Event: Cleaning out the Mage School

Talks that may or may not have anything to do with Hala or NWN

Moderator: Top Team

silverdragonams
Head DM

Event: Cleaning out the Mage School

Post by silverdragonams »

I am going to try something a little different here. Over the next few months I am going to arrange events where a DM may or may not be present. If you're familiar with the "MacGuffin" events on Avlis, then you already have an idea how this will work.

Here are the rules.

1. Some of these events are open to everyone and will be on a "first come first serve" basis. Others are related to ongoing plots and those attending will be at the whim of the characters already involved in the plot. This first event is the latter.

2. I will make IC and OOC posts pertaining to the event. The IC posts will contain clues as to what is going on. The OOC post will announce the rules specific to the event such as character levels and party size that its intended for.

3. There will be a premade dungeon waiting for you to crump. Players who want to be involved will need to arrange a time and place to meet. Thanks to Nastr0nd's wonderful DM tools, the dungeons will be persistent across resets so there is no real real need to rush.

4. Once the dungeon has been crumped, IC postings must be made. At least one person will need to make a post about what happened, who was there, what you party found and what your party did about it. If anyone takes any individual action (research, etc) after the event, post that too. Once posts are made, rewards will be handed out.

5. It is ok to run! If your party is forced to retreat, make an IC post with details. I'll change the dungeon to reflect what happened, then reopen it for a second try.

6. PM me if you have thoughts or suggestions afterward. Constructive criticism is welcome. Whining is not.

Now then, on to the main event.

Cleaning out the Heidabyr Mage School
viewtopic.php?p=66794#66794

IC contact for this event: Sulavan and Soleis

Party: At least 5 epic characters. At least one character should be able to dimension door a party. Be warned, this dungeon will have a high difficulty level.

Please feel free to make ooc posts to arrange a date and time below.
Characters:
[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=Sarakin_Fyne]Sarakin Fyne[/url]

www.anotherworlddesign.etsy.com
Akai
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Akai »

Yay! Thanks SD! :)

Days/times: Remainder of this week probably not good for me & ChukchiDog on account of upcoming dog show. Next week sometime? Tuesday night not good on account of Legion on Arkaz; Thursday night not good on account of ToIW meeting; those are all the committments I can think of offhand. When's good for you all? (Sulavan, Jay, Defenders?) Unless someone prefers otherwise, I'm inclined to aim for Sunday 11/4 at 3 pm Eastern, since Defenders are scheduled for then anyhow :)
Sable
Honor Guard: Holy Church of Big Mouths

Post by Sable »

Hey ya, weekends are best for me as they increase the chances of people being able to do civilised times :)
"Abash'd the Devil stood, And felt how awful goodness is, and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely” John Milton
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Guess weekends are best for me, as I seem to never be able to make weekday events. =)
Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

I'm aiming for that time to run another event which will take myself and CD and maybe one other out. It's part of an ongoing course of events that have been held up by me, so I don't want to schedule later still.

Myself missing is fine as it's my decision, but I wouldn't want to limit other people's chance if they want to be there.
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
silverdragonams
Head DM

Er...I should clarify that I have no intention of participating in these as a player. The reason I am going to try to finish up some ongoing plots this way is that weekends, when most people are free, tend to belong to my family. Even when I am around and IG I'm usually AFK every few minutes, which doesn't make for good DMing. So I'll hop on the client if I can, but its more than likely I'll get my TPK's in absentia.
Characters:

silverdragonams
Head DM

Bump!
Characters:

Psye Shaar
Assistant Head DM

Post by Psye Shaar »

My event is now going to be Saturday, so the Sunday time works for me now too if others want to stick with that?
[i]"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction." [/i]
Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)
Starslayer_D

Post by Starslayer_D »

My last information was sunday, 19:00 gmt? I guess this got swapped to saturday now?
_JM_
Honor Guard: Church of Pants

Post by _JM_ »

Last I heard was 20:00 GMT Sunday for the second attempt alongside the Legion of Nuvar.
Rudiki
Wearer of the Holy Pants

Post by Rudiki »

It's tomorrow (Sunday) at 2:00 p.m. EST, whatever that is GMT. When Akai said 3 to JM, that wasn't taking into account the recent "fall back" an hour.
13thHour : [Tell] *your alignment has long since passed any possible further move to 'sexy' due to reinventing the scale*

[url=http://wiki.ysgard.org/index.php?title=PCs:Lexy]Lexy on the Wiki![/url]
Moonyju
Minor DM

Post by Moonyju »

Rudiki wrote:It's tomorrow (Sunday) at 2:00 p.m. EST, whatever that is GMT. When Akai said 3 to JM, that wasn't taking into account the recent "fall back" an hour.
.... 1900 GMT... or 1400 EST. Sunday November 11th. =)
Starslayer_D

Post by Starslayer_D »

Attended and had lots of fun .. sooo many people, too.