ok to run! If your party is forced to retreat, make an IC post with details. I'll change the dungeon to reflect what happened, then reopen it for a second try.
6. PM me if you have thoughts or suggestions afterward. Constructive criticism is welcome. Whining is not.
Now then, on to the main event.
Cleaning out the Heidabyr Mage School
IC contact for this event: Sulavan and Soleis
Location: Heidabyr, the old Blood Magic School Basement
Party: At least 5 epic characters. At least one character should be able to dimension door a party. Be warned, this dungeon will have a high difficulty level.
Please feel free to make ooc posts to arrange a date and time below.